Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
Phantom9in
Minors (Double A)

Why did you offer him????

Set up a Team Need....a few days go by, Team A says, Hey I got this guy that fits what you need, want to trade?

I say sure, click make this work, Team A says, Sorry you got nobody I want.

WHY THE HELL DID YOU OFFER HIM TO ME THEN???????

Phantom9in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:23 AM   #2
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

Have you tried putting together a package? I'm not sure what your team need was or what you're willing to trade for it, but make it work only shows you 1 for 1 trades the other team would make.
BaseballGoodToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #3
hluraven
Major Leagues

Think of it like real life. The Indians have been trying to trade away Kluber, and have told teams after a SP this. That doesn't mean that any team replying with "name one, and only one, player you want in return" is going to get a sensible answer.

It means they are willing to part with them, so put together a package. Not that they will dump him for a single player.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Trading is a strategic process of negotiating value and exchanging assets. Some people call it haggling, but it's simply a process of meeting an agreement of worth. It's like the team is saying "I have something you said you wanted, that I'd be willing to part with under certain conditions, so what will you offer." The actual trade (the purchase, is what occurs at the end. When you offer a player up and another team offers you one back, but asks for more, that's negotiating and is part of trading.

Instead, if one offers a player and demands that teams only reply with a 1:1 deal, then that's not negotiating. That's a "deal" only if they happen to guess correctly. It's putting something up for sale with pre-conditions and restrictions. It's like saying "Don't talk to me unless you offer me what I want." One will get LOTS of unwanted offers because, the conditions have been set to restrict what the teams can discuss. The AI is expecting negotiation and counteroffers, not a closed door.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 12-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

I think the OP finds the actual wording of the function a little misleading: "Make this work Now" doesn't actually do what it says. You need to do the necessary work yourself with no guarantee of success.
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote