Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Upcoming 20.5 update!

Hey guys,

we've been working very hard and on Monday (if all goes well) we will release a new OOTP 20 update, version 20.5. It contains a lot of new stuff and many tweaks, it's one of the bigger updates we've ever released.

For Perfect Team it contains a brand new feature, Collection Missions, which are a lot of fun and can earn you super-rare Special Edition cards as rewards. You can find a detailed feature explanation here.

Here is the complete changelist for the update:
- Improved OD rosters including updated 2019 draft class (need to create new game for changes to apply)
- Online Leagues: Can now create deals and submit them for the commish to approve.
- Added spray charts to in-game defense widget in modern views (optional)
- Adjusted AI trade evaluation with superstar or superstar prospects in deal
- Improved substitution lineup logic (try to respect locked lineup positions)
- Added OA/Pot to BNN page if not using stars
- Fixed misc. 3D game updates (fixed ball catches, new animations, improved timing)
- League top players report will check for age/other restrictions
- Adjusted RPOY award voting
- Fixed players reaching on FC who scored having ER charged to wrong pitcher
- Fixed issues where selecting double splits were not being applied properly
- Fixed mail item advising of a streak ending when a player goes hitless in a tournament game
- Live Start: Fixed issue where expanded rosters were being set for MLB when other leagues were selected
- Live Start: Fixed issue where some players who have changed teams did not end up on the new team
- PT: Added Collection Missions Feature (PT Home screen, "Collection & Missions" tab)
- PT: Fixed issue where clearing max price would return no search results in auction house
- PT: Added hitter pull tendency to auction house listings
- Several other small bug fixes and crash fixes

Cheers,
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Please do also note that this new version will NOT be online league compatible with previous versions, so if you are in an online league, take note of that and plan your sim schedule/update schedule accordingly.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #3
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

- Added spray charts to in-game defense widget in modern views (optional)
Awesome!!!
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
b10wick
Major Leagues

Can you go into more details in regards to the create details and send to commish to approve? Trades? Thanks!
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
Can you go into more details in regards to the create details and send to commish to approve? Trades? Thanks!
Sure!

Basically, we're opening up the trade window in online leagues. So what happens is that you, as a GM, can go ahead and put together a trade in the trade window, and then once you submit the trade and export your team, that pending trade will go to the commish of the league when they import your team.

At that point, the commish will see the pending deals, and can approve them as they see fit.

The commish still needs to be sure that the deals are approved, since nothing stops you from submitting a Trout for Brock Holt deal, however if both teams submit the same trade, then the commish will see that. And they certainly don't have to use this - the previous ways for handling things have not changed at all. Also, submitted trades don't show any notification to the receiving team, so you still need to discuss things offline to actually plan the deals, but this is at least a little step to helping the overall flow for online leagues in handling trades.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Nothing interesting that's new that I want to see but at least a Patch.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:45 AM   #7
mars001
All Star Reserve

Looks like a good update to me. Thanks!
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:26 AM   #8
DanKreider
Minors (Double A)

Sounds like a great patch to me! Looking forward to it! Hope that something was done with recent draft picks for a Live Start game. Any info you can share on how that is going to work?
DanKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:30 AM   #9
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
- Fixed misc. 3D game updates (fixed ball catches, new animations, improved timing)
I'm happy to see this. Overall I'm usually pretty pleased with the animation, but that odd play that makes no sense can really break the immersion and make you wonder whether what happened should have happened or not, kind of like a bad call by an umpire. So to see less of these plays is welcome.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

When will it be up on Origin?

Very happy to see a patch for OOTP18 today.
Keep up the great work
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKreider View Post
Sounds like a great patch to me! Looking forward to it! Hope that something was done with recent draft picks for a Live Start game. Any info you can share on how that is going to work?
It should work that any players we have in the roster DB (I think it's something like 70% of the players who we have in the DB) will get added to the team that drafted them if you do a live start after the draft with updated rosters.We're adding players signed or not (so, for example Rutschman will start on Baltimore even though he hasn't signed yet).
Old 06-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I'm happy to see this. Overall I'm usually pretty pleased with the animation, but that odd play that makes no sense can really break the immersion and make you wonder whether what happened should have happened or not, kind of like a bad call by an umpire. So to see less of these plays is welcome.
Yep, the last patch we just barely missed a handful of fixes that I couldn't quite sneak in that would have fixed a lot of the worst plays, and then had time in the last few weeks to add a few more plays. We'll now have guys barehand the ball, or throw on the run, or OF set up and wind up for a big Sac Fly throw.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:34 PM   #13
whaleheader
Minors (Triple A)

Regarding the updated trading mechanism...can teams make trades with AI teams? In my online league, this has been a much requested feature.

BTW, you and your team have added a lot of great features in OOTP 20. I look forward to shifting my league to OOTP 20 at the end of this season.
whaleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleheader View Post
Regarding the updated trading mechanism...can teams make trades with AI teams? In my online league, this has been a much requested feature.

BTW, you and your team have added a lot of great features in OOTP 20. I look forward to shifting my league to OOTP 20 at the end of this season.
No, we still do not allow AI trades in online leagues, although that is something we might consider down the road (there are some challenges with it, though, in making sure the AI is fair in considering those deals).
Old 06-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #15
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Quote:
- Online Leagues: Can now create deals and submit them for the commish to approve.
I love you so much right now.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:05 PM   #16
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yep, the last patch we just barely missed a handful of fixes that I couldn't quite sneak in that would have fixed a lot of the worst plays, and then had time in the last few weeks to add a few more plays. We'll now have guys barehand the ball, or throw on the run, or OF set up and wind up for a big Sac Fly throw.
When I think of how I initially resisted animation, then announced how permanently satisfied I was with the pawns, I feel foolish.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:52 PM   #17
mars001
All Star Reserve

@Bru.... totally agree. When it was first introduced, I was soooo skeptical. It really brings SO MUCH more satisfaction to an already amazing game.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:51 AM   #18
DaBears
Major Leagues

“Added spray charts to in-game defense widget in modern views (optional)”

Absolutely awesome!!!
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #19
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Aside from the updated OD and draftees roster update, are there any other updates that would require a restart to your save? I have a Marlins save that I’m pretty far into (so would prefer not to restart) but would definitely be interested in the improved trade AI.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I have not switched over to OOTP20 yet... I wait until the last patch to convert my league to the new version... I want all the kinks out as much as possible.

In OOTP19, the outfielder is backed all the way to the wall... and the ball hits in front of him... I hope this has been fixed in OOTP20... you just never see that in real life.

This is minor, but like kq76 said, it hurts your immersion.

I am very much pleased with the improvements to the animation in OOTP19... I played a few games in OOTP20 to see if it had noticeably improved... sorry, to say... I didn't notice much improvement at that time... maybe 5-6 weeks ago.

Looking forward to the improvements in the animation.

Thanks to all of the OOTP Development Team for your hard work and dedication.

It is a magnificent game.... and getting better year-by-year.

Thank you from the "bottom of my boogity, boogity shoes".

(old song by Barry Mann: "Who put the Bomp (in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp").

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E2CB&FORM=VIRE

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-15-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote