Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #21
Edster007
All Star Starter

I'm interested in joining but may not qualify which i completely understand. My Coney Island team was promoted to Perfect way too early when they were trying to fill leagues in Perfect-I was coming off an 86 win season which was the 12th best record in the league. I won 69 games my first year and realized I was going to be "stuck" So I reluctantly spent some money (unless I have the chance to win money or a prize to me this is a F2P game) and sold a couple of good cards to at least be competitive. I have been in OL for two weeks now and it is more enjoyable to be in a league with people you "know" than playing solo with random strangers. I'm a couple of rungs below whale but not f2p either. Any changes to the below will only come from using PP, people can spend their income how they want but I can't justify spending another dime on this hobby. I'm good with whatever you all decide of course.

The make up of the team:
3-100's (all pitchers-Seaver, Gooden and Dibble),2-99's (Mungo Mays),5-98's (Brown, Hubbell, Sandberg, Speaker, Yastremski),4-97's (Clemens, Guidry, Gibson, Shoeless),2-96's (Rivera, Freeman),3-95's (Kent, Maddux, Sheffeild),1-93 (Clemente),2-91 (Rizzuto, Buddy Bell),1-88 (Pudge Rodriguez),1-85 (Travis),1 69 (Lavaliere)
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #22
Charlatan
All Star Starter

It's funny that you say this league is harder than the league you were in last season. Last season I was in the whale league and the Monuments won 51 games! So I'm finding this season a lot more fun, since my guys are actually competitive.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #23
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I also think that the NL is less competitive than the AL in this particular league. By my count, the AL has six mini-whales, and the NL three (no huge whales with all the top cards)..

One thing apparently, is that the "dolphin league" (some really experienced players who are not the biggest whales, but have many of the best second-tier cards) also got put with us so I think that is part of the reason it has been hard to compete.

My apologies about my miss for the Cottons. The current stats show the Monuments with a 9.1% chance and the Cottons with a 2.0% chance of getting a wild card spot.

FYI, my Weston Point Caspers were also in Perfect this season, after being a wild card team in Diamond last year, but then winning it all. Even though their team is significantly worse than the Energizer Bunnies (they are also FTP but have some LIVE players) they actually are doing somewhat better, only `16 games below .500 in P413. My main point is that next year we might be in better shape (hope so).

I have added all your teams to the friends list for the Weston Pointe Caspers.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #24
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
I also think that the NL is less competitive than the AL in this particular league. By my count, the AL has six mini-whales, and the NL three (no huge whales with all the top cards)..

One thing apparently, is that the "dolphin league" (some really experienced players who are not the biggest whales, but have many of the best second-tier cards) also got put with us so I think that is part of the reason it has been hard to compete.

My apologies about my miss for the Cottons. The current stats show the Monuments with a 9.1% chance and the Cottons with a 2.0% chance of getting a wild card spot.

FYI, my Weston Point Caspers were also in Perfect this season, after being a wild card team in Diamond last year, but then winning it all. Even though their team is significantly worse than the Energizer Bunnies (they are also FTP but have some LIVE players) they actually are doing somewhat better, only `16 games below .500 in P413. My main point is that next year we might be in better shape (hope so).

I have added all your teams to the friends list for the Weston Pointe Caspers.

The Raccoons are a mini-whale I suppose, but they too have found this league to be more challenging. A hot August put us back to "normal" record wise, but our pitching has not done nearly as well as this year and our defense (relative to the rest of the league) is the worst it's ever been. So for me, this league does seem to be the strongest overall, though it's also the first league I've been in that didn't have a true whale in it.

I hope you get more people to join so you can have a more enjoyable experience and if my ftp Mud Hens ever make it to perfect, I'll definitely want to join your group. The Mud Hens should make the playoffs and with a little luck, they might get promoted to gold.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #25
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
our defense (relative to the rest of the league) is the worst it's ever been. So for me, this league does seem to be the strongest overall, though it's also the first league I've been in that didn't have a true whale in it.
This league has the most top-to-bottom outstanding defense in any league I've played in. All three of my teams usually go top 10 in defensive efficiency, even in perfect leagues, but this time around they're outside the top 15. Devon white usually posts a ZR of 50-60, but this year he's on track to get something like 10.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #26
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So we got mixed in with the "dolphin league", people who are longtime students of the game who put in a "moderate" amount of money but really know how to extract the most of it. So watching what they have done can help us learn, too. They definitely favor defense, that's for sure.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #27
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I'm interested in joining but may not qualify which i completely understand. My Coney Island team was promoted to Perfect way too early when they were trying to fill leagues in Perfect-I was coming off an 86 win season which was the 12th best record in the league. I won 69 games my first year and realized I was going to be "stuck" So I reluctantly spent some money (unless I have the chance to win money or a prize to me this is a F2P game) and sold a couple of good cards to at least be competitive. I have been in OL for two weeks now and it is more enjoyable to be in a league with people you "know" than playing solo with random strangers. I'm a couple of rungs below whale but not f2p either. Any changes to the below will only come from using PP, people can spend their income how they want but I can't justify spending another dime on this hobby. I'm good with whatever you all decide of course.

The make up of the team:
3-100's (all pitchers-Seaver, Gooden and Dibble),2-99's (Mungo Mays),5-98's (Brown, Hubbell, Sandberg, Speaker, Yastremski),4-97's (Clemens, Guidry, Gibson, Shoeless),2-96's (Rivera, Freeman),3-95's (Kent, Maddux, Sheffeild),1-93 (Clemente),2-91 (Rizzuto, Buddy Bell),1-88 (Pudge Rodriguez),1-85 (Travis),1 69 (Lavaliere)
Even if you don't spend any more money, this team is absolutely whale status. There are at least 5 players on your roster that are more expensive than my entire team (~100k), and several more who are close. You sound like a better fit for that dolphin league given the price of your team.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #28
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Even if you don't spend any more money, this team is absolutely whale status. There are at least 5 players on your roster that are more expensive than my entire team (~100k), and several more who are close. You sound like a better fit for that dolphin league given the price of your team.

Thanks. Had no idea of the composition of the teams which is why I listed my roster. I don’t know of the dolphin league but I will search it next time I am online. Just seems more entertaining to play when you are in a league you share with others quite frankly this team bores me right now. Good luck and fun y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #29
KWhit
Major Leagues

I might be interested in joining this or the OT league. I am strictly a FTP player, never paid a cent for packs or pp. I have two teams that bounce between perfect and diamond - one in each level right now.

I think I'm already in your league, P411. That team is the Cigar City Lagers.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:18 PM   #30
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I might be interested in joining this or the OT league. I am strictly a FTP player, never paid a cent for packs or pp. I have two teams that bounce between perfect and diamond - one in each level right now.

I think I'm already in your league, P411. That team is the Cigar City Lagers.
I'm right below you in the division. Welcome aboard!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:26 PM   #31
KWhit
Major Leagues

You guys can add my teams to your friends list and I'll do the same. Do you have a list of the managers I should add?

My teams:
KWhit
CigarsandBeer

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:41 PM   #32
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
You guys can add my teams to your friends list and I'll do the same. Do you have a list of the managers I should add?

My teams:
KWhit
CigarsandBeer
Current managers to the best of my knowledge::

HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
OMGPuppies
CigarsAndBeer
KWhit

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:37 AM   #33
allenciox
All Star Reserve

One more to add, please:
Owner: MiloWindby, team: Weston Pointe Caspers

It is also purely FTP (as all my teams are are).

I have also added it to my signature as you can see below.

Last edited by allenciox; 06-09-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:44 AM   #34
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

The outcome of the inaugural PFTP season, in terms of record, is:

1st: 82-80, Bold Strategy Cottons
2nd: 81-81, Washington Monuments
3rd: 80-82, Durham Devil Dogs
4th: 75-87, Minneapolis Gauchos
5th: 71-91, California Quantum Condors
T-6th: 66-96, Battery Point Energizer Bunnies (OL)
T-6th: 66-96, Aina Haina Parakeets (OL)

Among PFTP teams, the following records were posted:

1st: 19-11, (0.633), Durham Devil Dogs
2nd: 13-8, (0.619), Battery Point Energizer Bunnies (OL)
3rd: 32-23, (0.582), Bold Strategy Cottons
T-4th: 26-30, (0.464), California Quantum Condors
T-4th: 26-30, (0.464), Minneapolis Gauchos
6th: 9-18, (0.333), Washington Monuments
7th: 3-8, (0.273), Aina Haina Parakeets (OL)

The team closest to the playoffs this year was the Durham Devil Dogs - 1GB in the NC Central, who lost 6 of 7 to close out the year to lose the division by 1 game (heartbreaker!). Hopefully we can all make a better push next year!

Old 06-09-2019, 04:02 AM   #35
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Other notable individual player accomplishments:

-The batting champion was 77 Tony Gwynn (BP+) (.331)
-The OPS leader was 98 Bryce Harper (CAL) (.948)
-The batter WAR leader was 100 Mike Trout (MIN) (7.4)
-92 Bob Feller (BSC) lead the league in walks with 170. That is a margin of 50(!) walks over 2nd place at 120. Bob, buddy, you gotta put the ball over the plate.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #36
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Please add omgpuppies13. The Kaneohe Mokes have made it to Perfect.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #37
daveawrit
Major Leagues

All 3 of my teams are F2P, got one in Perfect that has had hit or miss seasons, would love to join if you'll have me.

Packs and AH Mix Team

Red Sox Project Team
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #38
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Glad to have you Daveawrit.

Here is the current list for friends, everyone please make sure you have these all on your list:
HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
OMGPuppies
CigarsAndBeer
KWhit
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13
daveawrit

Old 06-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #39
Charlatan
All Star Starter

The Monuments had a monumental collapse in the second half of the team. It was quite ugly.

I've made one change for next year, upgrading my Tulowitzki for.... a better Tulowitzki!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #40
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, I got a personal message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by giornaliere
Hello,

I'm interested in being a part of this. My team is 100% FTP. Please add my to the list if you've got room for me, thanks.

Username: jeng
Team Name: Minnesota Bold North
So please add jeng as well to the list. We are growing!