Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

Will the coaching system be fixed in OOTP 20?

The entire coaching system needs an overhaul. Assigning coaches has become possibly the most tedious, pointless task on the game yet IRL this is possibly the most important aspect of building a dynasty.

I've been playing since '12 and I love this game to death & this is my only request. Please fix the coaching stats/ratings/progression because it definitely needs more depth!

The entire system! Please!
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:31 AM   #2
ttaka808
Minors (Triple A)

The Player Development Influence and Player Relationships ratings shown on manager profiles made it much easier to find good managers and was a huge step in the right direction, but there's still no way to tell if a pitching or hitting coach is even competent. I wouldn't mind something like we got for the managers.
ttaka808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

I really hope they fix coaching. My #1 gripe about the game. Everything else is fine but the coaching system is horrible.
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Erik
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see an option where you can disable coaching for all sub-leagues, but still have it for the Major league teams. I play fictional with 3 levels of minors. I'd like to be able to employ coaches for my Major league team but not have to worry about all my minor league teams. It doesn't seem this is an option at this point. It's either all or nothing.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Completely agree that coaching needs a major overhaul. I now disable coaching entirely but it is such an important aspect of a team builder as ties so closely to player development.

FM do a simple but good job of coaching which should be fairly easy to replicate. I feel OOTP is missing a trick here.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

A lot of things need work, but sadly the resources will go into PT because it makes money. Suckers are born everyday. After all these years, I believe 20 is my last go around with OOTP.
NotMuchTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah Caoches need improving... To much click and exit, then not possible to see who sre the gold and bad HC / PC...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:12 AM   #8
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I personally don't really mess with my minor league coaches as the system is terrible but i do wish that when i set my minor league personnel to be handled by the Asst GM that they don't simply resign everyone.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #9
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaka808 View Post
The Player Development Influence and Player Relationships ratings shown on manager profiles made it much easier to find good managers and was a huge step in the right direction.
If you could just see this in the table view of available coaches I would be SOOOOOO happy. It would make an hour of offseason work take 2 minutes.

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #10
rink23
Hall Of Famer

The hiring of hitting and pitching coaches are my biggest gripes.
I spend waaaay to much times trying to find guys to hire when they seem to have little to no affect.
Baserunning is my only other real issue.

Way too many fast runners only advance to third on hits to the outfielder where the player possesses an average or below average arm.
Makes the game station--to-station when you have singles hitters.
Also base stealing is an issue. Had a guy with high ratings as a runner and basestealer, he averaged about 40 steals a season before I started playing, I could not get him to attempt more than 10 in a season where he had 350 at bats.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote