Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:41 PM   #21
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

My current feeling

Packs are 1000 PP, 5000 PP. There are 6 cards in each pack. This guarantees you a card of a 80 value or higher, 60 value or higher, plus 10 other cards, (60+ 70+, 80+, 90+ being rarer than 59-.)...

The math on the "Regular" pack is complicated...Strictly each card is worth about 167 points. More complicated calculations will get you different estimates.

The minimum sell is +5 pp.

The only reason I think maybe a ceiling would be good is I've read and have experienced myself a point where this discrepancy between cards almost always going for 5-9 PP if they're considered next to worthless creates great demand for the better cards. But I've read a number of posts where people complain that they build up their team only to be disappointed by their experience. Part of that is that collecting ALL of the different cards becomes less sensible if all of the cards are as far apart on the market in worth as 5 PP to 500,000 PP.

You know...I can't express myself right now but I think there are interesting scenarios where a cap is added to Perfect Team and it potentially becomes a better experience for it.

I can imagine almost a few...where a cap would be added to the sell price and it would take something away, I mean, I'm enjoying the game as is... But I fully understand that that is just me. I'm trying to imagine scenarios where you have not much except reward PP and others where you have more $$ than everyone else for PP and that's where a cap, not to make it an even playing field by any means as if people didn't earn their various spots and rosters in this world but it would be a tweak so that we could turn the Grand Canyon into something like Yellowstone Park. Ha. Does that help. Grand Canyon representing some who can buy their and some who rely on rewards almost exclusively....Yellowstone Park representing a sort of order that complements the 6 different levels of play,,, When I've considered maximum for a card sell I've considered 5,555 PP (sounds crazy but it would put into perspective that all the cards are worth collecting for some reason or another) to 165,000 or 250,000-500,000 or 1,000,000, 1,000,000 honestly sounds healthy for the game if no other official cap is set... 250,000 PP, that sounds about right to me...

Of course when I consider a cap I do consider no cap or some very very high input limit auto-cap like 9,999,999 being just as well.

But anyway, thanks for the 2 participants who took my post as a question. Or 3 or 4. And the rest.

I've read frustration is all into some of the players sort of putting together a perfect team only to be met by more perfect teams and no , ahh forget it, the game is pretty great the way it is right now I suppose...I think of how someone's wife mentioned "they aren't real" then again you're probably no more likely to lose them than to your Mother or someone else who doesn't get why you collect physical cards physical cards. Why do you have to make something look so fancy for everyone to respect it and not just trash it because it's of no real value to them, ha, but that's part of what drove early baseball cards value up, is so few thought to hang onto them before they were worth an Easter Dime.

Anyway, have a great day and if you made it through my sloppy writing, congratulations...if you have any idea what I was talking about you are a level A interpreter, probably, if not in simple terms a cap could make the game more enjoyable possibly by keeping every player's "dream team" within reach. Something like that.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #22
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

what a waste of 10 paragraphs. Good god. Nobody is forcing you to play this game and nobody is telling you that you get to win just because you play. Wins aren't handed out. Please stop this nonsense.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #23
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
what a waste of 10 paragraphs. Good god. Nobody is forcing you to play this game and nobody is telling you that you get to win just because you play. Wins aren't handed out. Please stop this nonsense.
You could have stopped reading after this below, because there was no comeback from this nonsense:

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
The math on the "Regular" pack is complicated...Strictly each card is worth about 167 points. More complicated calculations will get you different estimates.
...or, y'know, any of his other posts in this thread.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:51 PM   #24
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah...I didn't really mean so everyone could have the team they wanted, not that that would change the end winning % of all games from .500 in the end... anyway more like to decrease animosity between people who "have to piece their teams together" and "whales" as someone put it in another post, ha ha...well, I liked the way that was put... but the thought occurred to me when I first explored the auction house that there might be a ceiling set for selling cards and so I posed the ? and a little more. That's about it.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #25
KWhit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Should there be one?

Discussion.
No.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #26
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah...

Quote:
1. Why are you so sure nobody is forcing me to play? ???

2. I said something about a cap on how much you could sell a card you owned for, not "free wins".

Old 05-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #27
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
1. Why are you so sure nobody is forcing me to play? ???

2. I said something about a cap on how much you could sell a card you owned for, not "free wins".
1) you're being intentionally difficult, this is childish.

2) Cap = more level playing field = easier to win for people that don't want to have to strategize. Hence why everyone is looking at tournaments as a more level playing field for the F2P crowd. This isn't a difficult feat of logic. Granted logic seems tough for the guy who wrote 10 paragraphs and his conclusion was basically <shrug>
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #28
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
1) you're being intentionally difficult, this is childish.

2) Cap = more level playing field = easier to win for people that don't want to have to strategize. Hence why everyone is looking at tournaments as a more level playing field for the F2P crowd. This isn't a difficult feat of logic. Granted logic seems tough for the guy who wrote 10 paragraphs and his conclusion was basically <shrug>
1. No I'm not. Difficult? It's pretty simple. Just like something outside of me could make me play, not my free will, somebody (or somebodies) could make me play. Prove me wrong that in no way am I being forced to play...…..

2. Umm...that sounds backwards to me. The playing field should be more or less level in a good contest. Sounds almost like you think some should have an inherent advantage...What does a setting a cap have to do with creating LESS strategies? As a GM or a manager?

Now as an investor...that's different, excuse me for not being one if that's your thing.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #29
atabakin
All Star Reserve

This thread was dormant for three weeks. Why resurrect this nonsense now?
Old 05-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #30
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
This thread was dormant for three weeks. Why resurrect this nonsense now?
2 weeks isn't such a long time. I thought about it. And came back to a problem with the other joker saying I don't get to win just because I play and I'm not being forced to play...Because all I did was propose that maybe there should be a limit to how much you can sell a card for...And I decided a limit would work well for me and others. To entertain a cap of 250,000 PP or so rather than the reactions I got just for bringing up a good point in reality. Not asking much.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #31
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Arguing whether or not somebody can prove that somebody is either forcing you or not forcing you to play is ludicrous and ridiculous. Just because you made a statement that can't be proven wrong with any evidence doesn't mean it's right...
Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #32
bonalditaylor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nope, let the market decide what its price should be. eg. Gibson, he's excellent but is he worth 500k? To most not, but because of the rarity and relative power at the catcher position, to those who have him hes worth it.
bonalditaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #33
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The AH is a free market. It should be and it is. I cannot afford the prices of the best cards either but I am mature enough to know that's the way life is. So what if somebody sells something for a million PP? You have the same odds to draw that card and make all you can from it.. This is another thread that needs closed.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:06 PM   #34
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
2 weeks isn't such a long time. I thought about it. And came back to a problem with the other joker saying I don't get to win just because I play and I'm not being forced to play...Because all I did was propose that maybe there should be a limit to how much you can sell a card for...And I decided a limit would work well for me and others. To entertain a cap of 250,000 PP or so rather than the reactions I got just for bringing up a good point in reality. Not asking much.
If you're the only one who thinks it's a good point, then it's not a good point.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #35
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Arguing whether or not somebody can prove that somebody is either forcing you or not forcing you to play is ludicrous and ridiculous. Just because you made a statement that can't be proven wrong with any evidence doesn't mean it's right...
That's all I'm saying, it isn't wrong. He said I wasn't being forced to play with zero evidence as well, and that struck me as even more ludicrous, yeah?

Old 05-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #36
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonalditaylor View Post
Nope, let the market decide what its price should be. eg. Gibson, he's excellent but is he worth 500k? To most not, but because of the rarity and relative power at the catcher position, to those who have him hes worth it.
Well ask Dogberry what a minimum on sales does to a free market because I'm not sure but it's no longer entirely up to the sellers and buyers what they sell and buy the cards for.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #37
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
The AH is a free market. It should be and it is. I cannot afford the prices of the best cards either but I am mature enough to know that's the way life is. So what if somebody sells something for a million PP? You have the same odds to draw that card and make all you can from it.. This is another thread that needs closed.
That's fine, you've got your opinion, I've got mine... I didn't say there NEED to be a max, I "wasted my energy" & I merely put it out there as to whether or not there should be one. Life is like that sometimes, someone can sell something for a price you can't afford. And life is perfectly open to a response too, if I was immature, I'd probably say it was unfair or wrong, you'd know it...Listen, we're a gifted bunch, I felt like a change could me made or not without us arguing... ha.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #38
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I am still not sure what you are trying to achieve by putting a cap on cards -- and if there are no goals to achieve then there's no reason to implement one. I have read your 10 paragraphs but it's all over the place and I cannot find much concrete points.

From what I read though, it seems that your reasons are:

(1)To lower the gap between whales and others
My take: Forget about that. F2P games are designed so the whales can buy advantage with money and enabling them to step over other players. This reason goes against that core design and will only lead to less spending from players and no business is ever happy with a lower income. F2P games are designed to be Grand Canyon.

(2)To make collecting all cards easier
My take: Collector is a rare player type. I don't think everyone is interested in collecting every cards for whatever reason. The implemention seems pointless if only a very minority of the players are happy with this goal. Also, I would point out that if collecting all cards become easier, there will be a point where collectors are not interested anymore because everyone has a collection just like them and there's no point for them to try hard.

(3)To make dream team easier to form
My take: Dream teams are dream teams because they are, in economic terms, positional good and luxury good. Making them easier to form would just diminish their value and make the whales not as excited to have them. For instance, let's say Gal Gadot is a 10 to you, she's a 10 because she is hotter than most women you see. If we have perfected cloning or plastic surgery and everyone on Earth can look like Gal Gadot after a day of surgery, then Gal Gadot(and everyone else) would just be an average 5. Then what's the point of pursuing a dream team, when everyone else has one? Is it a dream team anymore?

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-20-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #39
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That's all I'm saying, it isn't wrong. He said I wasn't being forced to play with zero evidence as well, and that struck me as even more ludicrous, yeah?
No. Just...no.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:20 PM   #40
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

More nonsense

Eh...You can be lucky or unlucky with packs.

The goal? Is sometimes 250,000 PP would be the goal.

If there are whales, there are ordinary (small) fish as well. Any idea how small these fish are compared to whales? REAL small.

So...whale playing the game and says OK, a perfect team, or rotation or lineup or defensive alignment or perfect record is the goal...Fish says the same thing, the same thing.

Before the prices you have the fact that there is competition and some limits to what anyone can do with their team...i.e. you can set everything up the way you want it & still lose/be unsatisfied playing for a number of reasons...THEN...

Comes the auction house thing.

A whale can go in and find his way to 10 great new players with some effort.

A fish goes in and thinks, "Oh, those whales are big, huh? How big?...A: Infinitely big. (without some maximum that the fish can appreciate as the biggest deal there is.) Â…

Now, my idea of a max of 5555 I still think could work, but at 250,000 maybe the fishes could say "OK that's how big, that's the most a player could mean to a whale.", And it would be true if the whales could speak for themselves on this one? The most you'd really like to sacrifice in PP for a single player ...Anyway, fish says, "I'll build my team using my budget OR try to get a 250,000 PP player I like to make my team better.", instead of thinking there's no limit to how good a whale can make their team, while playing with some severe limits in that sense to how good they can make theirs.

On the other hand, I've enjoyed the game and even if there were, or continues to be, no ceiling, the fish can play in a league of fish.