Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #41
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

It used to be like that in Russia too. Remember Malkin?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #42
Macca
Bat Boy

thanks for that i do hope they will as if we can not trade the players you have to blow large part of the years budget to gas a player you no longer want
Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #43
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca View Post
thanks for that i do hope they will as if we can not trade the players you have to blow large part of the years budget to gas a player you no longer want
Absolutely. It's pretty much make or break for the UK leagues (considering all teams other than perhaps the likes of Notts / Sheff / Belfast have no money for buying out contracts or offering transfer fees - not that either of these systems are used in real life in the UK).
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

BTW on everyone of my saves Steelers Captain and Alternative are Stephenson (C), Sarich (A) & Legue (A)... When its actually Phillips (C), Sarich (A) & Meyers (A).
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #45
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusbybriddon View Post
BTW on everyone of my saves Steelers Captain and Alternative are Stephenson (C), Sarich (A) & Legue (A)... When its actually Phillips (C), Sarich (A) & Meyers (A).
We haven't set the Leadership attributes yet. In terms of the overall Mental TA rating, all of the players you mentioned are at the top of Sheffield's roster.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #46
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ladislav Benysek shows as Benywek when looked at on some intefaces.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #47
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ladislav Benysek shows as Benywek when looked at on some intefaces.
Presumably this is due to the accents over his name ('Benýšek'). This is an issue with the game's user interface rather than a beta data issue. I think the devs are already aware of this.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #48
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Presumably this is due to the accents over his name ('Benýšek'). This is an issue with the game's user interface rather than a beta data issue. I think the devs are already aware of this.
Yes they are aware of this. I think Jeff even said that they're going to address this issue in near future.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #49
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Just for clarity and to avoid any further reports: I've reported the incorrect format for the quarter finals of the EIHL playoffs (in game it is currently a best of 3 series). Having taken a closer look, I've found quite a number of issues:

1) Qualification is incorrect (it should be the top 8 of the overall league standings).
2) Quarter final seedings are incorrect.
3) Quarter final format is incorrect (it should be a 2 game series with the scores aggregated. Also, the games should take place on the Sat and Sun after the end of the regular season).
4) Semi final seedings are incorrect.
5) The semis and final are taking place on the wrong dates (they should be on the Sat and Sun after the quarters).
6) The match reports for the semis and final note the Location as being the city of the "home" team. This should be listed as Nottingham because the games take place at the NIC.

Three notes about the EIHL standings and playoffs:

A) I haven't explained the full playoff structure to the devs because I think it is far too ambitious to expect it to be implemented into the game (I have quoted the full rules below). My recommendation is a little simpler in that we just take the top 8 from the league standings. I think this is close enough for the time being.

Quote:
The Rapid Solicitors Elite League champions will be seeded number one for the play-offs, while the second seed will be the winner of the Conference that does not produce the league winner.

The remaining six play-off spots will be taken in order from the final Elite League table.

In the unlikely event of the league title winner not winning their Conference, the order will be as follows.

The number one seed will still be the Elite League winners with the two Conference winners taking seeds two and three (higher rank determined by their league position).

Seeds four to eight will then be determined by the Elite League table.
B) The conference standings in game are incorrect, but I can't imagine the devs having the time to spare on something that is probably unique to the EIHL. You will see in game that the conference standings are based on the full 52 games whereas in real life they're based solely on the intra-conference games. So I haven't logged this as a suggestion (I will when I find a spare 5 minutes - but as the lowest priority).

C) I have mentioned to the devs that there is now a 3rd/4th place playoff on the same day as the playoff final. I can't imagine this being something added to the game any time soon. As with (B) above, this is something unique to the EIHL. On a personal note, I'm really glad the league has added this game to the schedule. Although the teams have nothing to play for, it is really difficult to find something to kill time in Nottingham until the evening final game (there's little to do in Nottingham on a Sunday)!!!

================================================== =============================

One final thing: I've reported the fact that the EPIHL doesn't have any playoffs in game. I thought perhaps this had been because I hadn't posted details of the structure for the devs. However on checking, I can see I did this last year. So I've reported it as a bug.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #50
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Just for clarity and to avoid any further reports: I've reported the incorrect format for the quarter finals of the EIHL playoffs (in game it is currently a best of 3 series). Having taken a closer look, I've found quite a number of issues:

1) Qualification is incorrect (it should be the top 8 of the overall league standings).
2) Quarter final seedings are incorrect.
3) Quarter final format is incorrect (it should be a 2 game series with the scores aggregated. Also, the games should take place on the Sat and Sun after the end of the regular season).
4) Semi final seedings are incorrect.
5) The semis and final are taking place on the wrong dates (they should be on the Sat and Sun after the quarters).
6) The match reports for the semis and final note the Location as being the city of the "home" team. This should be listed as Nottingham because the games take place at the NIC.

Three notes about the EIHL standings and playoffs:

A) I haven't explained the full playoff structure to the devs because I think it is far too ambitious to expect it to be implemented into the game (I have quoted the full rules below). My recommendation is a little simpler in that we just take the top 8 from the league standings. I think this is close enough for the time being.

B) The conference standings in game are incorrect, but I can't imagine the devs having the time to spare on something that is probably unique to the EIHL. You will see in game that the conference standings are based on the full 52 games whereas in real life they're based solely on the intra-conference games. So I haven't logged this as a suggestion (I will when I find a spare 5 minutes - but as the lowest priority).

C) I have mentioned to the devs that there is now a 3rd/4th place playoff on the same day as the playoff final. I can't imagine this being something added to the game any time soon. As with (B) above, this is something unique to the EIHL. On a personal note, I'm really glad the league has added this game to the schedule. Although the teams have nothing to play for, it is really difficult to find something to kill time in Nottingham until the evening final game (there's little to do in Nottingham on a Sunday)!!!

================================================== =============================

One final thing: I've reported the fact that the EPIHL doesn't have any playoffs in game. I thought perhaps this had been because I hadn't posted details of the structure for the devs. However on checking, I can see I did this last year. So I've reported it as a bug.
I don't think they're that hard to understand the playoffs. Top two teams in each conference are the top 2 seeds and basically 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 & 4v5. Also will the Challenge Cup be implemented?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also for my EIHL the Goals Against section on my stats centre has nothing on it... All the players are at 0. This is the same with fights won. Also the faceoffs won doesn't make sense. Krestanovic is top with 144 but then in second is Fergy with 222??? Now i'm guessing this is the total amount of faceoffs hes had but still...
Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #52
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't think they're that hard to understand the playoffs. Top two teams in each conference are the top 2 seeds and basically 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 & 4v5. Also will the Challenge Cup be implemented?
No, that's incorrect. It's not the top teams from each conference. It is the team that finishes top of the EIHL (i.e. the overall standings) that gets the first seed. The second seed is the top team from the conference that doesn't produce the EIHL champion. But things are different if the champion doesn't win the conference (as happened this year with Nottingham winning the championship but finishing 2nd in their conference).

The conference standings in game are based on the full 52 games. Whereas in real life the conference standings are based solely on the 32 intra-conference games. So the positions of the teams may be different in the overall standings compared with the conference standings. Take for example this present season - Nottingham came top of the overall standings (and therefore won the league championship) whereas Belfast won the Erhardt Conference. Likewise, Edinburgh finished highest in the overall standings of the Gardiner teams, but in fact finished bottom in the Gardiner conference. Braehead won the Gardiner conference but only came 8th in the overall standings. As I mentioned, FHM doesn't reflect this at present and so there's no point implementing the exact seeding system unless and until the correct conference standings can be calculated in game.

Like you say, it's not difficult to understand. But as I said in my previous post, I think it is far too ambitious to expect it to be implemented into the game right now and it is dependent on the correct conference standings being implemented first (which is based on intra-conference games only).

Jeff mentioned this big issue in the status update earlier this week:

Quote:
In less encouraging news, we're starting to run into the exact problem we were hoping to avoid: making little hardcoded fixes to account for oddities and exceptions in the way rules (both on and off ice) work in individual leagues. That's driving us away from the modular approach we wanted to take, where customization is easy because the rules can be swapped in and out for a given league and will behave in a uniform way. And there's a stability cost as well: a lot of the frequent crashing you saw in the first couple of weeks post-release was attributable to quick-and-dirty fixes that accomplished one thing, but led to situations where something else broke in a very bad way.
This is another reason why I haven't mentioned the seeding rule to them. Although it is straightforward to understand, it will require time to code (and with every new rule, there are the abovementioned stability issues). There are many other things that need to be fixed first. From a UK perspective, and in my view, the priority is to fix the six issues I mentioned in my previous post re the EIHL playoffs, adding the EPL playoffs, the 2 week notice system and perhaps also the import rule (and I have logged requests for all of these things).

As for the Challenge Cup / EPL Cup / the various NIHL cups - no these won't be in the first version.

Quote:
Also for my EIHL the Goals Against section on my stats centre has nothing on it... All the players are at 0. This is the same with fights won. Also the faceoffs won doesn't make sense. Krestanovic is top with 144 but then in second is Fergy with 222??? Now i'm guessing this is the total amount of faceoffs hes had but still...
This is an issue with the game's user interface / functioning / bugs rather than a beta data issue. You need to report this in the Bug Reports Forum. This thread is for UK data issues, etc.

Last edited by archibalduk; 03-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #53
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
No, that's incorrect. It's not the top teams from each conference. It is the team that finishes top of the EIHL (i.e. the overall standings) that gets the first seed. The second seed is the top team from the conference that doesn't produce the EIHL champion. But things are different if the champion doesn't win the conference (as happened this year with Nottingham winning the championship but finishing 2nd in their conference).

The conference standings in game are based on the full 52 games. Whereas in real life the conference standings are based solely on the 32 intra-conference games. So the positions of the teams may be different in the overall standings compared with the conference standings. Take for example this present season - Nottingham came top of the overall standings (and therefore won the league championship) whereas Belfast won the Erhardt Conference. Likewise, Edinburgh finished highest in the overall standings of the Gardiner teams, but in fact finished bottom in the Gardiner conference. Braehead won the Gardiner conference but only came 8th in the overall standings. As I mentioned, FHM doesn't reflect this at present and so there's no point implementing the exact seeding system unless and until the correct conference standings can be calculated in game.

Like you say, it's not difficult to understand. But as I said in my previous post, I think it is far too ambitious to expect it to be implemented into the game right now and it is dependent on the correct conference standings being implemented first (which is based on intra-conference games only).

Jeff mentioned this big issue in the status update earlier this week:

This is another reason why I haven't mentioned the seeding rule to them. Although it is straightforward to understand, it will require time to code (and with every new rule, there are the abovementioned stability issues). There are many other things that need to be fixed first. From a UK perspective, and in my view, the priority is to fix the six issues I mentioned in my previous post re the EIHL playoffs, adding the EPL playoffs, the 2 week notice system and perhaps also the import rule (and I have logged requests for all of these things).

As for the Challenge Cup / EPL Cup / the various NIHL cups - no these won't be in the first version.

This is an issue with the game's user interface / functioning / bugs rather than a beta data issue. You need to report this in the Bug Reports Forum. This thread is for UK data issues, etc.
Wheres Simmsey when we need him???
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #54
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Wheres Simmsey when we need him???
Ha! Who doesn't love Simmsey!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #55
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just noticed, on the game the teams are playing on Christmas eve & day. This does not happen IRL
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #56
Garethw87

Quote:
Ha! Who doesn't love Simmsey!
He's an absolute goon! and so biased on the Elite league show it's unreal!! They should bring back that Woolhouse girl. She didn't have a clue but atleast she was better to look it

Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #57
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
He's an absolute goon! and so biased on the Elite league show it's unreal!! They should bring back that Woolhouse girl. She didn't have a clue but atleast she was better to look it
Big mistake I made once was asking Geoff Woolhouse if he was married too her, made myself look a right idiot. Thing is when he does the show and Russ Cowley is on it, it's just boring... Should have Olson and Hand hosting it.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #58
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Since the new database update on the 27th my logos have vanished and there is a new Steelers player called: Jeffrey Snyder. I've never heard of him I don't think hes a Steeldogs player. Also are there retired numbers on this game? Also Tylor Michel's nationality has being changed to English when hes not.

Last edited by thebusbybriddon; 03-29-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #59
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Since the new database update on the 27th my logos have vanished
Perhaps the DB update overwrote the logos. Alternatively, did you delete your old majors.quick folder before you installed the new DB update? Check your <<My Documents>>\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick\graphics\ folder. If the logos aren't there you'll need to add them again.

Quote:
there is a new Steelers player called: Jeffrey Snyder. I've never heard of him I don't think hes a Steeldogs player.
He's a player the game will have created upon start up (a good way of checking is to look at his jersey number to see if it is zero. IIRC very few players in the UK leagues in the DB have a jersey number of 0.). The game adds "fictional" players at start up if a team's roster is too small. I have found that perhaps the game is a bit too generous with creating these players - perhaps because it is more the norm in the UK to have smaller rosters.

Quote:
Also are there retired numbers on this game?
No, there's no facility for this at the moment.

Quote:
Also Tylor Michel's nationality has being changed to English when hes not.
Thanks! I've fixed this. His birth city was wrong too (Sudbury, England rather than Sudbury, ON). Not sure what I did there!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #60
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just noticed, on the game the teams are playing on Christmas eve & day. This does not happen IRL
I'll check this out. I seem to remember thinking that the EPL schedule didn't look correct either.

The EIHL and EPL schedules should be almost identical to the real life 2012/13 schedules. The only variance is the early part of the season because I had to take out some of the split league/Challenge Cup games as the CC isn't in game (and this meant I had to modify the schedule a little in order to get the correct number of games for each team).

Whilst I remember it, the NIHL-1 schedules won't reflect real life. The first half of the season almost exclusively consists of cup games. As these aren't in the game, I've had to stretch out the league fixtures and also rearrange things so that there aren't any clashes with EPL/EIHL games (as some teams share arenas).