Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #21
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

He is indeed out of options.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Yes, OOTP models waiver periods, and while I won't pretend to be at all sure of the precise details, I was under the impression OOTP mirrored real life in that area. In any case, if someone clears waivers in OOTP, there does come a point in the year where he'll need to clear waivers again if you want to reassign him.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
Yes, OOTP models waiver periods, and while I won't pretend to be at all sure of the precise details, I was under the impression OOTP mirrored real life in that area. In any case, if someone clears waivers in OOTP, there does come a point in the year where he'll need to clear waivers again if you want to reassign him.
This is what I thought. In this case though, I guess the player had already done so, and hadn't been moved since?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #24
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
i had a player, i sent down with no option so he had to clear waivers. i need to call him back due to injury. When i tried to send him down again (same year), he had to clear waiver again.... i assume same would apply for post August 1 trade....

i will test next time with a player with options, waive early in the season, recall, than send down still on the 40-man, see if i need to waive again..
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AFAIK waivers are reset at the start of ST, the trading deadline and at roster expansion. They probably reset after the season is finished but I've never checked. By reset I mean any player who had previously cleared waivers needs to be waived again when required. One thing that I don't know is if a player who cleared waivers and was assigned to the minors stays cleared if recalled to the 25-man roster.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #26
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
AFAIK waivers are reset at the start of ST, the trading deadline and at roster expansion. They probably reset after the season is finished but I've never checked. By reset I mean any player who had previously cleared waivers needs to be waived again when required. One thing that I don't know is if a player who cleared waivers and was assigned to the minors stays cleared if recalled to the 25-man roster.
I think you're right about the waiver periods. I do know for a fact that if you waive someone in OOTP, then put him back on your 25-man, then you can still demote him (and remove him again from your 40-man) just as long as it's still within the same waiver period. So if you waive and outright someone in April, decide you need to call him back up in May, you can send him down again in June without needing to pass him through waivers again. But if you wanted to do that in August, you wouldn't be able to, since the waiver expires on July 31.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Good info here, thanks to all who contributed.

I know I learned something new about waivers.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #28
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But then he wouldn't be on the 40-man roster, which is the reason he wouldn't need to clear trade waivers in August. August 1st is the beginning of a new waiver period in MLB, so unless I'm mistaken, it would be entirely irrelevant if Durbin had cleared waivers earlier in the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Yes, but does OOTP model the "new waiver" period? I didn't think it did. Could be mistaken on that.
It's more complicated in real life due to the fact that outright assignment waivers have a different waiver period from other waivers—a new August only waiver period was added for outright assignments back in 2007. Note also that, in real life, outright assignment waivers are only good for seven days from Sept. 1st through the first thirty days of the following season.

Here are the waiver periods in real life, and when the waivers granted for that period expire, according to the 2008 Major League Rules (not sure if there were any adjustments to these periods in the most recent CBA):

Trade Assignment waivers
Nov.11 through Feb. 15: not applicable
Feb. 16 through 30th day of season: not applicable
31st day of season through July 31st: not applicable
Aug. 1st through end of regular season: end of season
Day following end of season through Nov. 11: not applicable

Optional Assignment waivers
Nov.11 through Feb. 15: not applicable
Feb. 16 through 30th day of season: 5 pm on 30th day of season
31st day of season through July 31st: 5 pm on July 31st
Aug. 1st through end of season: 5 pm on Oct. 1st
Day following end of season through Nov. 11: not applicable

Outright Assignment waivers
Nov.11 through Feb. 15: 1 pm on 7th day, or 5 pm on Feb. 15 (whichever comes first)
Feb. 16 through 30th day of season: 1 pm on 7th day, or 5 pm on 30th day of season (whichever comes first)
31st day of season through July 31st: 5 pm on July 31st
Aug. 1 through Aug. 31: midnight on Aug. 31st
Sept. 1 through Nov. 10: 1 pm on 7th day, or 5 pm on Nov. 10th (whichever comes first)

Quote:
So if you waive and outright someone in April, decide you need to call him back up in May, you can send him down again in June without needing to pass him through waivers again.
That wouldn't apply in real life—see above.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote