Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
bogert53
Bat Boy

Historical Replay Complete Novice

I'm looking at OOTP so I can play a good baseball game on my Mac. I have no interest in salaries, minor league, trading, etc - looking for something I can do a straight replay, manage one team, etc.

Is there a post - or some kind of instructions - that gives the info needed to shut off all the GM variables and turn the game into a simple historical replay machine?

Pardon if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything by searching the forums.
bogert53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

When you start a game one of the first things it will ask you is do you want to play as manager, GM, or both. If playing historical it will ask if you want real transaction or not (ie. Your GM can draft a team, make trades, etc.. you can turn off finances (or let your GM or asst GM worry about finances, etc..). You can customize about anyway you want. I have tried many computer baseball games and I like this one the most of any game out there. Playing historical all past seasons are included which is a bib, big plus.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
bogert53
Bat Boy

Thanks for that info. Is that something I have to do for each game, or can I set up a season replay with those parameters?
Old 07-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Reed
All Star Starter

That is something you can just set once in your league, or you can change it later on if you like.
If you do get the game, and I recommend it to anyone that likes computer baseball, set up some practice league to start off. I think some people want to start with a “perfect” setup and spend a lot of time setting it up and then get discouraged if something happens that they did not plan on. But after playing around some, you will be amazed by the options and decide on playing a way you never considered.
Also look through the forum and if you need help and see how active it is. There are several on this site that will try to help you if you have question. There is a section just covering historical play also.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #5
bogert53
Bat Boy

Thanks. That’s helpful.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
tdjenks
Bat Boy

Historical replay

I know you can play the 1975 season or any other year, but can you create a custom league like...

1975 Reds
1978 Dodgers
1983 Pirates
1988 Dodgers

Make a league of the greatest teams.

Let me know if creating a league like this is possible.

Thank you.
tdjenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #7
Reed
All Star Starter

You can have a tournament of greatest teams (up to 64 teams?) and I know you can select a team from a year to play a series with a team from another year but I do not think you can create a “league” of greatest teams.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
bogert53
Bat Boy

Appreciate both the question and the answer. That's something I would probably want a game to do.