Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
fatzidane
Bat Boy

Game won’t start up

Hi

Just downloaded the game off steam. Installed ok but when I come to play it game won’t start. Comes up on screen launching but then nothing, tried uninstalling etc but same thing. Installed a different game and that fires up ok. Any help would be appreciated.
fatzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

First thing to try is exiting and restarting the Steam client, that sometimes helps so it's worth a quick try.

If it's not starting after that, then you'll want to make sure it installed properly - right-click on the game in your library, select Properties, then the Local Files tab, then "Verify Integrity of Game Files."

If that still doesn't fix it, then we'll need to know a few more details, particularly the operating system you're running on (one thing that can prevent it from starting is an older Mac OS) and what exactly you're seeing when you try to start it, i.e. is the Steam window that says it's launching appearing, nothing at all, or something else?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:40 AM   #3
fatzidane
Bat Boy

Ok, I tried the verifying the game files which didn't work.

I'm using a msi gaming notebook, windows 8.

When I try to start the game, the window pops up for a few seconds to say game is launching then nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling steam etc. Seems to be the only game that doesn't fire up on steam?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 04:09 AM   #4
fatzidane
Bat Boy

Not sure if it helps but I've just downloaded FHM3 from my library and that works.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:46 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Interesting that FHM3 works, there aren't huge differences in the ways the games load.

What resolution is your screen using? You'd normally still get a badly-sized start screen if it was e.g. too small, but it might be some kind of unusual situation.

Another possibility: your antivirus. You may need to whitelist FHM4 specifically to get it to start.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:23 AM   #6
fatzidane
Bat Boy

resolution ive got is 1920 x 1080

tried the whitelisting but again nothing
Old 03-03-2018, 05:40 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

No issues there, then. Let's see if it runs when you launch it directly - go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Franchise Hockey Manager 4, right-click on fhm4.exe and choose "Run as Administrator." Anything then?
Old 03-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #8
fatzidane
Bat Boy

Ok done that, its come up with system error

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime- l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Whatever that is lol.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #9
fatzidane
Bat Boy

Managed to get it going, thanks for your help with this Jeff
Old 03-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Glad to hear you got it going. Sounds like a corrupted Windows runtime file, I'll know now to have people to try running it from the .exe when this happens in Steam.