Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-19-2019, 10:51 PM   #81
Northernsky
Major Leagues

How come during the winter Olympics there no mail messages after games? I cannot even find a group standing screen either. Am I just missing it? Also when I hover over the calendar during the winter olympics I get the wrong team showing up
Attached Images

Last edited by Northernsky; 10-19-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:11 AM   #82
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
How come during the winter Olympics there no mail messages after games? I cannot even find a group standing screen either. Am I just missing it? Also when I hover over the calendar during the winter olympics I get the wrong team showing up
Do you have the Winter Olympics news subscription off? (see Manger Options, news settings are at the bottom.) They do generate stories like normal games would.

To see the standings screen, go to World-Select Tournament and select the Olympics, then click on Standings in the world menu. If the tournament is underway or completed, you'll get the standings. For previous years, you can see them on the history tab (tournaments completed in-game only, we're working on adding the other histories.)

We'll check the calendar problem, we had those issues in a couple of other places but hadn't seen that one yet.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #83
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

playing a game

Is there a way to see who the opponent's lines are on the ice so when coaching a team, you can line match? It would be nice to see all the info on the game screen. Thanks.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #84
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Is there a way to get a player to stop feeling isolated?
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #85
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
Is there a way to get a player to stop feeling isolated?
You can either bring in more players that have a language in common with him, or wait for him to learn the local language (the time that takes will vary from player to player, although an average player should pick up the lowest useful level in a year or so.)
Old 10-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #86
FearAndLoathing
Bat Boy

I had been messing around with tactics in order to match up better with teams in the playoffs, and now even though my global passing setting is set to medium-high, my individual units all have their passing bar set to the lowest and i cannot adjust it back up during actual games.

I let the AI reset my tactics but its still happening, anyone know what I did here or why that is?
FearAndLoathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #87
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAndLoathing View Post
I had been messing around with tactics in order to match up better with teams in the playoffs, and now even though my global passing setting is set to medium-high, my individual units all have their passing bar set to the lowest and i cannot adjust it back up during actual games.

I let the AI reset my tactics but its still happening, anyone know what I did here or why that is?
As far as I know, as long as you don't have "Use these settings" checked it doesn't matter and that the AI uses the global settings.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:02 PM   #88
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAndLoathing View Post

It's a display bug in the unit tactics screen, we're aware of it and will be fixing it.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #89
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

Hi Jeff,

The release change list mentioned that you'd started re-rating historical players in accordance with current rating standards. Which seasons have been re-rated so far?
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #90
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
Hi Jeff,

The release change list mentioned that you'd started re-rating historical players in accordance with current rating standards. Which seasons have been re-rated so far?
I've been going in the approximate order the players were originally created, so starting in the late 40's and I'm up into the 70's now. But I also often make changes in specific players if I see something that looks really off in a test, so there are many players in other years who've had improvements. I'd have liked to have been a little farther along at this point, but the staff database took me longer than I expected, so that ate into the time I had for the players this summer.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #91
FearAndLoathing
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's a display bug in the unit tactics screen, we're aware of it and will be fixing it.
Thanks guys!!!
FearAndLoathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #92
Colorado
Major Leagues

Shouldn't the Takeover Team button be removed? I'm already GM of my team!
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #93
CubzFan73
Minors (Single A)

Events

The events cannot be edited at this point, correct? I want to use the Memorial Cup in an historical league. Sorry for asking again....
CubzFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:10 AM   #94
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Shouldn't the Takeover Team button be removed? I'm already GM of my team!
You still have the option of taking over other teams.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:11 AM   #95
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubzFan73 View Post
The events cannot be edited at this point, correct? I want to use the Memorial Cup in an historical league. Sorry for asking again....
No, not possible right now.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #96
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way to change my news settings so I’m notified when someone has an injury and they’re not available for games? I get news every time there’s a long term injury or a Short term injury for a 3 star player or not but I’m not getting anything for short term injuries for depth guys.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #97
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

is it possible to lock players to lines as GM only? if not are there plans to add it in the future?
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #98
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
Is there a way to change my news settings so I’m notified when someone has an injury and they’re not available for games? I get news every time there’s a long term injury or a Short term injury for a 3 star player or not but I’m not getting anything for short term injuries for depth guys.
Manager - Options - Exit Auto-Play (bottom-right corner), then you can adjust which injury lengths you get warnings for and, on the next line, whether you get them for minor injuries and, if so, how serious the minor injury needs to be to trigger the warning.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #99
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I noticed this in 5, and it still persists in 6 - perhaps there's a reason for it.

During the regular season you can click on the score in the box (lower left mgrs home page) (see circle on attached image) and it takes you to the score sheet for that game.

During the playoffs, the link does not work. Clicking does nothing.

Why is that?

Tks, awesome game.
Attached Images
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #100
igor7111
Minors (Double A)

How do I pull my goalie? Love the game although I'm looking forward to
the drag and drop getting fixed.

Last edited by igor7111; 10-21-2019 at 09:45 PM.
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote