Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:40 AM   #3481
Goliathus
Major Leagues

B203 Standing

Many teams did not make the OL in Bronze, which is sad, because this season is very competitive with many teams in the contention with two more months to go.
Attached Images
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #3482
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G332 Update

Annandale holds onto lead, Victoria still in hot pursuit

Crystal Ball Predictions
  • Annandale has 9 OL games left, they will win 4 (since they are in their traditional late-season slump)
  • Victoria has 4 OL games left vs Motown, they will win 2 (Motown has been playing well as of late)
  • If both of the above predictions bear out, Annandale will win the crown by a nose.

(I think Annandale's magic number is 7).

Given all that, the oddsmakers say there's a 57% chance Annandale wins the crown, and a 43% chance Victoria wins it

Non OL News
  • Redmond has a comfortable lead in the AC East
  • Annandale leads the AC Wild Card chase
  • Motown has a small lead over Tacoma in the NC East
  • Harlem is in control of the NC Central
  • Victoria leads the NC Wild Card standings
So it's possible we get 5 OL teams in the playoffs - plus, the team that does not win the NC East has a shot at the second wildcard spot, so we could end up with 6!

Code:
Our League Standings - G332 - 2034			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	18	 8	.692
Victoria Vikings	12	 7	.632
Harlem Hatchets		11	11	.500
Redmond Defenders	12	13	.480
Janesville Onyx		14	16	.467
Motown Stars		14	16	.467
Tacoma Aroma		14	16	.467
Texas Strangers		 5	13	.278

x
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 07-13-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #3483
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Current status of P406 heading into last day

Well, with one day to go in P406 season, things are starting to take shape for the OL patrons. There are thirteen teams; and we dominate at the lower end and the higher end of the records.

On the lower side of the ledger, it appears almost certain that both the Seattle Pilots and the Chippewa Gray Wolves will be in Diamond next season. Joining them will likely be one or two of the following teams: the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens and/or the Palolo Puppies (or possibly, if they have a losing streak, the Cigar City Lagers).

The two best records in the league are, surprisingly, also OL teams: the Southern Southpaws (87-48) and the Bold Strategy Cottons (81-52). Surprisingly, both teams have better records than the megawhale in perfect --- this is all the more notable for Cottons since they are in the same division as the megawhale. Both teams have essentially already punched their tickets for the playoffs (both show playoff odds at 100%). However, other OL teams are likely to join them.

The Battery Point Energizer Bunnies (70-64) lead the AC East by 2 1/2 games and are estimated by the Pennant Race tab to have a 73.4% chance of making the playoffs, while the Virginia Freeloaders (74-59) are only 1 1/2 games away from the division lead in the NC Central and in a strong first place in the Wild Card Standings. The game estimates an 89.8% chance of their making the playoffs in one or the other capacity. One item of note for the Bunnies is that they had a horrendous start to the season with a 21-33 record at the end of May (and 34-47 at the end of June). But they came roaring back with a record of 35-16 in July and August combined. This is interesting since there have been no new players added to the team this year.

Two other OL teams have outside chances at making the playoffs: the Aina Haina Parakeets (68-65) are at 12.5% and the MInneapolis Gauchos (66-67) are at 1.8%.

On a personal item of note, my third team, the Caspers (NFTP) are also leading the AC Central, with a 74-59 record, and are estimated to have an 82.5% chance of playoffs. They have never made the playoffs in perfect; and there is at least a reasonable chance that all three of my teams could be in the playoffs this year in this league.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:45 AM   #3484
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Cincinnati pulls even with Washington in the OL standings as the stretch run approaches (Washington remains in first thanks to the head-to-head series).

in the overall picture... Cincinnati sits a mere half game off the lead in the AC East division (and also holds the top wild card spot); in the AC West, it's all but a done deal for Washington as they will go wire-to-wire in the top spot (magic number only 5 games). Seattle sits in a distant second, but holds the second wild card spot. In the NC East, Transylvania had a rough month in August and dropped to 3rd place, 11 games off the lead. In the NC Central, Roncalli is looking to play spoiler down the stretch as any hope for a playoff birth is slim. In the NC West, Green Lake still remains atop the division, but their lead has dwindled to 3 games as Waffletown had a red-hot month of August. Cooper sits in 3rd place, 9 games off the lead, and in the second wild card spot. Luckenbach is also looking to play spoiler down the stretch as they look to remain above the relegation line.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #3485
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Depends on what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwilson View Post
How often does everyone check-in on their teams?

Long enough to decide who I might want a card for. Take, for example...
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-13-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #3486
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I may have asked this already, but can one use these in the PT game?
Old 07-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #3487
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwilson View Post
How often does everyone check-in on their teams?

This is the first time since I began playing I am going to go more than 48 hours without checking. Usually its 3-4 times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #3488
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Diamond league update:

in the overall picture... Cincinnati sits a mere half game off the lead in the AC East division (and also holds the top wild card spot); in the AC West, it's all but a done deal for Washington as they will go wire-to-wire in the top spot (magic number only 5 games). Seattle sits in a distant second, but holds the second wild card spot. In the NC East, Transylvania had a rough month in August and dropped to 3rd place, 11 games off the lead. In the NC Central, Roncalli is looking to play spoiler down the stretch as any hope for a playoff birth is slim. In the NC West, Green Lake still remains atop the division, but their lead has dwindled to 3 games as Waffletown had a red-hot month of August. Cooper sits in 3rd place, 9 games off the lead, and in the second wild card spot. Luckenbach is also looking to play spoiler down the stretch as they look to remain above the relegation line.
Appears to be shaping up for maybe 6 OL teams in the playoffs in diamond.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #3489
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Well, with one day to go in P406 season, things are starting to take shape for the OL patrons. There are thirteen teams; and we dominate at the lower end and the higher end of the records.

On the lower side of the ledger, it appears almost certain that both the Seattle Pilots and the Chippewa Gray Wolves will be in Diamond next season. Joining them will likely be one or two of the following teams: the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens and/or the Palolo Puppies (or possibly, if they have a losing streak, the Cigar City Lagers).

The two best records in the league are, surprisingly, also OL teams: the Southern Southpaws (87-48) and the Bold Strategy Cottons (81-52). Surprisingly, both teams have better records than the megawhale in perfect --- this is all the more notable for Cottons since they are in the same division as the megawhale. Both teams have essentially already punched their tickets for the playoffs (both show playoff odds at 100%). However, other OL teams are likely to join them.

The Battery Point Energizer Bunnies (70-64) lead the AC East by 2 1/2 games and are estimated by the Pennant Race tab to have a 73.4% chance of making the playoffs, while the Virginia Freeloaders (74-59) are only 1 1/2 games away from the division lead in the NC Central and in a strong first place in the Wild Card Standings. The game estimates an 89.8% chance of their making the playoffs in one or the other capacity. One item of note for the Bunnies is that they had a horrendous start to the season with a 21-33 record at the end of May (and 34-47 at the end of June). But they came roaring back with a record of 35-16 in July and August combined. This is interesting since there have been no new players added to the team this year.

Two other OL teams have outside chances at making the playoffs: the Aina Haina Parakeets (68-65) are at 12.5% and the MInneapolis Gauchos (66-67) are at 1.8%.

On a personal item of note, my third team, the Caspers (NFTP) are also leading the AC Central, with a 74-59 record, and are estimated to have an 82.5% chance of playoffs. They have never made the playoffs in perfect; and there is at least a reasonable chance that all three of my teams could be in the playoffs this year in this league.
Time to go back to the drawing board for Palolo, Ewa Beach, and Kaneohe. When I look at their rosters I wonder how they got to Perfect. I feel like Magus now.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #3490
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Stanley: You're the biggest Willie fan around so I thought you'd enjoy this video. It's a good one.

Willie Mays Made "The Catch," but How Great Was It?
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #3491
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Stanley: You're the biggest Willie fan around so I thought you'd enjoy this video. It's a good one.

Thanks for that. That site led me to baseballsavant.mlb.com. I totally nerded out there.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:12 PM   #3492
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Annandale holds onto lead, Victoria still in hot pursuit

Crystal Ball Predictions
  • Annandale has 9 OL games left, they will win 4 (since they are in their traditional late-season slump)
  • Victoria has 4 OL games left vs Motown, they will win 2 (Motown has been playing well as of late)
  • If both of the above predictions bear out, Annandale will win the crown by a nose.

(I think Annandale's magic number is 7).

Given all that, the oddsmakers say there's a 57% chance Annandale wins the crown, and a 43% chance Victoria wins it

Non OL News
  • Redmond has a comfortable lead in the AC East
  • Annandale leads the AC Wild Card chase
  • Motown has a small lead over Tacoma in the NC East
  • Harlem is in control of the NC Central
  • Victoria leads the NC Wild Card standings
So it's possible we get 5 OL teams in the playoffs - plus, the team that does not win the NC East has a shot at the second wildcard spot, so we could end up with 6!

Code:
Our League Standings - G332 - 2034			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	18	 8	.692
Victoria Vikings	12	 7	.632
Harlem Hatchets		11	11	.500
Redmond Defenders	12	13	.480
Janesville Onyx		14	16	.467
Motown Stars		14	16	.467
Tacoma Aroma		14	16	.467
Texas Strangers		 5	13	.278

x

Tacoma vs. Motown three game series coming up!

Old 07-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #3493
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Time to go back to the drawing board for Palolo, Ewa Beach, and Kaneohe. When I look at their rosters I wonder how they got to Perfect. I feel like Magus now.
Let's not go around saying that like it's a bad thing. I've been very good this week

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #3494
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

P406 OL Standings leaderboard mini-update:

By all accounts, it looks to be a 2 team race. I also quickly looked at the stats for the 3rd and 4th place teams:

1) 0.674, 31-15, Bold Strategy Cottons
2) 0.647, 44-24, Southern Southpaws
3) 0.583, 35-25, Virginia Freeloaders
4) 0.578, 37-27, Aina Haina Parakeets

The Southpaws have 9 games left in the OL (Grey Wolves, Gauchos, Quantum Condors), which are 2 relegation teams and another which has a run differential of a relegation team. However, the matchup against the Gauchos is on the road, and lefty teams obviously struggle in righty ballparks.

The Bold Strategy Cottons have 7 games left in OL, all against the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens who are right at the relegation border as well.

If the Cottons go 4-3 in their games, the Southpaws would need to go 7-2 in order to win the OL title.

Other fun facts noticed: The Southpaws have absolutely demolished the Cigar City Lagers this year, going 15-4 against them. The Chippewa Grey Wolves, who have effectively clinched relegation, have gone a whopping 0-12 combined against the Parakeets and the Virginia Freeloaders. And by my count, the only team to post a losing record in every OL matchup they faced is the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens, who need a series sweep of the Mokes to avoid that distinction at the season's end.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #3495
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Tacoma vs. Motown three game series coming up!
Motown sweeps Tacoma! One of the games went to extras, and another was won in the bottom of the ninth.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #3496
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
P406 OL Standings leaderboard mini-update:

By all accounts, it looks to be a 2 team race. I also quickly looked at the stats for the 3rd and 4th place teams:

1) 0.674, 31-15, Bold Strategy Cottons
2) 0.647, 44-24, Southern Southpaws
3) 0.583, 35-25, Virginia Freeloaders
4) 0.578, 37-27, Aina Haina Parakeets

The Southpaws have 9 games left in the OL (Grey Wolves, Gauchos, Quantum Condors), which are 2 relegation teams and another which has a run differential of a relegation team. However, the matchup against the Gauchos is on the road, and lefty teams obviously struggle in righty ballparks.

The Bold Strategy Cottons have 7 games left in OL, all against the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens who are right at the relegation border as well.

If the Cottons go 4-3 in their games, the Southpaws would need to go 7-2 in order to win the OL title.

Other fun facts noticed: The Southpaws have absolutely demolished the Cigar City Lagers this year, going 15-4 against them. The Chippewa Grey Wolves, who have effectively clinched relegation, have gone a whopping 0-12 combined against the Parakeets and the Virginia Freeloaders. And by my count, the only team to post a losing record in every OL matchup they faced is the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens, who need a series sweep of the Mokes to avoid that distinction at the season's end.
The performance of the Condors has been surprising. Whichever of my teams that gets relegated is going to be picked apart.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #3497
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Anyone done iron standings recently, or are we not important until Bronze?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #3498
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Avoid Relegation fever! Catch it!

Old 07-14-2019, 01:56 AM   #3499
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Relegated teams from Perfect to Diamond from P406:
Victoria Vipers (NFTP)
Seattle Pilots (OL)
Chippewa Grey Wolves (OL)
California Quantum Condors (OL)

OL Playoffs teams:
Bold Strategy Cottons [WC1] (only representative from the AL, sadly lost the division to the megawhale by a single game, 97-65 to 98-64)
Southern Southpaws [NCWest] (Best record and best run differential in the league)
Virginia Freeloaders [WC1]

The San Francisco Smallballers (NFTP) have an opportunity to defend their title from last year, as they've clinched the WC2 spot in the NL. Also, the Bold Strategy Cottons seem to have clinched the regular season OL title. Good luck everyone in the playoffs!

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:28 AM   #3500
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post

Thanks. Enjoyed the video. The youngster did a nice job, but needs to study up a little. I believe Tommie Agee's two catches and Ron Swoboda's diving, back-handed, layout in the '69 Series might have been mentioned. He could have also stated that the catch had a 2% probability for success for everybody except Willie Mays.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-14-2019 at 06:31 AM.