Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

New Vlad Jr. Live Card

I'm curious as to why the new Vlad Jr. Live card that came out this morning is already a perfect. I know he's pretty well-hyped up, but he's only batting .167 or something so far in his first handful of games. Small sample size, I know, but Vlad Jr. already being a perfect on his Live card seems like a puzzling decision for a few people on here and on the Discord considering his real-life stats so far.

Like, we're fine with his FL card being a 100, but some of us feel like he should earn it on the Live Card, and not be a perfect right off the bat. Just my 2 cents.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

I'm curious to see his live ratings and how far he will drop with the next update.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

So far he is the only player with multiple perfect cards

Old 05-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Like, we're fine with his FL card being a 100, but some of us feel like he should earn it on the Live Card, and not be a perfect right off the bat. Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I think it is because his card is 99% projection right now. Quick sell if you get it.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #5
phillzigg
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I agree. I think it is because his card is 99% projection right now. Quick sell if you get it.
My thoughts exactly.

phillzigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I don't mind this, it probably is a reflection of his excellent ratings in the base OOTP game. Markus said that by the end of the season the LIVE ratings will be 80% stats and 20% initial ratings. So if Vlad doesn't shape up the card value will drop a bunch over time.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #7
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Someone a few weeks ago guessed that Vlad would debut in the low 80s. I didn't think so considering Eloy was a 94 his first week. But 100 is a stretch with his defensive ratings. He can train up at 1B or LF if the ratings are the same as the FL card, but a 38 3B needs otherworldly batting ratings to justify a 100.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

He must already be a future legend

(Pretty silly for the live cards, c’mon ootp )
Old 05-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #9
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The live card concept has been a disaster. All cards should update based on performance.. not just some here and there, and then unexplained card rating changes that don’t reflect performance.
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #10
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

I'm okay with it so far. I wouldn't say its a disaster unless it is taking time away from developers being able to roll out the new features that would take PT to another level. As in tournaments and card collection achievements.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster View Post
The live card concept has been a disaster. All cards should update based on performance.. not just some here and there, and then unexplained card rating changes that don’t reflect performance.

not a disaster, but some players appear to be getting larger bumps than others because of their names, rather than the actual stats.

then again, the OVR rating may be overrated itself at times...

Last edited by Whoofe; 05-06-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #12
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

I hope you'll get over this disaster soon, be strong.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #13
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster View Post
the ratings have a sound basis in ZiPs projections. It's about they best they could do, really. Vlad Jr. has ridiculously good projections because he is one of the best prospects in a generation.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #14
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

A fool and his money...

Last edited by webdox; 05-06-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: << This idiot bought him. I sold my Brouthers the other day for 225K
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #15
bonalditaylor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bad move OOTP devs. I understand its based on zips projections Ive been told, but still, have you even been following his at bats? Hes adjusting for sure, struggling you might even argue. 100 is not justified in any ways.

Last edited by bonalditaylor; 05-06-2019 at 11:22 PM.
bonalditaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #16
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
the ratings have a sound basis in ZiPs projections. It's about they best they could do, really. Vlad Jr. has ridiculously good projections because he is one of the best prospects in a generation.
So does zips think that Vlad will be by far the best contact hitter in MLB for the rest of the season? Because that's what the ratings suggest.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #17
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

I'll post his stats at the end of the week. My team finally dropped back down to Diamond after a 3rd straight 100 loss season up in Perfect so this should be a good test for what kind of numbers he can put up. Hopefully as the real season goes on he gets somewhat better as a fielder but as it stands he is my DH now. I had Brothers as my DH for several seasons and Junior looks as though he might be a suitable replacement for now.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #18
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

On a related note, Fernando Tatis' live card is already better than his future legend one

Old 05-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #19
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I'm actually really surprised to see him at 100.

I really expected him to be a low-mid 80s.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #20
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
So does zips think that Vlad will be by far the best contact hitter in MLB for the rest of the season? Because that's what the ratings suggest.
I haven't seen the card. I just know everyone complains whenever they think the devs manually adjust cards. And they have been very clear they don't do that. I trust them on that, because it's in their best interest. So if his card is rated too highly it's not because someone just decided to make him perfect...it's all automatic based on algorithms and projections.

I will concede that if his ratings show him as the best contact hitter in MLB, that is a bit too much. His projections are quite good, but not THAT good. If that is the case it's certainly possible that the algorithm needs some fine tuning around the edges or something. A player of his talent at that age is so incredibly rare, I imagine he's something of a corner case, and maybe the system isn't handling it perfectly.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote