Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
ForTheGamer
Bat Boy

Random Crashing Occuring

Hey. Sorry to report this, but I've been having issues with random crashes that seem to occur whenever a pop up box occurs or I fiddle with the drop down options or the pop up menus. Can just occur whenever, doesn't seem like anything in particular that is specifically causing it (I think, might be wrong).

Anyone know what's happening? I'm not exactly sure. Tried just about everything on my end and it didn't work.

If you need me to upload my save file, I'll need to upload it later. I'm reporting this just before class.

Thanks for the game, I'm enjoying it so much. Well, besides this issue.
ForTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

There's been a known crash usually when you click on someone but it hasn't been consistent making it hard to catch...which I'm guessing is the one you're referring to. However we think we have it fixed in our latest beta build.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:24 AM   #3
BLINZ218
Bat Boy

I am also having problems with crashes. I am unable to play any historical games as anytime I try to start a new one, it will crash during the setup but I am not having this problem with other games.
BLINZ218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:07 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

That doesn't sound like the same thing as the interface crashes we've been working on. At what point in the setup, exactly, does it crash? And what are the details of the game you're trying to start - year, team, options, etc.?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
ohenry304
Bat Boy

I'm having issues with it crashing too. I haven't been able to load the game without it saying its stopped and needs to close
ohenry304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
BLINZ218
Bat Boy

It will crash only during historical games after I have assigned the starting points to my general manager. It will start to load a few things then stop and the game crashes. This does not happen when I try to start a new game in standard and custom modes. I have tried to start anywhere from 1917 with the Montreal Canadians to the expansion teams of 1967 and always get the same result. The options I have for the games have been: hold expansion draft, draft/generate rookies at 17, and use the FHM development AI. Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
ForTheGamer
Bat Boy

Awesome about the interface crashes perhaps being solved. I figured with it being something that general, that it would be solved right away and I'm enjoying my time playing it anyways. I'll let BLINZ take this thread over with his problem because that sounds much different than my own.

Thanks again for the fast response.
ForTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:24 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLINZ218 View Post
It will crash only during historical games after I have assigned the starting points to my general manager. It will start to load a few things then stop and the game crashes. This does not happen when I try to start a new game in standard and custom modes. I have tried to start anywhere from 1917 with the Montreal Canadians to the expansion teams of 1967 and always get the same result. The options I have for the games have been: hold expansion draft, draft/generate rookies at 17, and use the FHM development AI. Hope this helps.
It sounds like something may be corrupt in the historical data files. If you're on Steam, try right-clicking on FHM4 in your library, then Properties, then Local Files, and select "Verify Integrity of Game Files." If you're on eSellerate, download the latest update (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...72&postcount=1) and install it again. Those should restore any damaged files to working order.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:26 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry304 View Post
I'm having issues with it crashing too. I haven't been able to load the game without it saying its stopped and needs to close
Is that happening as you're trying to start the game, or when you're trying to load a specific saved game? If it's happening during startup, I'd suggest following the steps I mentioned in the post above to fix any issues with broken/corrupted data files. If it's a particular save, we'll probably need to have a look at the save itself to see what the problem is, if you can upload it (instructions at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...55&postcount=2)
Old 01-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
BLINZ218
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It sounds like something may be corrupt in the historical data files. If you're on Steam, try right-clicking on FHM4 in your library, then Properties, then Local Files, and select "Verify Integrity of Game Files." If you're on eSellerate, download the latest update (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...72&postcount=1) and install it again. Those should restore any damaged files to working order.
I have tried to redownload the update a few times but the issue is continuing to happen.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:53 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLINZ218 View Post
I have tried to redownload the update a few times but the issue is continuing to happen.
OK, can you try starting a game and tell me the exact point (what it says in the loading bar, including the percentage) it's crashing at? That may give us an idea of what's going wrong.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:57 AM   #12
BLINZ218
Bat Boy

The issue occurs after assigning the starting points to my GM and the last thing the loading bar says is loading preseason and it'll stop around 75% then the loading bar goes blank and FHM will stop working and close out.