Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2024, 12:36 AM   #36601
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Unknown players

Does anyone know who these gentlemen are?
Attached Images
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:45 AM   #36602
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Alan Hargesheimer 1980 (1983 Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyintheHall View Post
I know the A's are probably all available in the McWilliams collection, and a few (i.e. Fireovid) already have tiny or unclear images here or elsewhere. Also, a few seem to have been posted here previously but are no unavailable or have been removed.

So, with all that, here are the 1983 images I'm seeking:

HARGESHEIMER, Alan Cubs
I know it's been a few years, but here is Hargesheimer with the 1983 Cubs, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Attached Images
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:48 AM   #36603
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Jay Loviglio 1980 (1983 Cubs)

Quote:
I know the A's are probably all available in the McWilliams collection, and a few (i.e. Fireovid) already have tiny or unclear images here or elsewhere. Also, a few seem to have been posted here previously but are no unavailable or have been removed.

So, with all that, here are the 1983 images I'm seeking:

LOVIGLIO, Jay Cubs
Here is a clearer 1983 Cubs Loviglio, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Attached Images
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
Old 01-28-2024, 08:41 AM   #36604
DeweyintheHall
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com View Post
Does anyone know who these gentlemen are?
Assuming they're even real MLBers and not just some dudes they hired to model the new unis of the expansion clubs, a guess might be Mike Fiore for the KC player?
DeweyintheHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:43 AM   #36605
DeweyintheHall
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfoto View Post
I know it's been a few years, but here is Hargesheimer with the 1983 Cubs, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Thanks!
DeweyintheHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:50 PM   #36606
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Rusty McNealy 1983 UIN A's

1983 A's, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.

I can't remember if he was found in TV, but if not this may have to do unless and until a photo from the McWilliams archives hits the public domain.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2024, 12:56 PM   #36607
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Alejandro Sanchez 1982 UIN A's

Pictured with the A's during spring training 1988, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2024, 01:01 PM   #36608
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Rusty Tillman 1982 UIN A's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
Kerry (Rusty) Tillman was one of the many guys whose ability hovered right on the edge of major league effectiveness. Drafted by the Mets in '79, Rusty worked his way up the ladder fairly quickly and made his major league debut with New York in 1982 (.154, 0 RBI, 0 HR, 0 BB, 1 2B in 13 AB). He got on the bad side of some people in the Mets organization, though, and became a nomad shifting from one outfit to another. He got his most playing time (42 PA) with the '86 Oakland A's (.256 BA, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 2 SB) and wound up his MLB career with four token appearances for the 1988 San Francisco Giants. Rusty wasn't ready to quit, though, and he played in the minors and then for years in the Mexican League, where he also managed briefly. Rusty played so little in the bigs that it's hard to say how good he was or could have been if he'd been given an extended opportunity. His minor league stats are regrettably incomplete, but he hit for some fairly good averages in AAA with some steals (not too many) and some HRs (not too many). I have no idea how good he was defensively. Rusty was also a human interest story. There was a reason why he spent so much time in Mexico. He'd made some connections down there one year and in 1986 he shuttled back and forth between Mexico and the bay area carrying supplies of enhancement drugs for his teammate Jose Canseco. Rusty got deep into drugs himself and his life fell apart. At one point, he was living in a tent in the woods in his native Jacksonville. I am happy to report that he has since found help and has pulled himself back together. The last I checked he was even running a baseball school. There are some very good color shots of Rusty with the Mets and one pretty good BW Giants photo, but nada for the A's--until now. Here is a newspaper image of him (Napa Valley Register, Sept 30 86). Not great, maybe, but it should do for the nonce.
Here is a clearer image of Tillman with the A's, taken during spring training 1987, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2024, 06:32 PM   #36609
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Ed Springer 1889 MISSING PLAYER

I found a woodcut of Springer in the 3/18/1888 edition of the Detroit Free Press. Springer was signed in February to join the World Champion Wolverines but didn't make the regular season roster. He died very young in 1891.
Attached Images
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:17 PM   #36610
Terry D
Major Leagues

Quote:
Here is a clearer image of Tillman with the A's, taken during spring training 1987, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Thanks loads!
Terry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:27 PM   #36611
Terry D
Major Leagues

Jerry Grote Dodgers 1981

Jerry Grote is well known as the catcher for the Mets in their championship seasons of 1969 and 1973. Grote was never much of a hitter but as a young receiver he caught Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, Tug McGraw, Jerry Koosman, and Jon Matlack, among others, and the Mets pitchers gave him a lot of credit for their success. After leaving the Mets Grote served as a backup for the Lasorda Dodgers in 1977 and 1978, which gave him an opportunity to play in two more worlds series. After a brief retirement Grote returned to the big leagues with the 1981 Kansas City Royals. Grote hit .304 for KC, but for some insane reason Jim Frey released him. Grote hooked on with LA for the closing weeks of the season. He only got a couple of pinch-hit at bats and he didn't make the postseason roster, but he did finish his career with a second worlds' series championship ring. Here is a Fritsch postcard shot of Jerry as a 1981 Dodger.
Attached Images

Last edited by Terry D; 01-28-2024 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:47 PM   #36612
Terry D
Major Leagues

Larry Gura Cubs 1985

Left handed pitcher Larry Gura began his career with the Cubs but had his finest years with the Kansas City Royals in the late 70s and early 80s. When that club was at its peak, Gura teamed with hard thrower Dennis Leonard to give the Royals as good a pair of left-right aces as you could find. But all good things come to an end, and after his performance declined the Royals cut Gura loose in 1985 to make way for younger pitchers. The Cubs were in the midst of a pitching crisis that year with their regular starters all hurt, so Larry got one last chance with his original club. Alas, it didn't work out, but here Gura is as an '85 Cub. The shot is of course from the Fritsch card collection on ebay.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2024, 08:52 PM   #36613
Terry D
Major Leagues

Jay Loviglio White Sox 1982

As we have just had Jay Loviglio as a Cub, it seems fitting to have him as a White Sock. There are one or two good color shots of Jay with the '81 Chisox, but this is only the second I have ever seen of him in the 1982 White Sox killer bee uniform and much the better. This photo is once more from the Fritsch card auction site on ebay. Now, if we could only find a really good picture of Steve Dillard in the same uniform...
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2024, 08:53 PM   #36614
Terry D
Major Leagues

Quote:
Pictured with the A's during spring training 1988, as currently offered by Larry Fritsch Cards.
Thanks, I had just about given up on finding Alejandro with the A's.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:22 PM   #36615
Chickazoola
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaodyssey View Post
I found a woodcut of Springer in the 3/18/1888 edition of the Detroit Free Press. Springer was signed in February to join the World Champion Wolverines but didn't make the regular season roster. He died very young in 1891.
Awesome find, and a Canadian to boot!
Chickazoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:01 PM   #36616
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Edward Beavens 1871

With the recent sale of the 1871 Troy Haymakers team photo on Lelands, I noticed the photo attributed to Beavens on Baseball Reference and in the Facepacks is identifed as Ned Connor. I don't have another reference for Beavens so it looks like he will have to go to the Missing Player file.
Attached Images
Image Image 
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:45 PM   #36617
BklynJace
Minors (Single A)

Dennis Bennett 1962

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but found a Dennis Bennett Mets colorization I made a little while back and thought I'd post it in case it's useful/of interest to anyone.

(It was designed to be card-sized and looks/prints better when so sized.)
Attached Images
BklynJace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 07:22 PM   #36618
rrb77
All Star Starter

Norm McMillan

1923 Boston Red Sox...from Fall 2018 Premier Auction of Love of the Game Auctions.
Attached Images
rrb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:28 AM   #36619
FlintBaseball
Bat Boy

Steve Luebber Blue Jays

Quote:
Does anyone have anything of these Jays from 1979?
Steve Luebber
Tony Solaita
Dyar Miller (other than the small, team-issue head shot previously posted?)

Merkle - I see that you previously posted images of Pedro Hernandez and Steve Grilli - would it be possible to see these re-posted? Understand either way.

Found this one while looking for pictures to send TTM.
FlintBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 06:49 PM   #36620
rrb77
All Star Starter

Bubber Jonnard

1920 Chicago White Sox...from Summer 2022 premier auction of Love of the Game Auctions.
Attached Images
rrb77 is offline   Reply With Quote