Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Need a database expert

In recent years there has been significant updates to the data available on retrosheet and baseball reference, but Lahman has not kept up with the new data and this new data is therefore not in the OOTP DB.

If you are an expert with databases please let me know as there is new data that needs to be updated in the historical database, such as catcher SB and CS against from 1890-present. There are currently over 3000 player seasons of missing data in the game database that is available on baseball reference.

There is also other data that we could use to make historical simulations more accurate, such as updated pitcher GGO/AO (for GB% ratings), pitcher SB and CS against (for hold runner ratings), catcher SB and CS against for Catcher Arm ratings, Extra Bases Taken Percentage for Baserunning Skills ratings, and Defensive Runs Saved for improved fielding ratings.

If anyone has an offline version of the retrosheet data, or knows how to pull the retrosheet data from the files available on their site please let me know so that we can update the game with the new data to further improve the accuracy of historical simulations.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Wish i was but i hope someone can help. Any thing that can improve historical play is great.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
In recent years there has been significant updates to the data available on retrosheet and baseball reference, but Lahman OOTP has not used Lahman since OOTP 15 bbref and retrosheet and seamheads as well as others are now used has not kept up with the new data and this new data is therefore not in the OOTP DB.

If you are an expert with databases please let me know as there is new data that needs to be updated in the historical database, such as catcher SB and CS against from 1890-present. There are currently over 3000 player seasons of missing data in the game database that is available on baseball reference.

There is also other data that we could use to make historical simulations more accurate, such as updated pitcher GO/AO this is already in the database (for GB% ratings), pitcher SB and CS against (for hold runner ratings), catcher SB and CS (we have this starting in 2002) against for Catcher Arm ratings, Extra Bases Taken Percentage for Baserunning Skills ratings, and Defensive Runs Saved for improved fielding ratings.

If anyone has an offline version of the retrosheet data, or knows how to pull the retrosheet data from the files available on their site please let me know so that we can update the game with the new data to further improve the accuracy of historical simulations.
OOTP adds new types of data every year. OOTP19 is adding some new data features I think everyone will enjoy.

Last edited by Spritze; 02-09-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote