Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Trading Difficulty Settings

For anybody who may know, what exactly is the difference between say "average" and hard...or even "very hard" for that matter. Obviously it's more difficult the higher you go, but I am interested in what factors go into making any given setting less or more difficult. Is it talent, potential talent, contracts, etc..? Why and how does the AI view a proposed trade, and what factor does it consider important? The trading module just doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it from what I can tell. Team needs don't seem to have any influence on the harder levels...which I don't understand. Is it really to easy to rip off the AI and build a winner using average?...or is this just the perception of the player?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

This is on the average setting. Granted, the trade has not been accepted yet (if it will be), but, it's close. What do people think?
Attached Images
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Or this one:
Attached Images
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
For anybody who may know, what exactly is the difference between say "average" and hard...or even "very hard" for that matter. Obviously it's more difficult the higher you go, but I am interested in what factors go into making any given setting less or more difficult. Is it talent, potential talent, contracts, etc..? Why and how does the AI view a proposed trade, and what factor does it consider important? The trading module just doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it from what I can tell. Team needs don't seem to have any influence on the harder levels...which I don't understand. Is it really to easy to rip off the AI and build a winner using average?...or is this just the perception of the player?
I've been recently wondering this too as I go back and forth between hard and normal. It does seem that on average you can rip off the AI sometimes, but it seems pretty good for most trades. Hard seems unreasonable, but maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance. Maybe this is due to how my AI evaluation is set up, but I've offered trades I would accept if I was their GM and they only accept trades heavily weighted in their favor. It reminds me of that one guy in your online league that is scared to trade, so the only trades he will accept are those heavily weighted in his favor because he wants to be sure he is getting a good deal. I remember seeing a recent thread where a bunch of people said they had trade AI on hard. I'd like to ask those people how they can pull off any trade and what their AI evaluations are set to.

EDIT: I can actually answer one question instead of adding more questions. I know contracts have a certain weight because once I added Steven Drew(2013 MLB Quickstart version) to a trade and they said they will not accept the contracts of overpayed starters. But I guess this brings up another question. The contract could just be like a go-no go thing, where if the player is overpaid, then it sends up a red-flag to the AI. Or it could be something like a modifier, where if the player is underpaid, this will weight the trade positively, or if he paid an average salary, it is neutral. Actually, I didn't answer any of your questions. Sorry.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like Orcin answered some of the questions about AI trade factors this morning.

Last edited by farmkidD2; 01-23-2014 at 09:10 PM.
farmkidD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

This one was done on the "hard" setting:
Attached Images
Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmkidD2 View Post
I remember seeing a recent thread where a bunch of people said they had trade AI on hard. I'd like to ask those people how they can pull off any trade and what their AI evaluations are set to.
I started playing stats only recently and have my AI evaluation set at 0/50/33/17 and my trading difficulty to hard. I've only made a couple trades so far, but they have been fair ones where I have had to give up talent to get talent.

I played with ratings on for years, and I also ran into the same problem where I thought Average was too easy to rip off the AI and Hard was too difficult to make a fair deal. I always had my AI evaluation set to default and it never really worked for me.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #7
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

I had it on Average for ages but it got way too easy to rip off the CPU, just one example i offered up utility man Ramon Santiago, shopped him and got offered lots of very good players in return including Dylan Bundy with a 77 POT (i play 20-80 scale) straight up for 3 months of .325 OBP Ramon Santiago, i mean, come on.

So now i play on Hard and yes, it is harder to get what you want, but i like the challenge, to get something good you generally have to give up something good on this setting.

Stick with it, because for me its far closer to reality than Average is.

My settings are LOW/HARD/NEUTRAL, AI Eval settings 40-30-20-10.
PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
I started playing stats only recently and have my AI evaluation set at 0/50/33/17 and my trading difficulty to hard. I've only made a couple trades so far, but they have been fair ones where I have had to give up talent to get talent.

I played with ratings on for years, and I also ran into the same problem where I thought Average was too easy to rip off the AI and Hard was too difficult to make a fair deal. I always had my AI evaluation set to default and it never really worked for me.
Oh, right, now that I switched over to stats only, I suppose I should adjust the AI evaluations I guess. I'll try out some trades like that.
farmkidD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #9
DelinoDeShields
Minors (Single A)

Oh man I've struggled with the AVG too easy/HARD too hard thing too. And tried all kinds of AI Evaluation kung fu. It's just that the settings, no matter how they're set, are AI. There is no realistic AI in 2014. The way I just do it is study the rosters carefully, pretending I'm the manager of the other team, and if I wouldn't do my trade, I don't do my trade.
DelinoDeShields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Man, PSU, when are you going to get that screen thing under control? You're forcing me to use mental pilates, stretching to take it all in!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #11
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

lol sorry...it sudden;t just started happening, and I don't know why. Is there a setting or something I am not aware of?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lol sorry...it sudden;t just started happening, and I don't know why. Is there a setting or something I am not aware of?
I don't know, but we have to do something! Are you just using the normal Manage Attachments protocol, browsing and selecting your file?

(sorry to derail guys, we'll return to normal programming shortly)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #13
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

yes...as far as I know....can't figure this out!!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #14
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yes...as far as I know....can't figure this out!!
You've done it the way you've always done it? What is that? Print Screen, paste to Paint or something, Save file, etc.... ? It's just odd.

Have you tried just using the Snipping Tool? Use PC, right? Windows 7?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I take the photo....place it on my desktop, and then use the paper clip attachment function.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #16
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
I take the photo....place it on my desktop, and then use the paper clip attachment function.

high definition screen?
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #17
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Take the photo how?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #18
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Do you use Imageshack? There's a way to select which size you want to link to using IS.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #19
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

no..macbook pro....I did get a new one in November...but it's just shift+command+4....I have been doing this forever, so I'm not sure why it would have changed.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #20
DelinoDeShields
Minors (Single A)

Changed your diet or new GF maybe?

You guys totally derailed a valid thread here.
DelinoDeShields is offline   Reply With Quote