Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Wilihierax
Bat Boy

Expansion Crashing

I bought the game just last night and am having a crashing issue when I try to expand the league. Once I get done putting in all the details for the team I want to create and push the expand button, the game crashes. Is there something I can do about this?
Wilihierax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:02 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sounds like you're doing it correctly. We'll probably need to have a look at the save to find the exact problem, if you can upload it. Instructions here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
Wilihierax
Bat Boy

It is uploaded as "Will's Game"

Thank You
Wilihierax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

when u expand when u click on the team info for the expand dont click the box and click continue it will work it crashes if u click that box in the expand screen.. I have not have any problems expanding in my games
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, I see, it's crashing when you check the take over box, not when you hit OK. We'll get that fixed. For now, if you just hit OK without checking that and then, if you want to run the team yourself, stay in commissioner mode and immediately check Available Jobs, you'll replace their initial GM and be able to do the expansion draft.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #6
KillerCraig8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes it is the Take Over box. Encountered this as well when expanding with the Quebec Nordiques. I also noticed another crash in expansion during the 2019 NHL entry draft. After my final human pick, I hit sim to end and the game consistently crashes.
KillerCraig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #7
KillerCraig8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCraig8 View Post
Yes it is the Take Over box. Encountered this as well when expanding with the Quebec Nordiques. I also noticed another crash in expansion during the 2019 NHL entry draft. After my final human pick, I hit sim to end and the game consistently crashes.
Correction to the above Jeff. The game crashes after I've made my 6th round selection in the 2018 draft and then hit "sim to human".
KillerCraig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:15 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Do you have a save from before that draft (possibly in the rolling save rs_one or rs_two folders)? Could be something related to expansion, but we'd need to have a look to be sure. Link to the uploading instructions in the second post of this thread.