Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #21
andyhdz
All Star Starter

This whole thing could have definitely been done a lot better. But they know there isnt' much competition out there so their is no motivation to make sure we are still on the hook. So like suckers....we wait.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 PM   #22
aquatix
Bat Boy

I, and others I know, cannot wait to buy this game. I'll bet there is a silent majority out there that can't wait, and doesn't want to post (irony being I'm posting this) and get involved in the drama, etc.

Put me and 5 of my buddies in that group
Old 04-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #23
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Great job, it's been over a week now since the last post on this game board----no one wants to put up with you arrogance of not disseminating any information !!! I have been looking forward to the OOTP football game for better than five years now and this is how loyalty is repaid-----my solution I am not buying this game----period !!!
Old 04-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #24
File A
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
This whole thing could have definitely been done a lot better. But they know there isnt' much competition out there so their is no motivation to make sure we are still on the hook. So like suckers....we wait.
What a sucker you are. The rest of us will respect the process of building something from nothing. You, sucker, can put your life on hold or at a minimum moan about something that doesn’t exist. Go play mine craft or something. Boring.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #25
james17
All Star Starter

They really should shut this forum down or lock it until they have something of significance to say. Otherwise we just go in circles arguing about updates and just visit it to see if they finally have something important to say. And that just adds to the frustration.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:06 AM   #26
File A
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
They really should shut this forum down or lock it until they have something of significance to say. Otherwise we just go in circles arguing about updates and just visit it to see if they finally have something important to say. And that just adds to the misplaced and misguided frustration.
Fixed you.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #27
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by File A View Post
Fixed you.
I believe that is exactly what he was describing, and is a great example of why this should be locked.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #28
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great job, it's been over a week now since the last post on this game board----no one wants to put up with you arrogance of not disseminating any information !!! I have been looking forward to the OOTP football game for better than five years now and this is how loyalty is repaid-----my solution I am not buying this game----period !!!
I love the sense of entitlement that some possess (and flaunt). Don't buy it, meat. Its not going to change the very thing you're so crazily upset about.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #29
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

lol, he's going to buy it when it comes out... look how much he is emotionally invested into it already. he cares a lot. you could argue, he cares a bit too much.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-23-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #30
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Care to share any thoughts about it? How does it compare to OOTP in terms of play? (obviously the sports are different)
I used to play its predecessor (PFS) and am in a league that uses it, and my conclusion is that if you really want something to tide you over you'd be much better off with a previous FOF game. DDSPF just doesn't feel very deep, the game has some fundamental gameplay flaws (iirc teams not going for field goals in late-game situations, or in OT when it'd be the winning play), and the way the ratings work in the sim just doesn't make it very fun imo. Speed is king; a 70 overall WR with 95 speed will almost always outproduce an 85 overall WR with 80 speed.

All in all I believe Brooks has maximized what he can get out of the original code base and should do a complete re-building, a la OOTP2006. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do so but I also see very little progress from the last time I played the game (the final version of PFS) to now considering it's been like 4 versions now since then.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #31
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
I used to play its predecessor (PFS) and am in a league that uses it, and my conclusion is that if you really want something to tide you over you'd be much better off with a previous FOF game. DDSPF just doesn't feel very deep, the game has some fundamental gameplay flaws (iirc teams not going for field goals in late-game situations, or in OT when it'd be the winning play), and the way the ratings work in the sim just doesn't make it very fun imo. Speed is king; a 70 overall WR with 95 speed will almost always outproduce an 85 overall WR with 80 speed.

All in all I believe Brooks has maximized what he can get out of the original code base and should do a complete re-building, a la OOTP2006. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do so but I also see very little progress from the last time I played the game (the final version of PFS) to now considering it's been like 4 versions now since then.
Still?!? That's been the game's fundamental flaw since day one. Well, at least early on when I first played the game.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #32
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
You know, you could play FOF8 while you wait, like most of us FOF vets. That'll give you a leg up on understanding the mechanics when FOF OOTP releases.

The update to FOF8 from last year pretty much shut up most of the complaining about the game. It's in much better shape than before and is more than worth playing.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #33
tzach
Bat Boy

listen to garion and ezlee -- longtime MPers

i'll buy it day one.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #34
beauforsure
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ill throw in my 2 cents, I did think we would have something by now.. I hope its coming along very soon. But I do think not having a "Deadline" is hurting this release from a fan perspective. If someone told you while your at your job, lets say your a mechanic that you can fix said car anytime , my bet is it would be something you would gradually fix when you have free time meanwhile other cars with deadlines are rolling in. I kinda feel like this describes FOF right now. Jim has always been good to the community when it came to his releases , but this time around it has been poorly managed. My HYPE is slowly wearing off, the less is mentioned about it. It seems like FHM had no problems getting off the ground and running into what is now 5 releases... FOF already had a established game under the hood which is whats boggling to me why its taking so long.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #35
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if i were a parent i'd relate this to the "are we their, yet?" comments, lol. just reach back and strangle one of those living birth control advertisments you call kids.

i find plastic bags calm them down quickly... just take it off before they turn purple.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #36
Siv
Major Leagues

I am buying it, FOF was a fun game and now with OOTP helping on the interface it's going to be even better. I can wait, I am patient.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #37
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

I can understand the response. Way back when I was one of the developers working on the Football Game Wolverine Studios was going to put out. Starting a new game from the ground up takes a lot of time and planning...especially if one is doing it on their own free time where they also (usually) program professionally during the day. FOF isn't starting from the ground up but merging two code bases could be just as challenging.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #38
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by File A View Post
What a sucker you are. The rest of us will respect the process of building something from nothing. You, sucker, can put your life on hold or at a minimum moan about something that doesn’t exist. Go play mine craft or something. Boring.

Oh you and your 4 total posts really hurt my feelings fan boy.

Last edited by andyhdz; 04-25-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #39
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
if i were a parent i'd relate this to the "are we their, yet?" comments, lol. just reach back and strangle one of those living birth control advertisments you call kids.

i find plastic bags calm them down quickly... just take it off before they turn purple.
I think I should call child services
Old 04-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #40
andyhdz
All Star Starter

When they bother to come back and look for us on this group we are going to have some real Lord of Flies thing going on here.