Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Re-creations of Real Teams

I know cards are limited but has anyone fielded close to a team that existed in real life on any level?

1955 Dodgers
1969 Orioles
1973 Reds
1980 Royals
1986 Mets
1993 Braves
2009 Yankees?

How did they do?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
daves
Hall Of Famer

I don’t believe this is possible. Not all players from these historical teams are present. You can try current live team, but I don’t believe you would go far? In fact a team of mlb live all stars would not fair well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #3
daves
Hall Of Famer

Of course you can have an all Dodger Yankees Indians Red Sox or it some other team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I was gonna say MOST of a historic team even if some players are missing or from a different season, even a different team but the same player, same general point in his career or even the closest match. I guess the '70s Reds were the closest to an All-Star team. And maybe the 96-09 Yanks.

Anyway, with the 2nd or 3rd license I was considering maybe if I use them at all to do a theme team in that respect... Maybe the '80s Mets, I would definitely agree that Diamond and above that problem comes into play of super-Major League level teams & all but you never know until you let the games play out.

It would be mostly because a player cared to sim that historic team as a theme, not to do as well as possible in PT.

I saw an all-time A's team.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Agree with the other guys, not sure it's possible.

I have an all-time Tigers team, it has done OK...in perfect now but the Pitching isn't going to be good enough to carry me that deep into the postseason.

Last edited by Drezik; 06-12-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

As far as I know, no single-season team has even half the cards for a full roster.

I looked at the Mets cards quite a bit (it's where my bleeding heart is...), and while there is a bunch of 1986 cards, you really have to dig into other years (f.e. 1989 Ron Darling) and even other teams. F.e. Lenny Dykstra only has a Phillies card from like '93. And I don't think you can find much relief or a second catcher at all.

You *may* be able to get a full roster for the 1969-1973 Mets if you squint really hard.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

I tried to build an all time Oakland Athletics team. It was terrible and I got smoked at PL. The lack of players makes it really hard to build a team with a coherent strategy.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #8
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

It's possible.

If you get the startering lineup 6 out of 9 or more
The rotation 4 out of 5 or more
The bullpen 3+ relievers, that's well enough.

I have not even seen all the cards in the game, and there is the competition problem but for example with the Reds:

C Bench
1B Perez or Rose
2B Morgan
3B Perez
SS Concepcion
LF Foster
Griffey Sr. I've seen in the game. (in fact I haven't even tried and I have 5 of these cards)

Pitchers I've seen a few of them, the rest you could fill in with ANY Red or a great card just to compensate for the fact you may be placing a lower player in there to keep the theme alive.

Mets

Carter
Hernandez
Alfonzo (or Teufel rookie (yeah, he's a Twin)
Reyes
HoJo
Strawberry
McReynolds (padre rookie at least is there)

Darling, Sid Fernandez, Ojeda, Gooden, Cone all in the game
Even Doug Sisk has a card.
Aguilera is another one you could at least use Aguilera if not his Mets from the '80s. If you name a great team and a 5-7 year period, most of the stars from the team are in the game in some form.

Myers at least one from another team
Orosco is in the game.

Again, fill in the blanks but you could have a partial reunion if you really wanted.

It wouldn't be perfect it would be a team that was very good from some period MOSTLY re-created.

If you started from entry pool and built it you may be able to avoid the performance issues. For a month at least...in fact I did see someone with more or less an all-time Braves team through Diamond who has started adding all-time Greats to keep the boat afloat in perfect.

Besides every single MLB player from this year, there are over 2,000 historical players. Not to mention the special editions which are pretty much unlimited or limited only by the ? as to whether or not the card exists & you are able to field it.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:35 AM   #9
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

It's possible.

If you get the startering lineup 6 out of 9 or more
The rotation 4 out of 5 or more
The bullpen 3+ relievers, that's well enough.

I have not even seen all the cards in the game, and there is the competition problem but for example with the Reds:

C Bench
1B Perez or Rose
2B Morgan
3B Perez
SS Concepcion
LF Foster
Griffey Sr. I've seen in the game. (in fact I haven't even tried and I have 5 of these cards)

Pitchers I've seen a few of them, the rest you could fill in with ANY Red or a great card just to compensate for the fact you may be placing a lower player in there to keep the theme alive.

Mets

Carter
Hernandez
Alfonzo (or Teufel rookie (yeah, he's a Twin)
Reyes
HoJo
Strawberry
McReynolds (padre rookie at least is there)

Darling, Sid Fernandez, Ojeda, Gooden, Cone all in the game
Even Doug Sisk has a card.
Aguilera is another one you could at least use Aguilera if not his Mets from the '80s. If you name a great team and a 5-7 year period, most of the stars from the team are in the game in some form.

Myers at least one from another team
Orosco is in the game.

Again, fill in the blanks but you could have a partial reunion if you really wanted.

It wouldn't be perfect it would be a team that was very good from some period MOSTLY re-created.

If you started from entry pool and built it you may be able to avoid the performance issues. For a month at least...in fact I did see someone with more or less an all-time Braves team through Diamond who has started adding all-time Greats to keep the boat afloat in perfect.

Besides every single MLB player from this year, there are over 2,000 historical players. Not to mention the special editions which are pretty much unlimited or limited only by the ? as to whether or not the card exists & you are able to field it.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #10
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

So you think an all-time Franchise team has enough to draw from to win in Perfects?, probably any team with 50 plus seasons in the books if a manager was good enough.

Sometimes when I'm managing I just feel like the 26th man, though...a manager would really have to want to put a single-team Perfect Team together. And stick with it...at least the current MLB playoff format affords for you to get to the quarter-finals as long as you're Top 9/10ish out of 30.