Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Stealcompany
Minors (Triple A)

You can look it up - the OOTP record book

On another thread the subject of the OOTP Record book came up and I thought i'd start a list of things that I'd like to see added to the record book eventually. Overall i'd like to see more team related stats/events captured so I could see the following

longest extra inning game
most runs scored in a game
most runs scored against
longest winning streak
longest losing streak
most hits for in a game
most hits against in a game
most home runs in a game
most home runs against in a game
etc.

This isn't an exhaustive list but I hope it gives a flavour of what I think would be interesting. The ability to get down to events in a particular inning would be fun to have as well.

I have no idea what this means in terms of the work required to get this information but the game is already generating box scores for games played.
Stealcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealcompany View Post
On another thread the subject of the OOTP Record book came up and I thought i'd start a list of things that I'd like to see added to the record book eventually. Overall i'd like to see more team related stats/events captured so I could see the following

most runs scored against
longest winning streak
longest losing streak
most hits for in a game
most home runs in a game
etc.

This isn't an exhaustive list but I hope it gives a flavour of what I think would be interesting. The ability to get down to events in a particular inning would be fun to have as well.

I have no idea what this means in terms of the work required to get this information but the game is already generating box scores for games played.
I absolutely agree - this is something that's been missing so far ... I'd also like to see a breakdown home/away of the mentioned categories
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:46 AM   #3
mm7607
All Star Reserve

I would really love to be able to list 1 hitters.

But team records really need some work.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #4
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

I would love to see the number of times a player has won the batting title, HR title, SB title, Strikeout title, etc...

For Example:

HR Titles

# Titles Player
8 Babe Ruth
7 Mickey Mantle
7 Hank Aaron
6 Mike Schmidt

I would also like to see a leaderboard for the number of times players have accomplished 30-30 feats, 40-40 feats.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #5
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:

most runs scored against
longest winning streak
longest losing streak
most hits for in a game
most home runs in a game
etc.

I just LOVE this idea! This would be a great thing to have.

Last edited by Mr. Marlin; 03-11-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: iphone spelling mistakes!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #6
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Somewhat surprisingly for a text based sim OOTP is quite weak in the record keeping department,the history section has hardly changed in years,this is an area where the game should genuinely be out of the park.Instead it seems much time and resources is directed towards dodgy graphics featuring weird looking skittles.
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

glad to finally see more and more people wanting more details like this
Long story wont get into it
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
exoromeo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

most runs scored against
longest winning streak
longest losing streak
most hits for in a game
most home runs in a game
etc.

Adding to this, Team vs. Team records for seasons as well as lifetime. So I can go back and see that New York, for example, has a lifetime record of 187-52 against say St. Louis.
exoromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #9
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to add largest comebacks to the list.
BradG223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #10
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektranaut View Post
Somewhat surprisingly for a text based sim OOTP is quite weak in the record keeping department,the history section has hardly changed in years,this is an area where the game should genuinely be out of the park.Instead it seems much time and resources is directed towards dodgy graphics featuring weird looking skittles.
I have to totally agree with this - not saying the graphical updates are wrong to have, but they could do some serious upgrading to the records/history area of the game. Why do we not have some equivalent of Baseball Reference but in-game for our fictional leagues?
Old 03-12-2017, 05:57 AM   #11
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I haven't seen anyone beat Murphey14's 30-inning game, so we have one entry there.

Similarly, I doubt anyone will ever hit 9-for-9 in a "serious" league, so the nine-inning record is 8-for-8.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:33 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Unfortunately this kind of stuff is indeed a lot of work. It is on our to-do list, but won't make it into the initial OOTP 18 release.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #13
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately this kind of stuff is indeed a lot of work. It is on our to-do list, but won't make it into the initial OOTP 18 release.
I can't imagine a page showing most MVP's won, Cy Youngs, HR titles, Batting titles etc, would take that much work.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #14
hfield007
All Star Starter

year by year leaders in each category, PLEASE ALREADY
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #15
Stealcompany
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the response Marcus.
Glad to know it's on the to do list for a future version. Even without this stuff the game is still well worth the money - which is why I pre-ordered it. Thanks for continuing to make a consistently enjoyable product.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #16
Stealcompany
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcus Heinsohn
Thanks for the response Marcus. Glad to know it's on the to-do list for a future version. Thanks for continuing to make a fun and immersive product. Counting the days until the pre-orders go out!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #17
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Adding division titles to this list. Or pennants. I can get where tracking player data can be difficult, but TEAM accomplishments? It's already as a news token
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #18
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

One thing that I've found lacking is that I'd love to go back and look at the results of all prior drafts. I can look at the picks for individual teams, but not as a whole for a particular year.

Another idea would be searchable All star teams (you can look at a particular year and see its all star team). Actually, it'd be great to just make years searchable. You can click on a year and see who won each statistical category, awards, etc.
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #19
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoromeo View Post
Adding to this, Team vs. Team records for seasons as well as lifetime. So I can go back and see that New York, for example, has a lifetime record of 187-52 against say St. Louis.
This.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #20
slic1149
Major Leagues

Since you generally seem to focus on specific areas of the game when releasing each new edition, might I suggest that you focus on creating the most extensive and accurate statistical history in sports simulations. I think most of us have a little stat geek in us, and the ability to analyze history is a large part of the game whether one is playing fictional or historical. It might not be sexy, but spending some time expanding historical stat bookkeeping would be appreciated by many of us.