Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Historical Random Debut Test Sim 1901-1940 (with 1984 stats output and strategy settings)

Ran a 40-year historical random debut test sim with OOTP19. I used 19.0.37, and didn't patch it up until I was done the test sim. I ran it from 1901 through 1940 with the MLB setup of the time (8 teams in the AL, 8 teams in the NL). I used 162-game seasons for all 40 seasons. I used 1984 stats output, and strategy settings, and allowed financials to advance historically as they would. I also used neutralized park factors and a neutralized (i.e. warm, no rain, no wind) weather.txt file. I'll first post the league-wide (i.e. MLB) numbers with the RL 1984 stats output in parentheses.

AVG: .263725 (.260)
OBP: .32515 (.323)
SLG: .3884875 (.385)
OPS: .7136375 (.708)
ERA: 3.893125 (3.81)
R/G: 4.349 (4.26)
2B/AB: .0443 (.043)
3B/AB: .007025 (.007)
HR/AB: .0223 (.023)
BB/PA: .082925 (.083)
K/AB: .1516 (.156)
SB%: 66.788% (66.74%)
FLD%: .978825 (.978)
BABIP: .289125 (.289)

Up next...Leaderboards, both single season and career.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Up first batting stats (in order)...Single season AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS, R:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-13-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Next...Single season H, TB, 2B, 3B, HR:
Attached Images
Old 04-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Gene DeMontreville had 244 hits and didn’t hit .361? Never heard of him, now you have me going down the research rabbit hole. Stats look believable, are you satisfied with your league?

Last edited by JaBurns; 04-13-2018 at 06:45 PM.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Next...Single season RBI, SB, BB, K, WAR:
Attached Images
Old 04-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Gene DeMontreville had 244 hits and didn’t hit .361? Never heard of him, now yoyhave me going down the research rabbit hole. Stats look believable, are you satisfied with your league?
He hit .359/.384/.460/.844 while leading the league in PA (728), AB (680), R (116), H (244), SB (64), and AVG (.359). In the overall, yes I'm happy with my league. I consider 1901-1911 to be a bit messy stats wise due to my messing around with injury settings and use pre-defined draft value for AI. Once I got that sorted out, things started to stabilize, but it was the Wild West until then (as you'll see in the WAR leaders...Note how many top ones are from 1901-1911 compared with 1912-1940...It was a bit nuts).
Old 04-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

1896-1897 Gene DeMontreville hit .343 & .341 (lifetime .303) - so those numbers aren't out of line by any means!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #8
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I am halfway through 1909 ML stats are starting to level out, now have 3 AAA leagues were the stats are a little hot but believable; all leagues using 1976 stats. Throughly enjoying myself in this setup but want to run ~10 more years to get my off season routine down to a science. Also want to to wait for a couple of more patches.
Was thinking today that it has taken me 28 days to run 8 years but I run a week at time then sometimes get bogged down checking little things. Often go off sideways at times but enjoy the ride; I don’t want to rush, miss something that will haunt me when I go to my long term attempt at HRD.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #9
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
1896-1897 Gene DeMontreville hit .343 & .341 (lifetime .303) - so those numbers aren't out of line by any means!
I wasn’t questioning the stats, I just had never heard of Montreville. When I see a name I don’t recognize I first check his player profile to make sure he isn’t fictional then usually got over to baseball reference to see if there are any interesting facts on the player. Now am going to have wait for him to come into my league.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #10
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wasn’t questioning the stats, I just had never heard of Montreville. When I see a name I don’t recognize I first check his player profile to make sure he isn’t fictional then usually got over to baseball reference to see if there are any interesting facts on the player. Now am going to have wait for him to come into my league.
wasn't trying to show you up or anything. i thought he was a much later player - from the early 20's ... memory is going bad in old age - ... so when i looked him up and found out how wrong my memory really was, i figured i'd just post what i found in case anyone else was wondering about when he played and some of his numbers. It's a great game that allows us reasons/opportunities to investigate these great old timers!!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #11
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I appreciate the input now I know who DeMontreville is, I learn all sorts of things from my leagues and these forums. Like I have mentioned before, I really should get a life.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #12
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Not sure if I should post this here but this is a season for the ages, take a look at San Diego.When I saw the HR stats climbing early I thought the was a problem with the park. Checked and they are playing at PETCO.

Name:  77test1_1909-09-28_07-59-45.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  291.8 KB
Old 04-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #13
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Is there a way to import into the draft NLers such that they have some potential? I was able to import 2 players today, Josh Gibson and James Thomas Bell, after only an hour of trying; this is new record for me, also with only a minimum of profanity. Problem I have is they both only rated at 1/2 star, which is fine they are rookies, but potential is only 1 star.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #14
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
Interestingly enough DeMontreville wound up hitting .304/.333/.389/.722 for his career, which is pretty damn close to his RL .303/.339/.373/.711 slash line. Oh OOTP, sometimes you amaze me.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #15
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a way to import into the draft NLers such that they have some potential? I was able to import 2 players today, Josh Gibson and James Thomas Bell, after only an hour of trying; this is new record for me, also with only a minimum of profanity. Problem I have is they both only rated at 1/2 star, which is fine they are rookies, but potential is only 1 star.
Two words: Spritze database. Much better than MiLB database for Negro Leaguers.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #16
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure if I should post this here but this is a season for the ages, take a look at San Diego.When I saw the HR stats climbing early I thought the was a problem with the park. Checked and they are playing at PETCO.

Attachment 549700
Those HR numbers are absolutely insane! What the heck happened? Did you have stats tied to a particular year? Actually you must have because you're in 1909. Aye caramba!

EDIT: Something is definitely off? What are your injury settings? I ask because position players are DOMINANT in these numbers. So I'm wondering if the DL was a trail of dead pitching arms.

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-14-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #17
JaBurns
All Star Starter

All the same settings for all 3 of my AAA leagues. I make sure they all start on 15 April so on 14 April I go in and put 1976 into my league totals in all three leagues. Major League starts on different day but the routine the day before is the same...The other two AAA leagues look much closer to normal. The Western League has always been a hitters league for some reason. The Eastern and Central Leagues (I am very creative in my league names) appear normal but MLB is still lagging in power stats. I am going into the next year sometime tomorrow, will do the settings the same way, to see what happens......The increase in power caught me by surprise last year the home run leader had 58 I think...ML was ~25, EL~40, CL~35.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #18
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Two words: Spritze database. Much better than MiLB database for Negro Leaguers.
Not sure what you are trying to tell me, which database should I use? The Spritze HS database? Which folder do I copy it over from 18 into?
Old 04-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #19
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All the same settings for all 3 of my AAA leagues. I make sure they all start on 15 April so on 14 April I go in and put 1976 into my league totals in all three leagues. Major League starts on different day but the routine the day before is the same...The other two AAA leagues look much closer to normal. The Western League has always been a hitters league for some reason. The Eastern and Central Leagues (I am very creative in my league names) appear normal but MLB is still lagging in power stats. I am going into the next year sometime tomorrow, will do the settings the same way, to see what happens......The increase in power caught me by surprise last year the home run leader had 58 I think...ML was ~25, EL~40, CL~35.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Western League would be played at higher elevations, so ballpark factors may be mixing in here. I neutralize all ballpark factors in my league. Not the greatest solution, but as Garlon once told me - the stats have already been affected by ballpark factors once, why do you want to affect them again?
Old 04-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #20
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to tell me, which database should I use? The Spritze HS database? Which folder do I copy it over from 18 into?
If you had it in 18, you will want to copy the entire folder over into 19's stats folder. The master.csv file will come in handy as well, but there isn't one included. I have the master.csv file from the most recent Spritze that one was included with. If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you an e-mail with it attached. Of course it won't have the most recent additions, but it will have ID numbers and debut dates for the back in the day guys, which you'll need in order to import players into your game. Just be careful about how many superstar Negro Leaguers you bring in though. Too many could affect the balance in your game. I use a random number generator to pick mine, so some are superstars, and some are...most definitely not.