Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
Longshot
Bat Boy

Coach assigning players to wrong positions

Hi again.. I'm currently in season one (preseason) and my coach is assigning Bobby Ryan to first line center (11 rating at center) when there are much better options available. He's also assigning strong players (Jon Marchessault) to the 4th line LW... When he should be on the first or second line and he can play center.

Is there a fix for this? I'm in GM only mode.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload the save? I'd like to have a look at the exact context the AI is doing that in. Instructions here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:17 AM   #3
Longshot
Bat Boy

I'm attempting to upload the .zip, but it seems like the FTP isn't working. I'll try to download an FTP program
Old 01-19-2018, 01:45 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

If you can't get it to work, a file sharing site like dropbox or filedropper.com is fine, too, just PM me the link.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:52 AM   #5
Longshot
Bat Boy

Ok, it's uploaded as "Longshot Position Issue.lg.zip"

Is there any chance this is something simple?

Last edited by Longshot; 01-19-2018 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:40 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks. The very conservative tactics and only having one player with C as a primary position definitely have a lot to do with it. Marchessault is getting pushed down because there are a couple of slightly better candidates for the first-line winger spots, and the second and third lines are very checking-oriented with that combination of tactics. That said, Ryan getting the first-line C spot is strange, it really should be Marchessault from what I can see. We're going to have to dig into that a little further to see what's going wrong there.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:53 AM   #7
Longshot
Bat Boy

I can't adjust the things like tactics as GM only, right? Anything I can try on my end?
Old 01-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #8
Longshot
Bat Boy

I really can't proceed with the way the coach is handling my players and I want to play it.... Is a trade my only option right now?
Old 01-20-2018, 02:16 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

It looks like we've got this fixed, when I have the AI adjust your lineup in the newest test build it's putting Marchessault as the first-line C and Ryan at LW. So you may want to hold on to this save for now (until we get the next update out; I'm hoping right now that'll be late next week) and try a different start - or trade for some centres.