Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #1
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Gauging Interest for a Micro-Manager's OOTP 19 League

Bottom line, I want to attract the sort of GM's that love to manage every facet of their organization. Leagues become real and immersive when every GM pays attention to and manages their organization themselves. We all know that the AI often does a poor job in this regard. Leagues are not as fun when half the GM's leave everything on auto. Lets create a league where a GM actually GMs.

I've been looking for a while for an MLB style league like this without luck, so I'm thinking about starting one of my own.

What I wanted was to have an MLB league with 2 expansion teams in Montreal and Vegas. The league would be realigned into 4 regional divisions, meaning that both Chicago teams would be in the same 8-team division, thus creating more local rivalries. The schedule would be 156 games, giving it balance.

This would also be a daily sim at 7 days per sim. each regular season would take 26 days to complete which will move it along at a good pace.

I would use stats+ and it will be a slack enabled league.

Let me know if this is something that would interest you. If there's enough interest, I'll set the league up.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

just a few thoughts

the overall idea is certainly interesting.

if i were to start something like this, i would probably start with the basic MLB setup with the intention of expansion after 3 seasons or so (after a league vote on it).

another hurdle might be daily sim. because simming daily while having to micromanage every aspect will be much more time consuming than standard leagues

Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
just a few thoughts

the overall idea is certainly interesting.

if i were to start something like this, i would probably start with the basic MLB setup with the intention of expansion after 3 seasons or so (after a league vote on it).

another hurdle might be daily sim. because simming daily while having to micromanage every aspect will be much more time consuming than standard leagues

I don't think a daily sim would be hard to stay on top of things. all you're doing mostly is looking at injuries throughout your system and making changes where they need to be. I think most people tend to leave players at each level for the majority of the season, maybe think about promotions at the all-star break.

It would also start with the league already expanded to 32 teams, Players would also be fictional from the start in order to distinguish the league early on. It also adds stability

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 02-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

This isn't exactly micromanaging. as I prefer to manage the game itself as I handle it very differently and if a silly injury should occur as it often does then I want to pick who gets into the game or shuffle players around if nessasary, I think if we were to tie the game to the internet instead of this sending files bit might be better. Yes it might slow things down but if we micromanaging we would be slowing it down.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
This isn't exactly micromanaging. as I prefer to manage the game itself as I handle it very differently and if a silly injury should occur as it often does then I want to pick who gets into the game or shuffle players around if nessasary, I think if we were to tie the game to the internet instead of this sending files bit might be better. Yes it might slow things down but if we micromanaging we would be slowing it down.
I meant micro managing in the sense of an online league with the current game. The typical online league GM has promotions and lineups set to ai