Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:15 PM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

ANNOUNCEMENT: Tournament Adjustments To Be Made 5/18

NOTE: A majority of these changes have been reverted. See post #14 in this thread.

Good afternoon!

Tomorrow morning, the team will be deploying some changes to tournament selection and rewards. Here is a list of the changes:

-Daily Perfect Draft tourney sizes will be increased to 64 teams with a new 9-16th place prize tier.
-Adjusting rewards for quick Perfect Drafts
-Quick tournament rewards will be adjusted. 32-team tournaments that had 10 packs for first place will now reward 5 packs. 16-team quick tournaments that had 5 packs for first place will now have 2 packs for first place.
-“Ace Of” quick tourneys are still in the environment, but will have a generic name.
-The following Daily Tournaments will be adjusted:
--Daily Early Silver cut from 64 to 32
--Daily Late Silver cut from 128 to 64
--Daily Gold RR Overnight cut from 128 to 32
--Daily Low Diamond DEL cut from 64 to 32
--Daily Diamond DEL Bo3 cut from 64 to 32
-The following weeklies will be deactivated, but will come back at a later time: Daily Take-A-Chance, Monday Low Diamond, Tuesday Live Gold Cap Double RR, Wednesday Wakey Wakey Gold, Thursday Golden Deadball Rebirth Cap, Friday Live Diamond, Saturday Overnight Under the Covers Cap, and Sunday Diamond Cap
-Adding Tuesday Double Historical Weekly Perfect Draft

Tournaments generated prior to the deployment will still be on the schedule. We will also continue to keep an eye on weekly tournament fill rates.

The environment adjustment for tournaments that was announced earlier this week is now scheduled to take place early next week. At around that time, we’ll be announcing the schedule and format for the Tournament Challenge.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 05-18-2022 at 03:12 PM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:23 PM   #2
Dxgarnett
All Star Reserve

You might want to close this thread down right away. This is going to get ugly. If these changes actually get made, you will no longer have a decent player base. This will kill the game. Horrible, horrible decision. Not sure what is going through the devs mind, but this is BAD.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:24 PM   #3
the doctor
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post

-Quick tournament rewards will be adjusted. 32-team tournaments that had 10 packs for first place will now reward 5 packs. 16-team quick tournaments that had 5 packs for first place will now have 2 packs for first place.
there doesn't seem to be any logic to this sort of change, other than to make F2P even less viable than it already is.

Last edited by the doctor; 05-17-2022 at 06:45 PM.
the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #4
BridgeGoth
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP admins have lost their mind.
The only thing keeping this game from being a purely pay to win game was the fact if you were able to build a strong tournament team and with a little luck you might be able to build a squad.
Now they want to take away the only avenue the little guys had to be anything more than cannon fodder?

I can't understand the logic behind this at all... Do they honestly think this is going to get people to pay more? No, this is only going to get people to quit because they see no point in playing anymore.
BridgeGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:27 PM   #5
dbqs
Major Leagues

Hmm...
Old 05-17-2022, 01:30 PM   #6
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

This is a horrible, horrible move. Especially given we still don't have stream packs or challenge packs.

Is the intention to really get people upset here?
Old 05-17-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
emdub
Bat Boy

- PD changes? Okay, probably needed to happen
- Daily cuts? Fine
- Everything else? Disaster

Cutting quick rewards and weeklies? What part of your game are we supposed to be playing? Completely baffling choices here. Very frustrating.
emdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:39 PM   #8
Play4Thrills
Minors (Single A)

The complaints about the anti-competitive effects here are genuine. I spent $100 on 175 packs to start the season, and I've been averaging like 2+ packs per entry in the daily tournaments over the past week, routinely netting over 40 packs a day, yet I still don't have a really competitive team in gold or even half the missions completed.

I'll keep up the grind for a bit longer, but if the goalpost keeps moving faster than I can run, I'm definitely done with this.
Play4Thrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:42 PM   #9
Dxgarnett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Thrills View Post
The complaints about the anti-competitive effects here are genuine. I spent $100 on 175 packs to start the season, and I've been averaging like 2+ packs per entry in the daily tournaments over the past week, routinely netting over 40 packs a day, yet I still don't have a really competitive team in gold or even half the missions completed.

I'll keep up the grind for a bit longer, but if the goalpost keeps moving faster than I can run, I'm definitely done with this.
You certainly aren’t alone. This is going to alienate A LOT of people.

Not sure if you’re on Discord or not, but the amount of backlash for this move is insane.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:43 PM   #10
jd200600
Minors (Double A)

Yikes.
jd200600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:49 PM   #11
Weaseltail
Minors (Double A)

Funny, in all the feedback you guys asked for on Discord about how to get more participation in tourneys, I don't ever remember anyone saying, "give us worse pack rewards."

Assuming for 16-team quicks, it's now 2 cards for 1st and only 1 card for 2nd? And for 32's, 5 cards for 1st, 3 cards for 2nd, and 1 card for 3/4? Is that right? Please confirm.
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:57 PM   #12
epoufette
Bat Boy

This...

is how a revolution dies. Welcome to Tap Sports Baseball redux.
epoufette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:30 PM   #13
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Very glad to see the team came to their senses.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:39 PM   #14
Nicolino Di Benedetto
Perfect Team Project Manager

Hello. We have heard the feedback from the community, and thank you for your candid responses. Please be aware that these changes haven't been installed. As you know, we are always evaluating tournaments and Perfect Drafts. We are also striving to create a fun environment, which we think the leader boards will enhance once they go live. In the spirit of that dedication to our community, we will not deactivate any of the planned tournaments and will instead keep them going with 64 teams with the likelihood of increasing them to 128 when the leader boards go live. Any rebalancing of rewards will also be re-evaluated, so quick tournaments will remain in their current state. However, the Ace tournaments will revert back to the standard names of quick tournaments. Thank you once again for the feedback, support and dedication. We take all of that very seriously.

We are very excited about the tournament standings and leader boards. We feel that will encourage participation in tournaments and Perfect Drafts while also providing great rewards. We also understand the issues the community brought forward and will look to delay any adjustments until we have the leader boards active.
Nicolino Di Benedetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:45 PM   #15
hibees70
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quite glad.I’ll stop grinding away all day at tournaments to get packs.They can stuff PT.I’ll just enjoy OOTP 23.
hibees70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:36 PM   #16
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Ugh. Yet another attempt to cut off us FTP'rs. Your making "all the fun" go away guys...
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:00 PM   #17
Play4Thrills
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolino Di Benedetto View Post
Hello. We have heard the feedback from the community, and thank you for your candid responses. Please be aware that these changes haven't been installed. As you know, we are always evaluating tournaments and Perfect Drafts. We are also striving to create a fun environment, which we think the leader boards will enhance once they go live. In the spirit of that dedication to our community, we will not deactivate any of the planned tournaments and will instead keep them going with 64 teams with the likelihood of increasing them to 128 when the leader boards go live. Any rebalancing of rewards will also be re-evaluated, so quick tournaments will remain in their current state. However, the Ace tournaments will revert back to the standard names of quick tournaments. Thank you once again for the feedback, support and dedication. We take all of that very seriously.

We are very excited about the tournament standings and leader boards. We feel that will encourage participation in tournaments and Perfect Drafts while also providing great rewards. We also understand the issues the community brought forward and will look to delay any adjustments until we have the leader boards active.
I appreciate how quickly OOTP was able to address this. However, please be mindful that correcting bad decisions only fixes a part of the problem; it does not completely repair the broken trust caused by these actions.
Play4Thrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:23 PM   #18
zevus
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
-Adjusting rewards for quick Perfect Drafts
No
zevus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:42 PM   #19
Clavette
Major Leagues

Swing and a miss
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #20
neugey
All Star Reserve

I can understand some of the reasoning they had to knock down the quicks to 5/2 packs ... but they should have done that from launch. It's too late now to make that kind of a change and skew the environment (especially for the F2P'ers)

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote