Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #41
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

I Don't Mean to Alarm Anyone, But...

...back in PT 1.0, something could happen. Something...wonderful.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #42
Orion
Major Leagues

My Guardians gave up midseason...on any possibility of not promoting. I did escape a game 1 loss and game 3 near loss in Round 1 of the playoffs but for the most part it's been complete dominance...partly due to me ended up spending all the profits from selling Ed Walsh...ended up buying Perfect (Non Peak) Pedro for a bit less than I got for Ed, I guess whales have been getting rid of him as they have/want to have the peak one and he's yesterdays toy? It felt a bit off just getting another #1 pitcher when I could have just kept Ed but it gave me a chance to look at other options. I really wanted to work the Tigers collections but the cards just never came available at any price, so moved on to plan B. In any case he fit my park/team a bit better than Ed and I have him rated a bit above Schilling too so he's now my Ace! Peak or not, he's been amazing so far and along with Waddell gives me a great 1-2 punch. We'll see how it goes in the real deal, the Perfect leagues, but for now its concentrating on a Series win...

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #43
Orion
Major Leagues

Pardon my ignorance, but how do the Gold Acheivements work? I've never gotten one, even with a perfect game thrown.

Old 01-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #44
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: Happy But Not Comfortable

Thanks to a walk-off homer by Ken Griffey Jr and an 8th-inning blast by George Brett, Huntley manages to take games 1 and 2 in Huntley from the Explorers. On to Washington...
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 01-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #45
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

good good.gif
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #46
dbqs
Major Leagues

Bested those dastardly Baker Street Brigands in the divisionals. Now up against the very loaded Summit Dirigibles for the league championship!
Old 01-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #47
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but how do the Gold Acheivements work? I've never gotten one, even with a perfect game thrown.
I got 2 gold achievements this season. One for having an obscene amount of hits (12 of them) in the same inning. The other for scoring an absurd amount of runs (15 of them) in one inning.

The tiers of awards don't necessarily track with what we think of as great accomplishments IRL (perfect games etc).

Old 01-12-2020, 04:28 PM   #48
Orion
Major Leagues

Hmm. Seems like offensive oriented squads earn more PP's, even if defensive squads win more reliably. Defense gives next to nothing and while starting pitching does alright, you need be able to consistently dominate, merely being solid gets you nothing.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:35 PM   #49
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Hmm. Seems like offensive oriented squads earn more PP's, even if defensive squads win more reliably. Defense gives next to nothing and while starting pitching does alright, you need be able to consistently dominate, merely being solid gets you nothing.
This has been my experience as well.

One way you can juice PP out of a pitching staff is long winning streaks by elite SPs pitching out of the bullpen in a stopper/long relief role.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #50
Orion
Major Leagues

I had figured out SP's make good stoppers this season when I put Johnny Rigney in that role and he was an all star. He had been struggling as a SP when facing lineups loaded with lefties so experimented with that. Out of the bullpen, he was often coming after a LH starter and seeing lots of righties, with much better results. I think you can make an argument an elite Stopper could be more valuable than the #5 SP with some teams...

Old 01-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #51
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
i had joe d hit two grand slams in one game and collect 10 rbi.
Name:  5e13164163f46905747cc231_2060-10-21_16-04-55.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  238.9 KB
Old 01-12-2020, 05:14 PM   #52
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: The Drama Continues

Huntley pushed Washington to the brink, but the Explorers staved off elimination. Back to Huntley...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 01-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #53
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have gone 7-0 in the playoffs to sail into a finals matchup with...the Scottsdale Scorpions. *gulp*

Those Scorpions went down 2-0 in their Sub-League series. And then they got angry. Winning 6-1, 18-1, and 13-4. Technically they still need to win another game to advance, but that seems a safe bet.

Already prepping for the 135-win, 10-time PL champ, I think I want to cheese them...

They have a platoon-heavy lineup. So, I'm thinking why not roll with a 3-man rotation of Walsh/Ruffing/Coveleski (all righties) for 40 pitches or so. Then have Newhouser, Waddell, Kershaw, Brecheen, Blue, Johan, and friends in the bullpen. That would lock their Zack Wheat, Ty Cobb, Roger Connor, Wade Boggs, and Griffey Jr. into less ideal matchups for most of the game. Of course, their TOTD Miggy and Josh Gibson could feast, but someone's gonna have to feast in a lineup like that.

And if it turns out that they have the pinch hitter settings jacked up, I can revert to a more normal pitching staff after game 1.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #54
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

My very first batting Champion.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #55
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Missed another Triple Crown and by his own teammate by the name of Sandy Koufax.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #56
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: <Gulp>

Impressively--and, for Huntley and Washington, rather ominously--RealMadrid had little trouble dispatching the Confederate Dunces and advancing to the Perfect League Series.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2020, 05:47 PM   #57
Orion
Major Leagues

3 straight losses in extra innings...very frustrating but hope still alive down 3-1. Ace on the mound and a chance to go back home for 6 and 7.

Last edited by Orion; 01-12-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:50 PM   #58
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

well, can't say I am happy with this one. Nothing like BABE RUTH going 0-18 in a 5 game series with 15 LOB.

But have to look forward to next season.
Attached Images
Image Image 

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:04 PM   #59
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

The Rivalry Alert Has Been Canceled

Sadly, back in PT 1.0, the dream died in the Sub-League Series...and somewhat surprisingly, it was Singapore that let us all down.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #60
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

And in P404...

...there will be a game 7 in the AC Sub-League Series. Can Huntley recover from dropping 2 in a row after racing out to a 3-1 series lead? Or will Washington keep the dream of a 5-peat alive?
Attached Images