Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
kq76
Global Moderator

My PT Features Wishlist

I imagine I'll be updating this over time as I'm sure I forgot some, but I keep wishing many of these features were in the game so I finally decided to list them:

Team Stats Rankings Screen - I love how on the team home screen you can see how your team ranks in its conference. I'd love to have a screen where it takes all that data, but it includes all the teams in your league in a big sortable table. So often I want to see what the best 3 or 4 teams in a certain stat look like, what players they have to achieve that, but the only way to do it is to click on each team and see what their rank is and then look at their players. And it only shows teams in your conference. I'd rather see how you rank against all teams in the league! Yes, there's the Team Statistics screen from the league menu, but it doesn't show you the same useful stats and they're not sortable at all. Put this in the regular game too!

PT Universe Report - I find all the unique team names that people come up with fascinating. Yet the only way to find them is to click through each league from the universe screen. You could list what league each team is in, their owner, and what their last season's record was and maybe some other interesting info to fill out the report, but all I really want is to be able to see all the different team names. You don't need to have this constantly updating either. Once after each season ends would be plenty enough.

An exportable database of the cards - I've spent countless hours creating a spreadsheet of various cards I might be interested in (I can't help it, I love spreadsheets). It'd be so much easier if we could export a copy of the database to work on it outside the game.

A way to see if a player is in the database - We can search for players in our league and we can search players in the auction house, but AFAIK we can't search to see if a player is in PT at all. There have been players that I thought just weren't in the game then one day weeks later I notice one.

Function to search by card year - I have 2 teams whose theme is based on when they played, but as it is I have to scroll through pages and pages of players who don't fit the team's theme. It would make it a lot easier if I could put in a starting and ending year. For example, if you had an 80s team you could simply put 1980-1989 or if you wanted to catch more who may have played during those years you could input say 1965-1995.

Function to search by positions other than primary - I'm a fan of having some utility players on my team, but as it is it's difficult to find players that play other positions. You have to just go through screen after screen of players. You can't even reliably google utility players as some players who are known for having played multiple positions a lot are sometimes only rated at 1 position in OOTP (e.g., Julio Franco, Jose Oquendo, etc).

Does anybody ever use the min price function? - If no, replace it with something more useful like the year dropdowns I mentioned above.

Search by team - Yes, you can sort by team, but then you have to scroll to find your team. Why not be able to search by team and only have it output the team you are looking for?

Sort by speed and basestealing and defense - I like fast players, I love stolen bases, I love great defense. Why must I click through screen after screen to find players with decent speed?

Ability to see the last n prices that a player went for - The last 7 day average is great and all, but you really have no idea how meaningful it is. If 100 players were sold in that timeframe then it's pretty reliable. If only 1 did, then it's really not. And other than having an idea how often a player comes up for bid, it's hard to know how reliable it is. Maybe even have a graph of prices for each card!

Include highest winning bid when bidding on players - Yes, you can see this # when you are selling a player, but I'd like to see it when I'm buying a player.

An easier way to switch from one of our teams to another - Right now you have to logout of the game then re-enter your username and password. What if you just had one username and password, but you had a pull-down menu of your teams you could select from. As it is, I focus on one team for a week or so then go back to a different for awhile simply because I can't be bothered with the hassle of logging in and out.

More than 3 teams to a license - If more licenses could mean more money to OOTP via buying packs, then why not? I could understand if you wanted to limit cheating, but if the reported anti-cheating measures are working then why not increase the # of teams one can have? I have 3 teams with distinct themes and I could easily think of more. I'm sure plenty of people are in the same boat. I understand, you might have to limit the # of free packs you can have per license (e.g., no more after 3 teams), but that's okay.

A legit way to transfer players from one of your teams to another - Surely there must be some scenario that would be fair. For example, what if the player had to be in auction for at least a day and your bid could only be the last 7 day average, no more, no less, and if you lost him to another team, you lost him and the 10% fee. So often I unpack a player you rarely see and I think, "geez, if only I could transfer him to my XYZ team".

Injuries - I wish injuries were enabled in the game. It's a huge part of baseball and teams that have depth are much more likely to weather the storm when injuries inevitably hit. I understand, it would be difficult to implement with PT since the game sims so often, but what if the game automatically activated players from your reserve list? It would make your non-starting roster so much more important and teams who might think they have no chance against a juggernaut rival would have a better chance given they pay attention to the depth of their roster. I'd say a bit more randomness would be good. As it is, it's so easy to dominate the lower levels.

Default auction settings - I'd like to set it up so that I can tell OOTP that any player I tell it to put up for auction that the default starting bid is say X% of last 7 day average and the buy now price is say Y% of the all-time high price. Of course you can change it before you put the player up for auction, but I'd like to set the defaults to something other than the minimum. Ask others how they determine what prices to set though as they might have better ideas.

Missions In - I'd like to see somewhere on a card's screen what mission that card is included in. Yes, someone has created an online spreadsheet, but it should be in the game.

Shortlist Missions - A lot of missions I have no interest in, or at least no immediate interest in. I wish we could shortlist a handful of missions that we want to work on instead of having to click through screen after screen of missions to get to the ones we want to focus on. As it is, I just don't bother.

Detail Multiple Mission Rewards - Some missions have multiple rewards, yet you can only see the top reward card. You should be able to click through them to see what their value is and what they look like.

Clickable Mission Rewards - It'd be nice if we could click on a mission reward to see what the detailed ratings of that card are. As it is, you have to search for it elsewhere and hope one pops up.

Better Reward to Difficulty Ratios of Missions - I understand some people might get a kick out of deciding what missions to focus on given the difficulty to reward ratios, but some missions IMO are completely pointless. Collect 40+ cards for a player I wouldn't want on a silver league team and wouldn't come close to recouping what it cost to acquire him? Really? At least give a standard pack as an extra for those to make the possibility of getting a useful card out of it. It's so much easier to get better players via the auction that I think mission rewards should be more about getting packs as at least then you have a small chance of getting something useful. While we're at it, can we rename "Special Edition" cards to "Mission Edition" cards. That's where they originally come from, no?

Sort Missions by # of Cards Needed - I bet people tend to focus on missions where they have fewer cards they need to collect. Let's be able to sort them by that.

Filter Missions by Team - A number of missions are based on certain teams. Let's be able to just show missions of team X.

Filter Missions by Year Range - A number of missions seem to be based on a year range. Say you want to focus on missions based on the years before 1960 (I would), let's have a filter for that.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully we'll see some of these in future versions.

Last edited by kq76; 09-21-2019 at 09:19 AM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

+1 for sorting by speed/defense, and for sortable team stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Function to search by card year - I have 2 teams whose theme is based on when they played, but as it is I have to scroll through pages and pages of players who don't fit the team's theme. It would make it a lot easier if I could put in a starting and ending year. For example, if you had an 80s team you could simply put 1980-1989 or if you wanted to catch more who may have played during those years you could input say 1965-1995.

Search by team - Yes, you can sort by team, but then you have to scroll to find your team. Why not be able to search by team and only have it output the team you are looking for?
This link has information that should be able to help accomplish these two points: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=301449. Not sure about range of years, but decades is definitely do-able, as is searching by teams (assuming the teams are named consistently, which isn't the case-I've seen both 'CHC' and 'Chicago Cubs' for Cubs players).

StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan22 View Post
This link has information that should be able to help accomplish these two points: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=301449. Not sure about range of years, but decades is definitely do-able, as is searching by teams (assuming the teams are named consistently, which isn't the case-I've seen both 'CHC' and 'Chicago Cubs' for Cubs players).
Sweet! I didn't realize it used regex. I just tested it and it even picks up 19[7-9][0-9] (70s-90s). It even recognizes something as complicated as 196[5-9]|19[7-9][0-9]|200[0-5] (1965-1999,2000-2005). Thanks! That makes that a lot easier.

Maybe they should put a mouseover "?" somewhere on the page to mention that it uses regex.

Last edited by kq76; 09-23-2019 at 01:23 PM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan22 View Post
I've seen both 'CHC' and 'Chicago Cubs' for Cubs players).
Use Cubs or the full mascot name of any team you search for. It seems special editions outside of 2019 All-Stars and POTM, use the full name and are not into the whole brevity thing. Unless you want your search to not include mission reward cards.