Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
r7carlson24
Bat Boy

Game crashing when loading saved game

I'm about 16 or 17 seasons into my game and I'm currently in the off-season. I believe it's late August or early September. I went to load my saved game this morning and it keeps crashing at the "Loading Leagues" phase. It will get to 38% and then go into "Not Responding" before closing shortly after.

I tried logging out of Steam and shutting down and restarting, but the issue remains.
r7carlson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
r7carlson24
Bat Boy

I found the crash troubleshooting instructions and have uploaded a file. Hopefully I did it correctly. It's RCarlson.lg
Old 08-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Crashing for me as well. The leagues.dat file is suspiciously small, so I suspect something may be corrupted there. The quickest fix would be reverting to the previous backup save - if you open the rs_one or rs_two folder (whichever one has files with the most recent timestamp), then copy all the files there into the main folder of the save (overwriting the existing ones), that should restore it to a working but slightly older version of the save before the problem happened - if not, try the other folder as well.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
r7carlson24
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Crashing for me as well. The leagues.dat file is suspiciously small, so I suspect something may be corrupted there. The quickest fix would be reverting to the previous backup save - if you open the rs_one or rs_two folder (whichever one has files with the most recent timestamp), then copy all the files there into the main folder of the save (overwriting the existing ones), that should restore it to a working but slightly older version of the save before the problem happened - if not, try the other folder as well.
That appears to have fixed it. Thanks for the help!