Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
Mike Burks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How about a farm system

With tournaments coming and the ability to run more than one team from your roster, what if we had a short-season say Monday through Friday (5 month season) of gold level, silver level, and bronze level teams in a minor league system. It would be more or less a "long tournament" where are you could train players at different positions at each level to eventually use on your main team like September call-ups. This would give you a chance to use some of those silver and gold cards that just can't perform the entire year at a diamond or perfect level but might be able to fill some holes for the playoffs. It worked for Branch Rickey, I mean we are simulating baseball right.
Mike Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I like the idea. Not sure about implementation, though. More than likely very few on the forum will like this though.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #3
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

In all honesty, we already have farm systems in classic OOTP. PT isn't "another" baseball simulation - it's a "different" baseball simulation.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I was thinking about this as well, but then I realized that I like the fact you have to suffer through the training process. I guess having to wait for your guy to get ready down on the farm is suffering, but I quite like having to put your team in mortal danger while training up a guy in the big leagues.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Mike Burks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mr. Baker I understand but I'm just looking for a place to play some of those really good silver cards and bronze cards in a team environment, it's like a puzzle putting together a lineup, I just want some more puzzles, that's all.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Mike Burks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just Patrick I don't know if you're interested in the tournaments but it'd be a good place to put together some teams to play in the tournaments, you can even use them to test out theories on what type of Team you want to build.