Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Tracking Challenge Mode rewards?

I know there's some kind of countdown timer for challenge mode rewards (packs). I've heard it's 72 hours for each PT team.

A) Is that correct?

B)If so, is there any way to see where the timer sits so I know when I can get a reward again?

I could swear it's been 72 hours, and I just played 5 seasons with the 1927 Yankess, and won the WS 3x. Only one seasons score below 1000. Yet I haven't received a pack. So I'm guessing my memory about when I did it last is fuzzy?

How do you all keep track of your rewards so you don't waste time with pointless challenge modes? Pen and paper? Spreadsheet? Or is there some countdown timer I've missed?

Thanks
_______
Old 06-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I know there's some kind of countdown timer for challenge mode rewards (packs). I've heard it's 72 hours for each PT team.

A) Is that correct?

B)If so, is there any way to see where the timer sits so I know when I can get a reward again?

I could swear it's been 72 hours, and I just played 5 seasons with the 1927 Yankess, and won the WS 3x. Only one seasons score below 1000. Yet I haven't received a pack. So I'm guessing my memory about when I did it last is fuzzy?

How do you all keep track of your rewards so you don't waste time with pointless challenge modes? Pen and paper? Spreadsheet? Or is there some countdown timer I've missed?

Thanks
_______

Check your transaction history, and use a spreadsheet to keep track of your teams.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I just do them every wednesday night and sunday mornings
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I just do them every wednesday night and sunday mornings
Hey, that's my schedule too. Or sometimes Wednesday afternoon and Saturday night. I try to save my Wednesday packs to open with my Sunday ones, but sometimes the temptation is too great.

Interesting things I've seen by simulating the 1927 Yankees so many times... never lost the AL Pennant race, although a few times it was very close between the Philadelphia Athletics. Lost the World Series twice, once to the Giants and once to the Cubs. One time Babe Ruth hit 68 homers which is the most I saw (when I checked anyways). Gehrig seems to win MVP most often.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I back up just before the end of the season, and replay from the backup. Saves a lot of clicking.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #6
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I back up just before the end of the season, and replay from the backup. Saves a lot of clicking.
That is genius.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I really think we should do away with the requirement to fake a league and just award everyone two free packs per week.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I tried CTRL-ALT-DEL shutdown and replay the end of the season, but that didn't seem to work as I never got packs. If the backup method works maybe that'll be my go-to method. Will have to try do it on an excellent season though.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #9
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I really think we should do away with the requirement to fake a league and just award everyone two free packs per week.
I can tell you that I am faking it poorly in my Rockies save. One pack and they stink!

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #10
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Interesting things I've seen by simulating the 1927 Yankees so many times... never lost the AL Pennant race, although a few times it was very close between the Philadelphia Athletics. Lost the World Series twice, once to the Giants and once to the Cubs. One time Babe Ruth hit 68 homers which is the most I saw (when I checked anyways). Gehrig seems to win MVP most often.
Are you kidding? I've seen Philadelphia win more than once. I've lost the WS a number of times. I once had Babe Ruth get injured for 9 months. I've also seen Gehrig win the triple crown multiple times. Funny enough, I don't think I've ever seen Ruth hit 60 homers. he's come close - been in the 50s a number of times. But never 60 or more.

Of course, if I get the pack in the middle of a run, I stop right then, so I don't always complete the season. But most of the time I have to, in order to get the pack.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #11
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Are you kidding? I've seen Philadelphia win more than once. I've lost the WS a number of times. I once had Babe Ruth get injured for 9 months. I've also seen Gehrig win the triple crown multiple times. Funny enough, I don't think I've ever seen Ruth hit 60 homers. he's come close - been in the 50s a number of times. But never 60 or more.

Of course, if I get the pack in the middle of a run, I stop right then, so I don't always complete the season. But most of the time I have to, in order to get the pack.
Well, if I get a pack in the middle of the season I'll leave that save open for the next account or next time. You can get multiple packs per season/save. So I'll always play every season to its conclusion and can see all these things.

But with the backup method above maybe I don't need to do that. Sad, in a way that I won't see these interesting things anymore. The time-saving wins out though.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
joehart
All Star Starter

Also if you are bored praying that your Ruth/Gehrig combo gets you the pack, try some historical teams that give you the chance to earn packs for both hitting and pitching.
Yankees are too focused on just the hitting aspect.

I rarely ever play them if I want to get a pack.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #13
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Another possibility is just to take an historical team that had a great decade or two (well, for Yankees that is just about every decade), and replay that. That's what I have been doing with the Atlanta Braves, starting in 1991.

The interesting thing is, though, is that at least in my runthroughs we only make the playoffs about 40% of the time.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #14
allenciox
All Star Reserve

My point is, you learn a lot more by not just taking the same team over and over again. Use it as an opportunity to try different things.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote