Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #21
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

I could never work out what settings to use. A few months ago I stumbled across a thread, I can't remember if SirMichaelJordan started it or if he just posted in it, tried the 25/25/25/25 and it works for me.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #22
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
yes it includes potentials
Even set to 100% stats, the game always has to use potential ratings to evaluate prospects. Your settings don't change that.

Quote:
I
My new numbers are : 45/27/20/08

See what you guys think.
How do you even know those settings make a difference? They're so close to the original settings that they will, in almost all circumstances, change nothing. Unless you've done side-by-side comparisons of individual AI moves before and after switching settings, there's no way you could tell just through ordinary play what effect your changes are having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Does a player's past performance affect his development?
No, it doesn't. It used to, back several versions ago, but it was a very bad idea because it was absurdly exploitable - for one thing, you'd just put all your good prospects in the low minors so they'd hit .420 and get talent boosts, and for another, you could anticipate better than the AI which prospects were likely to improve or regress later - so performance no longer affects development in OOTP. Instead, development affects performance, which is as it should be.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Not at all. I am anal when it comes to realism so I wouldn't have settle with those numbers if that was the case. Main reason I was testing in the first place because trades were unrealistic to me.

Also if you dont check that AI eval setting then you are not seeing what the AI see and that may make trades not make any sense.
Do you use hard or very hard as your trade setting?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #24
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you use hard or very hard as your trade setting?
Still using Very Hard.

But thats really a user preference since I doubt that setting effect AI trading between each other. AI trades, signings, depth chart, 40 man, farm system, etc... all played a role in finding the AI Eval settings I am using along with user difficulty.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 09-21-2013 at 10:43 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #25
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also going to play around with 45/20/20/15
I've used 40/30/20/10 for quite some time now..

Had a long drive for work tonight and starting thinking about this thread.. I think I'm going to try 50/25/15/10

I want to add a bit more to ratings and a tad more weight to current year in relation to the previous year and 2 years ago.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I appreciate this thread because I'm struggling with poorly rated players getting mega contracts. I don't care what the evaluation parameters are OOTP should be able to determine bad players from good players and not give the dregs 7yr/$70 million contracts.
Why not? It happens in the MLB with regularity.

OOTP should simulate real baseball and not idealized, perfect baseball where all decisions are rational and wise and where no one of talent is ever cut, no bad trades are ever made, and no player is ever grossly overpaid.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
Nunyer
All Star Reserve

Yes, but not everybody playing the game is trying to ape MLB down to the amount of stitches on the uniform arm patches. I like playing fictional leagues... and I enjoy things a tad more 'idealized' if you will. I don't see any problem with tweaking / experimenting with settings that are specifically in place to allow for customization of my sandbox. If I can tighten up some of the weaknesses inherent in the current MLB, reduce dead money rotting in triple A, get more teams onto more stable financial ground... all those things I feel tend to enhance the overall quality of my fictional game.
Nunyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyer View Post
Yes, but not everybody playing the game is trying to ape MLB down to the amount of stitches on the uniform arm patches. I like playing fictional leagues... and I enjoy things a tad more 'idealized' if you will. I don't see any problem with tweaking / experimenting with settings that are specifically in place to allow for customization of my sandbox. If I can tighten up some of the weaknesses inherent in the current MLB, reduce dead money rotting in triple A, get more teams onto more stable financial ground... all those things I feel tend to enhance the overall quality of my fictional game.

This...bad decisions will still be made..trust me.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #29
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I tried these and so far, I'm liking them..

30/40/20/10
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote