Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
ThePreyingManta
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Major League Simulation Baseball Opening

Major League Simulation Baseball started in 2015 with active rosters, and we are currently finishing our ninth season and are about to enter the 2024 off-season. We sim every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. We recently moved to StatsPlus, and you can view our page at https://statsplus.net/mlsb/. You can also view our brand new forums at https://statsplus.net/mlsb/forum/index.php.

We currently have six openings: the Colorado Rockies, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodges, New York Mets, Oakland Athletics, and Philadelphia Phillies. The Rockies (93-69, #11 farm system) have won four World Series titles over the past seven seasons and still have a very talented roster with the top scoring offense and best run differential of 2023. The Angels (88-74, #13 farm system) scored the third most runs in the AL in 2023 and almost reached the playoffs for the second consecutive season. They are a very solid and well built team. The Dodgers (68-94, #19 farm system) are coming off of their fourth straight season of missing the playoffs. They are an old team that is in need of a rebuild. The Mets (97-65, #27 farm system) are currently in the NLCS after leading the NL in home runs and ERA. This is a team built on tons of power. However, they completely emptied their farm system over the past season. The A's (92-70, #25 farm system) won the weak AL West en route to their fourth consecutive division crown. They were second in the AL in ERA and had the best bullpen. They are, however, an older team that could be declining soon. The Phillies (81-81, #12 farm system) have been very unlucky as of late, as one of the top teams in the league devolved into a .500 ballclub due to unexpected declines and injuries. They are still a good team but will need some retooling to reach the postseason again.

We have some unique rules regarding contract extensions that can be seen on our website. MLSB communicates through our forums and through Slack. If you are interested in joining our league, please PM or email me at mangham1075@gmail.com.
ThePreyingManta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Crash Davis
Bat Boy

Joining

I would like to join. E-mail sent
Crash Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
ThePreyingManta
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Angels and Rockies taken
Old 12-31-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
Nimrod2199
Minors (Double A)

Can't recommend this league at this time. It's unfortunate lots of good GMs there at the moment but a cloud of suspicion hangs over the commish for cheating. Hopefully this gets ironed out and this league will have potential.
Nimrod2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #5
handaspencer
Bat Boy

The previous post was from a team that’s leaving and leaving teams always have a a story. Once you join league you will find the allegations are not true. Very good league with tons of potential.
handaspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:34 PM   #6
Nimrod2199
Minors (Double A)

Yeah I won the world series last year and had a dynasty in the making. I sure wanted to leave that....

Last edited by Nimrod2199; 12-31-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Nimrod2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #7
ThePreyingManta
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dodgers and A's also taken. There was an investigation into cheating that determined that no cheating was taking place. The previous post was made by a member who failed to see all of the evidence and is convinced that he is right for whatever reason.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #8
samthesnake
Bat Boy

Thumbs up for MLSB

I am in my fifth season as Yankees GM and am extremely happy. We just switched to stats plus and it seems the GM pool gets stronger every day. Would highly recommend, I could not recommend enough.
samthesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #9
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod2199 View Post
Can't recommend this league at this time. It's unfortunate lots of good GMs there at the moment but a cloud of suspicion hangs over the commish for cheating. Hopefully this gets ironed out and this league will have potential.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=274728
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:40 PM   #10
GoldenKnight
Bat Boy

If you like drama this league is for you. If you like being trolled this league is for you. 7 GMs left in one day after this fiasco save yourself the headache and stay away. Lots of well run leagues out there, this league is not one of them!
GoldenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #11
ThePreyingManta
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This league never had any drama until you and your "brother" joined. There should be no more now that the two of you are gone. Leave us alone and enjoy your 15 other leagues.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #12
TheOldBay
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suspicion over the league and tons of drama. If you like bickering, petty controversy and suspicious commishes reccomend. Otherwise, save yourself the time
TheOldBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #13
TheOldBay
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreyingManta View Post
This league never had any drama until you and your "brother" joined. There should be no more now that the two of you are gone. Leave us alone and enjoy your 15 other leagues.
The man has a brother, Been in leagues with the both of them and there was no controversy or alleged cheating whatsoever. As a potential GM, I'm inclined to take the side off a guy ive been in several leagues with and had no issue with over you, who I've already seen drama, controversy, and alleged cheating just from a thread
TheOldBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:06 AM   #14
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I would lean the other way, but who knows?
Old 01-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #15
LegendaryGM101
Bat Boy

First and Foremost, MLSB would a great fit for anyone looking for a fantastic online league. We have maintained a core of intelligent, competitive and active GMs for many years. All we need is a couple more GMs to fill out league and we will be good to go.

As for the allegations and derogatory comments made above, these must be taken with a large grain of salt at best. For someone to start a smear campaign and trash something on their way out should raise many red flags. Doing so reveals a sign of immaturity, calls into question their character and makes you weary of any malicious ulterior motives by the individual(s).This is especially true when there is a gross lack of proper evidence to support their claims. I can assure the league would be no more if any of this was true.

It is accurate that MLSB did have a lot of turnover this offseason and we lost 7 GMs. However, it was certainly not all in one day and was mostly due to people getting too busy with real life responsibilities. Furthermore, we have already filled 5 of the 7 spots which is a signal of how strong the league is.

For anybody looking to join that has questions or concerns, I suggest you talk to people already in the league. I am sure the 23 people that stayed will tell you how much fun it is and would be a blast for any avid OOTP user. Again, all we need is 2 more dedicated GMs to come aboard and we will better than ever!

Last edited by LegendaryGM101; 01-02-2018 at 06:59 PM.
LegendaryGM101 is offline   Reply With Quote