Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Justice League Baseball 2 :: The Most Realistic Online SIM League

Justice League Baseball was formed with one goal: To provide the most realistic online baseball league in existence. We are dedicated to creating a realistic and continually evolving league in addition to a fully immersive General Manager experience on our forums.

...and now we're BACK!

Justice League Baseball 2 is a 2016 Major League, using current rosters and real-life CBA rules inside of OOTP 17. We stress REALISM. This is not an Arcade-Style league. GMs who are crazy fond of flipping their rosters every 4 in-game weeks & crazy, unrealistic trades will not be tolerated.

Financials have been fixed so money is flowing around like crazy. We've completely overhauled the game and the rules to try and re-create the real experience of being a General Manager in the Major Leagues.

We have three Commissioners to keep the league running smoothly, but the majority of the league-altering decisions will be made by the GM’s, so participation is a key (and rewarded)!

Additional features of the JLB include:
  • GM Firings ON (to keep teams competitive)
  • Scouting, Development & Coaches ON
  • A Collective Bargaining Agreement to govern rule changes and ensure that you help to shape the future of your league!
  • A reward system for participation on the forums, allowing you to "upgrade" your cash flow, edit your stadium, and more!
  • A Competitive Balance Lottery to grant extra draft picks to eligible teams.
  • A league SLACK chat, ensuring a unified league atmosphere and encouraging good conversation between fellow GM's.
  • Active and dedicated commissioners who will be available nearly 24 hours a day.
  • A Trade Committee to protect the integrity of the league, its mission for REALISM and its individual franchises.
  • SIM Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 7-day SIMs
None of this can happen without the consistent and dedicated support of our GM's! You run the teams, you are the lifeblood of any league. We want to see this dream achieved, but we need you to help us.

We are looking for GMs for the following team:
  • Boston Red Sox
  • Seattle Mariners
If you are interested in joining our league, please fill out the following questionnaire in the replies:
  1. What is your preferred team?
  2. Why do you want to play using this team?
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?

Remember that we are striving for REALISM. We're looking to people who can genuinely contribute to our league. THIS IS NOT AN ARCADE-STYLE LEAGUE where teams are making dozens of trades in one swoop. Please put some thought into your answers because we're looking for the perfect fit.

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or interest in the league, please contact the commissioner, Adam Splants! (see details below).

Email: jlb.rangers@gmail.com
PM: splantiago on the OOTP Forums

Last edited by splantiago; 10-08-2016 at 09:02 PM.
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

bump.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:13 AM   #3
Yettyskills
Bat Boy

bump

Last edited by Yettyskills; 05-04-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Yettyskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:20 AM   #4
brown34
Minors (Rookie Ball)

there using slack messenger and not aim for anyone that likes to know. I am out if they are using slack. Program/App will never load after I login so I do not like it and wont join any league using it
brown34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
mavericktango
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown34 View Post
there using slack messenger and not aim for anyone that likes to know. I am out if they are using slack. Program/App will never load after I login so I do not like it and wont join any league using it
You don't seem too convinced on whether they're Slack or Aim lol? I do like to know actually. I'm the opposite, I wouldn't use aim but I'm a fan of Slack. Also interested is knowing if this league has started yet or whether it's waiting to go and the rosters are all as the latest patch of 17? As there's no access to reports or anything
Old 05-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericktango View Post
You don't seem too convinced on whether they're Slack or Aim lol? I do like to know actually. I'm the opposite, I wouldn't use aim but I'm a fan of Slack. Also interested is knowing if this league has started yet or whether it's waiting to go and the rosters are all as the latest patch of 17? As there's no access to reports or anything
We made the last minute switch to Slack. League hasn't started yet. Updated patch Rosters.

League Reports found here: BNN Home Page
Old 05-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, changed my mind

Last edited by Phatman; 05-03-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #8
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

bump for updated team list!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:51 PM   #9
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Only 3 teams left! Giants, Diamondbacks and Padres. Who wants to join the NL West?
Old 05-05-2016, 06:06 PM   #10
Todorojoz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The majority of the GMs in this league have been together for 3-5 years now. It's a very fun, active group of guys. The leagues this group have been in have all lasted for a good amount of time. Come join in, in this competitive and realistic group.
Todorojoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #11
kymiller17
Bat Boy

I would be willing to join, and run the Giants

Hi, I am new to the online league process, but I would love to be able to join and run one of the teams. My preferred team would be the giants, but I would be fine with whatever. I've never done this before, so I may need some help in the beginning but I think I could keep up and catch on very quickly.

Sorry I didn't answer the questions earlier

1). I would like the Giants, then diamondbacks
2). They are my favorite team and they have a lot of pieces, and diamondbacks because of Goldschmidt alone.
3). For Giants, I would like to fix a few pieces but they have a strong enough team, with the diamondbacks I would completely rebuild around Goldschmidt
4). I have played OOTP for a while now, but I've never played an online league, I also managed my school's baseball league for 4 years, and have played fantasy baseball for 5 years now
5). I would be a talkative interactive GM, that could fill one of your less wanted teams. I am not a huge trade mogul that likes to blow up teams, I like to work with the pieces and prospects I have and make trades when there is obviously a need for them, or when i could substantially improve the team. I am a huge baseball and giants fan and would love to compete in this league.

Last edited by kymiller17; 05-06-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Didn't answer the questions immediately
kymiller17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #12
Todorojoz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Arizona is the only team open now. The commissioners plan for the season to start Monday. Need just one more.
Todorojoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

PM Sent and answered to take Arizona

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #14
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Looking for one last GM to take the Seattle Mariners. We have 29 solid GMs and we're looking to get started on Wednesday!
Old 05-27-2016, 02:06 AM   #15
Bison
Bat Boy

What is your preferred team?
Mariners

Why do you want to play using this team?
Fan and resident, decent-ish knowledge of minor leagues

What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
Maintain challenge using current stars for next 2-3 years before building around Walker & Paxton further down the road. Trade Diaz/Taylor and hope Jackson/Jackson/O'Neall turn into something.

What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
Played 5-10 seasons of OOTP, so newbie, but done well in other "fantasy sports" (soccer).

Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
I want to learn more about realistic baseball contracts/trades/drafts and would love to do that via discussions with others.

I understand this may be too late, but I'm only interested in the Mariners. Thanks!
Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #16
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Looking for GMs for the Miami Marlins & Milwaukee Brewers.

Come join a great group of dudes as we try and unleash the most realistic SIM league on OOTP17.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #17
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Just looking for a Milwaukee Brewers GM!
Old 07-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #18
IXIDECAYIXI
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by splantiago View Post
Just looking for a Milwaukee Brewers GM!
I'll take the Brewers.
IXIDECAYIXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #19
Orator
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Email sent. Thank you in advance.
Orator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #20
Dream Job
Minors (Single A)

What is your preferred team?
Any team as I really like the concept of this league.
Why do you want to play using this team?
See above. The concept of this league is very interesting so I'd be willing to take any team to join in on the fun.
What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
To compete for championships. It'll depend on the market that I am in. I'll leverage a large market with FA signings. I would focus on development in a smaller market.
What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
Significant experience. I've participated in online leagues since OOTP 9.
Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
I love realism and I run my teams in a realistic way. I am always active.
Dream Job is offline   Reply With Quote