Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why such low reward for winning a World Series?

Does anyone else think it’s incredibly silly that you only get 1,000 PP for winning a World Series, regardless of the level? How did the developers allow something like throwing a no-hitter, throwing a Maddux game, or having a long win streak, among many other relatively common yearly achievements have more of a reward than the ultimate pinnacle of baseball?

There should either be a pack reward for winning (the type of pack should improve after winning at each level) or there should be a tiered PP reward.. because right now it’s a huge flaw in the game.
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I’m gonna assume the answer is “we don’t have a logical reason, and fixing it now makes too much sense, so um, go get em!”
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Although one can change things in the middle of the stream, it's usually much wiser to make changes between versions. As much as I'd like to see some things changed right now - you simply can't "change the rules" as you go without a lot of kickback and possible things you never thought of.

Let's just hope someone is keeping a list

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:57 AM   #4
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

There's a trade-off between rewarding success in all its forms on one hand, and redistributing PP wealth from the losing have-nots to the winning haves on the other. I'm not searching for a citation, but I remember devs (possibly Markus) turning down earlier requests to bump up achievement payouts in higher leagues and for dominant achievements like long win streaks for that reason, that it would just make the rich richer and keep the poor poorer. So, a 1000 PP payout doesn't mean that winning the World Series is only as important as a single long win streak, but it is a modest bonus on top of the presumed mountain of PP you already earned during your World Series run. That keeps the game more competitive for the 97% of teams that don't win.

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:26 AM   #5
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
There's a trade-off between rewarding success in all its forms on one hand, and redistributing PP wealth from the losing have-nots to the winning haves on the other. I'm not searching for a citation, but I remember devs (possibly Markus) turning down earlier requests to bump up achievement payouts in higher leagues and for dominant achievements like long win streaks for that reason, that it would just make the rich richer and keep the poor poorer. So, a 1000 PP payout doesn't mean that winning the World Series is only as important as a single long win streak, but it is a modest bonus on top of the presumed mountain of PP you already earned during your World Series run. That keeps the game more competitive for the 97% of teams that don't win.

If a team wins the WS and it's not one that's spending much money (if at all), a larger bonus will obviously help them. But for those "rich" teams, the bonus won't likely make any noticeable difference. For example, if the payout was 10k, my Raccoons team wouldn't even benefit. But my ftp Mud Hens sure would. So I don't agree that it will make the rich richer. The rich won't care and so only the poorer teams will benefit.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #6
Goliathus
Major Leagues

While I agree with your general premise, HRBaker, I really don't think reward change is something that should be kept between versions. If they increase the prize for winning a WS beginning this week and not do anything about the previous seasons, I will be very happy and I see no huge consequences. The biggest complaint I can think of is that people might want reimbursement for their trophy of previous seasons.

Also, it's a F2P game. Someone can drop $5,000 overnight and became the the top dog (and possibly the richest) on his way to perfect league. Redistributing PP wealth is not really an issue in this kind of game, where you can drop the cash to be richer in an instant.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-13-2019 at 01:31 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:42 AM   #7
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Success is its own reward.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #8
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
If a team wins the WS and it's not one that's spending much money (if at all), a larger bonus will obviously help them. But for those "rich" teams, the bonus won't likely make any noticeable difference. For example, if the payout was 10k, my Raccoons team wouldn't even benefit. But my ftp Mud Hens sure would. So I don't agree that it will make the rich richer. The rich won't care and so only the poorer teams will benefit.

How do you like playing FTP? I want to try it next year but I don't know if I have the patience...
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #9
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
How do you like playing FTP? I want to try it next year but I don't know if I have the patience...
FTP opens a whole realm of strategic possibilities, especially if you join a league like Our League. Many of us enjoy this challenge immensely.

PTP if you have enough money or your Daddy does only opens the "look at how great I am realm of possibility; unless you have the competitive fire to join the super whale league and prove how great you are on a level playing field.

I am all for the people that spend lots of money. I spend some too on one of my teams although I am a very low spender compared to many. It is good for the game to have cash flow for the devs to keep giving us this awesome game. But FTP and PTP are polar opposite worlds and both can be fun. You can have 3 teams on one license so why not try both?
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
FTP opens a whole realm of strategic possibilities, especially if you join a league like Our League. Many of us enjoy this challenge immensely.

PTP if you have enough money or your Daddy does only opens the "look at how great I am realm of possibility; unless you have the competitive fire to join the super whale league and prove how great you are on a level playing field.

I am all for the people that spend lots of money. I spend some too on one of my teams although I am a very low spender compared to many. It is good for the game to have cash flow for the devs to keep giving us this awesome game. But FTP and PTP are polar opposite worlds and both can be fun. You can have 3 teams on one license so why not try both?

Exactly. Try both. I really wanted to go ptp, but my gf advised against it. She is often the more rational of us. My main reasons for going for ftp is that there will always be people who spend more than you, I didn’t want to open the Pandora’s box where I keep funneling money into the game ( my personality is like that), and I didn’t want to speed through the levels when I have an entire year to play the game. As it is now, two of my ftp teams are at perfect and getting their butts kicked. If I had put money into the game, that would still be happening, only it would have happened much quicker. The joy of the game is building a team from the lowest level and slowly advancing your way up. I really wish they would change the drop rate and reduce the chances of getting live cards. I look at the auction house and see pages and pages of the same live players and maybe one copy, if lucky, of the non-live players I want. That problem is stalling the progress of my team and others who don’t want to use the live players.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Exactly. Try both. I really wanted to go ptp, but my gf advised against it. She is often the more rational of us. My main reasons for going for ftp is that there will always be people who spend more than you, I didn’t want to open the Pandora’s box where I keep funneling money into the game ( my personality is like that), and I didn’t want to speed through the levels when I have an entire year to play the game. As it is now, two of my ftp teams are at perfect and getting their butts kicked. If I had put money into the game, that would still be happening, only it would have happened much quicker. The joy of the game is building a team from the lowest level and slowly advancing your way up. I really wish they would change the drop rate and reduce the chances of getting live cards. I look at the auction house and see pages and pages of the same live players and maybe one copy, if lucky, of the non-live players I want. That problem is stalling the progress of my team and others who don’t want to use the live players.

Yeah I'll definitely try it next year. I try not to spend too much, and don't intend to spend much more, especially as my teams are getting promoted into Perfect League and becoming doormats.

I agree that a slow burn that lasts all season could be more fun. I can see my current teams going on autopilot once they enter Perfect. Hopefully the collection missions and tournaments are fun!

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 06-13-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote