Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #21
HawkyTom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Let's see what 15 has to offer in this matter.

Things are looking promising indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Feeder leagues in OOTP 15 have been improved. From the new feature list:

- Added option to add full default feeder league system to a league, which calculates the number of feeder leagues / teams needed to function properly
- Added new option to define when players in feeder leagues are draft-eligible (relative to maximum age)
- Added new option to base AI lineup / pitching staff decisions either on potential or current ability, which is useful for feeder leagues
HawkyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #22
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

There are still unaddressed glaring flaws that you will uncover as you go. But, yes, it is encouraging to see some progress.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #23
le receveur
All Star Starter

and at one point, you get used to 500 FA middle relievers... i just hope the foreign leagues will give them a chance to get employment, so i don't have to mass retire them once every 2/3 years
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #24
HawkyTom
Minors (Single A)

Going to try to figure out or at least better understand why things are happening how they are. (I also discovered a universal player creation bug affecting more than just feeder leagues while doing this process)

STARTING POINT:

-MLB Quickstart with added college & hs feeders
-all league setup is done on 3/30/13 (asap/day1)
-default feeder league start date of 4/1 & season length of 50 games
-Amateur Draft scheduled for 6/6.

After 'generating fictional players to fill league' initial feeder league players created batch...ranging from age 14-17 and 18-21 before switching to 14-14 & 18-18(standard approach) for creation gave me the following:

NCAA feeder league: (Current Date = 3/30/13)
-youngest NCAA player = 18yr 89days old (DOB= 12/31/94)
-oldest NCAA player = 21yr 364days old (DOB= 3/31/91)

ISSUE #1 observed:

Odd...I would've expected at least one player to be exactly 18yr 0 days old. In fact there are no players at all from 18yr 0days to 18yr 88days old. Shouldn't the DOB range be from 3/30/95(18yr 0days old) to 3/31/91(21yr 364days old).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTP 14 Manual
Age limits are checked on the first day of the offseason. So, you could have a player who is over the age maximum for part of the season.
Ok...so year 1 must consider 1/1/13 as "The First Day of the Offseason", which could explain why there are no players being 18yr&0days to 18yr 88days old. If that's true then players could still be eligible at age 22 before opening day (if 1/1/13 is start of offseason), as long as they were at oldest 21yr 364days on 1/1/13.
So if it's actually creating the players with these parameters in mind then I shouldn't have any players older than 22yr 88days even setting the initial age creation range from 18-22 (instead of standard 18-21)...however the end result is the same with oldest being 22yr 364days old. (shouldn't be eligible, so obviously the players being created with that "Age Check" retroactively being considered/applied. It probably doesn't even register any 'offseason begins' date for year 1.

*** Big Picture / OVERALL CONCLUSION: ***

Seems like this isn't working as intended and is affecting all player creation, not just feeder league. (this might be throwing off the initial draft classes right out of the gate)

This bug affects non-feeder league player creation ranges as well...I just tried to fill the MLB with 18-21 year olds and all the players ranged for the exact same....18yr 89days to 21yr 264days....should be 18yr 0days as minimum. Same thing if I tried range 18-19. or 16-17, all ranges. Only way to get a full 365day age was making age min=age max. (example: min18/max18).

It's like the age range of D.O.B's isn't [max age - min age], but instead it's [max age - min age - days elapsed in current year]...seems bugged.

Basically in my example above with the 18-21 range you should be seeing a range of 1460 different birth days possible, but instead I'm only getting 1371, missing 89days on the younger side of the spectrum.

Feel free to try it...hopefully somebody more knowledgeable can expand on this and figure something out! I'm going to continue to try and figure things out and will hopefully have a solution soon.

Last edited by HawkyTom; 03-02-2014 at 03:54 PM.
HawkyTom is offline   Reply With Quote