Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-01-2015, 02:06 AM   #1
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Add Teams Question

I want to bring two new teams one for Al and 1 for NL. My question is am i better off to begin 2015 or just Auto sim 2015 and bring them in at end of 2015 season then that way i have time to scout, prepare for drafts etc..
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

You're best off simming the 2015 season and then expanding the league after the World Series, that way the expansion teams can have a crack at free agents and participate in the Rule 5 draft.

If you do it at the start of the 2015 season, the only players they have access to are the ones they get in the expansion draft and whatever bottom of the barrel free agents are left.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 12-01-2015 at 08:59 AM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

What one of the yer do the international players I guess they are the free agents the 15-16 ur olds? How does that work u sign the 15-16-17 yr olds and then send them down to ur rookie club for a few years?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
What one of the yer do the international players I guess they are the free agents the 15-16 ur olds? How does that work u sign the 15-16-17 yr olds and then send them down to ur rookie club for a few years?
Those players will automatically get placed in your International Complex. IIRC, they'll automatically age out of the I.C. and get promoted when they reach 20 years of age.

Of course, you can promote them to your rookie club any time you want, although they may not be ready for it. International players tend to be very raw.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I know when u add two teams u have to add a schedule file.. Do I still have to do that the 2016 season or just generate the schedule
Old 12-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

No, the game can generate a new schedule with the new teams added. The only thing I am not a fan of is that it gives everyone the same off days. But I know there are some schedule files floating around in the Mods forum that can be used.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #7
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

One of the teams I'm adding is the expos.. Do I have to add a specific schedule for the inter league games between NL and AL or would the game generate those?
Old 12-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #8
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

If you have Interleague games turned on, it will generate them for you.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One of the teams I'm adding is the expos.. Do I have to add a specific schedule for the inter league games between NL and AL or would the game generate those?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
If you have Interleague games turned on, it will generate them for you.
I don't believe this is correct. I think you'll need to add from a template.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I just created a new league with expansion teams and I have interleague games scheduled and I did not import a file.

What I did was expand the league the day after the World Series ended, so we went through the entire offseason and when the new schedule was generated, I saw games against the Cubs, Cardinals, Pirates and Reds (my expansion team is in the AL East).

Last edited by ohiodevil; 12-02-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I stand corrected, Thunder was correct it does not generate interleague games by itself, I looked when I got home from work and I had imported a schedule with the interleague games in it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...dule-list.html

Last edited by ohiodevil; 12-02-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #12
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

its saying i cant expand the league, so do i have to wait until after world series and then add the teams the same day as the expansion draft
Old 12-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #13
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:

its saying i cant expand the league, so do i have to wait until after world series and then add the teams the same day as the expansion draft
The playoffs have to be over before you can expand.

Alright, let's say you're not using the automatic expansion option. You can still manually expand a league of any kind. You could, for example, manually expand a historical or MLB league, adding two completely new teams. Of course, you can also expand fictional leagues. League expansion is done during the preseason or offseason, and is handled in the League Functions page.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...t_page.protect

Last edited by ohiodevil; 12-04-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #14
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

One of my teams that i want to put as an affiliate to my MLB squad is in the game already but under the CAAA if i move that team would the game crash?
Old 12-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #15
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
One of my teams that i want to put as an affiliate to my MLB squad is in the game already but under the CAAA if i move that team would the game crash?
Do you mean you want to move them to another league (like the International or Eastern League)?

Also, if you do a move, all the players will come with the team. You might be better off editing the team (simulate relocation) and when you expand your league, just rename one of the newly created minor league teams to the one you want it to be....logo and uniforms should come with the name change.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #16
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Do you mean you want to move them to another league (like the International or Eastern League)?

Also, if you do a move, all the players will come with the team. You might be better off editing the team (simulate relocation) and when you expand your league, just rename one of the newly created minor league teams to the one you want it to be....logo and uniforms should come with the name change.
For example I want to bring back Montreal expos however one of the farm teams i want to use or name i should say Winnipeg Goldeye is in the CAAA so just replace that team with my new team that i get when i expand?
Old 12-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #17
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
For example I want to bring back Montreal expos however one of the farm teams i want to use or name i should say Winnipeg Goldeye is in the CAAA so just replace that team with my new team that i get when i expand?
When you expand the MLB, the game will also create new teams at each level of the minors. So when the game does this, simply go to whichever level you want Winnipeg to be (AAA, AA, etc...) and rename the fictitious team Winnipeg and then go to the CAAA and rename Winnipeg to another team (simulating relocation of the CAAA team).

As I said above, if you move the existing Winnipeg team to the affiliated minor league, you will get any players or staff under contract with Winnipeg with the move.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:26 AM   #18
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Can a NL team rival with a AL team or no... I am being the GM of Montreal and i want them to rival with Toronto like they do in all other sports but i want to keep them in NL East with Washington where they were... however if it means i have to move the team to Al east to rival with Toronto if AL cant rival with NL then so be it