Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #41
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Bought it, pretty good so far. Started in 1967-68 as the Blues, won the first round, blew a 3-1 lead in the second round to Pittsburgh. After the season, somehow traded Al Arbour for Bobby Orr...thinking that might be a bug.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #42
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

GM and Coaching Seasonal Stats incorrect

Hi Jeff,

Noticed that the stats for GM and coaching is incorrect. I have played two seasons for the Kolner Wale in the DHL and check stats for me as GM and it says I have 142 wins after two seasons where in reality I have won 34 one season and 33 the next. Not sure if this has been reported but it is something that is incorrect.

Thanks!
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #43
landru22
Major Leagues

Playoff games not scheduled with this patch. I started this save with a previous patch. With about a month to go in the season I updated to 1.6.19 and no playoff games were scheduled when the season ended. The game eventually crashed on April 19th. Luckily I had saved my progress with patch 1.6.8 and was able to patch back to 1.6.8 and resume from there. And, by the way, yes, playoffs were scheduled. I will upload if you wish.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #44
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

All of Dave Drydens WHA stats are associated the Montreal Canadiens and the NHL... That's pretty embarrassing.
Attached Images
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #45
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Playoff games not scheduled with this patch. I started this save with a previous patch. With about a month to go in the season I updated to 1.6.19 and no playoff games were scheduled when the season ended. The game eventually crashed on April 19th. Luckily I had saved my progress with patch 1.6.8 and was able to patch back to 1.6.8 and resume from there. And, by the way, yes, playoffs were scheduled. I will upload if you wish.
Yeah, we'd like to have a look at that. This was with the NHL? I don't think we made any changes to the way the playoffs work there in the last couple of patches, so I'm not sure what happened.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #46
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, we'd like to have a look at that. This was with the NHL? I don't think we made any changes to the way the playoffs work there in the last couple of patches, so I'm not sure what happened.
I have uploaded the save. The file name is Super Hockey League.lg-NoPlayoffs.zip . This was not an nhl game. It is a custom game that has been heavily edited. It runs okay using version 1.6.8 but crashes everytime on April 19th (the supposed start of the playoffs) using version 1.6.19. I saved a version of this when I originally updated to version 1.6.19. My season was in early March at the time. I have reverted back to 1.6.8 and used the file saved from March and the season finishes properly, playoffs are played, the draft runs, and I am able to get to the next season (July 1). I realize this file is not the ideal to test out your program with, but if it works in 1.6.8 it should work in 1.6.19. If you would also like the March save, let me know.

Thanks for the support.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #47
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Started a game in '77. Post game start NHL playoff stats are not associated to NHL and so are not adding to pre game stats (The 15 games the Flower played in my 77 game are not added to his real historical stats).

Guys... the game needs to be able to add stats properly!
Attached Images
Old 06-15-2014, 04:10 AM   #48
thepete
Minors (Double A)

I've been very critical of the game, but credit where it is due: I'm actually enjoying this a bit now. I'm in the 2017/18 season and sure, I'm fleecing the AI in trades and whatnot, tactics are a mess and immersive isn't how I'd describe the game just yet...but I'm enjoying it still.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #49
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
I'm fleecing the AI in trades and whatnot, tactics are a mess and immersive isn't how I'd describe the game just yet...but I'm enjoying it still.
You can search this phenomena on the Net. It's called "So bad It's Good".
That's the reason why many people love "Police Academy" all movies.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #50
Penfold75
Major Leagues

The best thing about this game is how comical the errors and bugs in the game are. I get most fun out of the game when you play and you think what is the most ridiculous trade offer I can make that will get accepted and then finding that it will be accepted. The goals at 00.00 in games. The 10 shots in 2 seconds....absolute quality. The FA disaster. The comedy value is priceless and is well worth what I paid for the game alone.

Just a shame it is nothing like the hockey game I hoped for.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #51
emren13
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
The best thing about this game is how comical the errors and bugs in the game are. I get most fun out of the game when you play and you think what is the most ridiculous trade offer I can make that will get accepted and then finding that it will be accepted. The goals at 00.00 in games. The 10 shots in 2 seconds....absolute quality. The FA disaster. The comedy value is priceless and is well worth what I paid for the game alone.

Just a shame it is nothing like the hockey game I hoped for.
Wow. Thanks for the heads up! So, glad I still haven't paid money for this and certainly will not endorse on Steam. And I am also greatly disappointed that seemingly no criticism is allowed (the typical "just don't buy the game and shut up" really gets old quickly). We should be able to voice our complaints, especially when a game is as community driven as this one is. Charging any money for a game that has that much wrong with it still at this stage of its release is simply a joke. Of course, ironically, there is nothing funny about this for any of us hockey fans that value realistic gameplay...
emren13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #52
speels
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emren13 View Post
Wow. Thanks for the heads up! So, glad I still haven't paid money for this and certainly will not endorse on Steam. And I am also greatly disappointed that seemingly no criticism is allowed (the typical "just don't buy the game and shut up" really gets old quickly). We should be able to voice our complaints, especially when a game is as community driven as this one is. Charging any money for a game that has that much wrong with it still at this stage of its release is simply a joke. Of course, ironically, there is nothing funny about this for any of us hockey fans that value realistic gameplay...
Just don't buy the game and shut up

In all fairness, I don't think that no criticism is allowed, it just needs to be constructive. Generally the people that get the response above are people who complain over and over about the same things and do so in a very rude way. I have criticized the game and not once been told to just leave, but some people continually, no, daily, bitch and moan about this game knowing full well that they can't change it overnight. Constructive criticism will get listened to. Just my opinion, and like assholes, everybody has one.

Last edited by speels; 06-17-2014 at 11:35 PM.
speels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:24 AM   #53
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels View Post

In all fairness, I don't think that no criticism is allowed, it just needs to be constructive.
+1

As I see from the forum,

Playoff is not working. It fails on seeding the teams. Worked only on 2017 season. Here is my_saved_game.lg to prove it.

is good criticism, but

You bastards! What have you done with playoffs? This piece of rubbish doesn't know how to work with playoffs - the most important part of NHL! What do these idiots think!

is not.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #54
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels View Post

In all fairness, I don't think that no criticism is allowed, it just needs to be constructive. Generally the people that get the response above are people who complain over and over about the same things and do so in a very rude way. I have criticized the game and not once been told to just leave, but some people continually, no, daily, bitch and moan about this game knowing full well that they can't change it overnight. Constructive criticism will get listened to. Just my opinion, and like assholes, everybody has one.
I think the main issue with the game is that a lot of the issues that remain have been reported and discussed since some of the BETA versions of the game. Free Agency, Trading have been a mess since back then and no we don't expect it to be fixed overnight but we are talking about several months later and its not fixed. It is starting to look like they don't know how to fix these issues. I imagine that the goals at 00.00 and X amount of shots in a second will be addressed by the match engine patch (Hopefully!!).

I don't agree with a lot of the criticism that is aimed at the developers. I think they very early on made some bad choices about trying to please everyone instead of delivering a robust, simpler product that did what it says on the tin. However constructive criticism doesn't seem to be getting anyone anywhere either.

The 'just don't buy the game and shut up' comments aren't constructive either but the sort of thing I would expect to hear in a school playground. People are entitled to an opinion whether we agree with it or not.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:39 AM   #55
thepete
Minors (Double A)

One annoying thing that isn't working is that there shouldn't be any roster limit for the playoffs.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #56
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

More weird data stuff. Kent Nilsson is set to be with habs in the NHL rather than the Jets for 77-78...
Attached Images
Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #57
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

I think I'm done.. I'm gonna uninstall FHM

I'm fairly certain that they are now working purely on Septembers new iteration and the mythical 'final' patch will represent a demo to show what FHM15 is going to be like.

I'm frankly disgusted. Today marks 1 year since I purchased the game and 292 days since the game was OFFICIALLY released and its still not finished. Its also 143 days since Sebastian announced the new match engine and all we are getting are vague 'more details soon' messages.

I did try ask for screenshots 2 weeks ago and it was ignored and there's only so long a person can wait. I wish I'd asked for my money back back in October, but I trusted they could actually sort this game out. How wrong I was.

I would love to hear from Brad or Sebastian with a definite date for patch release, but I'm fairly certain this will fall on deaf ears.. but if it does, then I'm going to act with my wallet and boycott FHM, OOTP and BTS when it comes out.
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #58
Penfold75
Major Leagues

The game is in a pretty sad position. There is an abundance of potential for this game to be the best Hockey Management game ever, similar to the position that OOTP Baseball holds for baseball.

There is only so much time that people will buy into potential though and this game, although playable and fun at times,is not hitting the mark. There are glaring issues that are not bugs or tweaks but fundamental game play issues with tasks that define the very essence of Hockey Management e.g. Trading, Resigning Free Agents the list goes on. I would gladly wait until FHM2015 for the Match Engine patch if these issues were worked on and resolved. I believe the development team are a hugely talented bunch of guys but I don't think they know how to fix these main issues and I wonder if they will still be present in FHM2015 if things continue along the way they are going.

The communication between the OOTP team and the community is again nearly as poor as it has been in the past despite promises of improvement. The posts about the match engine patch and the future of the game are as vague as ever and are in no way giving the community (who are all paying customers) the information they deserve.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:38 AM   #59
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

The team have been in damage control from the moment the beta released. So many design ideas have been shelved (like facegen and add on central) and bugs remained unfixed for months.

I've been keeping an eye of FHMs stats on Steamcharts and it's barely got anyone playing it even though it was on sale.

I'm gonna wait and see what announcement is made from their annual meeting, but right now they will need a miracle to get me to buy more from them
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #60
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBn View Post
The team have been in damage control from the moment the beta released. So many design ideas have been shelved (like facegen and add on central) and bugs remained unfixed for months.

I've been keeping an eye of FHMs stats on Steamcharts and it's barely got anyone playing it even though it was on sale.

I'm gonna wait and see what announcement is made from their annual meeting, but right now they will need a miracle to get me to buy more from them

The thing is they bit off WAY more than they could chew. Between all the different leagues in modern play, historical play and custom play... that's too much for an initial release. The first version should have been about cementing a working modern game with only a handful of leagues playable (Maybe just the NHL, AHL and KHL) and then slowly build on that foundation.

Historical play should have been held off til 2015 (it's my favorite feature but the way it's implemented is just terrible and the research is even worse).

The thing is they've made their bed and now have to pull things together. 2015 should focus on 3 things IMO:

1) The Game Engine
- Enough of this nonsense of a major game update in the final patch. Just give us the fixes to as many issues as possible, update the DB (hopefully including fixes to all the historical data issues I keep bringing up), and maybe add in multi-GMing as a feature so we can override the sketchy GM AI. 2015 should be where you introduce a brand new engine.
2) Interface!
- The UI is horrendous, and doesn't really present stats and screens the way a hockey fan would expect it. The fact that I constantly have to dig for draft info is an example.
3) Customization / Editing
- The researchers for ths game are dropping the ball, mostly because there are just way too many elements to research. Give us editing tools to be able to fix things to our liking. I have to re-rate virtually every player, every season to make the game behave even remotely realistically. Give me some tools and I'll stop bitching about the embarrassingly bad research.

Everything else should be secondary.