Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-01-2003, 05:29 PM   #21
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

Try checking out "Championship Manager 01/02"soccer manager by "SI Games/Eidos" for some manager options to include.......
Crabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:33 PM   #22
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

There does`nt seem to be enough on the plate options available to me....."Swing away" and "bunt for a hit" seems to be a little basic.......I`m sure there is room for more here........
What do you reckon ??
Old 06-03-2003, 07:55 AM   #23
PFXCarty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This may have been said before...but I'll mention it anyway...

I'm fed up by "bad umpire" calls. You get three or four a game saying "that was a bad call" or something like "why is this ump in the majors?".

Now I watch around 5 or 6 baseball games a week, and you'd be lucky to see more than 3 or 4 occasions in all games put together where the commentators will say such things. You rarely see bad calls at 1B and you ecery ump has a slightl variation in how they call their strike zone, and yet OOTP5 has loads of apparently bad or awful calls.

To be honest, I rather just not know about these "bad calls" because they only serve to frustrate. The code needs tweeking to turn the number down.
PFXCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:27 PM   #24
Max Venerable
Minors (Double A)

3 league Capability

I'd like to see the possibility for 3 leagues in leageu alignment options. I realize that it makes the playoffs more complex, as you would need 2 roving wildcard seats or NFL style Byes..... regardless, I think it would be worth it and add to the flexablity of commishioners to make leagues as they see fit.

_max

The NEBA, an now defunkt solo league

- "It's Turtles all the way Down."
Max Venerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #25
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Not necessarily. Another possibility is a three team round-robin style elimination series, which eliminates one team with the two remaining teams going on to the World Series.

Back when division pennant ties were settled by a best-of-3 series rather than a single game, a 3-way tie would've been resolved by just such a round-robin elimination method. In this case though 2 teams were eliminated with the remaining team winning the pennant.

Had the PCL become a major league, or if the Continental League had ever gotten off the ground, I'm fully confident that such a round-robin elimination series would'be been used to determine the two World Series finalists. The concept of wildcards wasn't really around at that time.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 08:50 AM   #26
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

1 More PbP options to give us folks who don`t sim games more realism on the everyday plays........even include a ball by ball option.......

2 An everyday news page where all the days news is compiled on one page to make it all a little less confusing.........Like having a "Home" page........

3 A "continue game" button so it`s more obvious when a day has been completed.....At this point your news page would indicate weather or not you had any unread news for the day......Like in "Championship manager" soccer sim

4 If you change your starting lineup in the game screen and then change your mind, and go back, it doesn`t remember what changes you`ve made and reverts back to your original lineup...
If you see what I mean..........
Old 06-07-2003, 06:37 AM   #27
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

What about the option to just let the game run as a pbp/ball by ball in real time, but without the insesant pressing of the mouse......and just stop the game for the vital plays or lineup changes when you need to .....ie "Championship Manager" soccer.......This is quite a user friendly way to play manager sims.........
Old 06-08-2003, 02:32 PM   #28
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

There also seems to be far to much ability to edit teams other than the one you are managing in manager mode........this could be taken out of the game.........For example:- I just edited another teams Promotional days and entry price together with changing their % use of utility players in their depth chart.........IMO I shouldn`t be able to do this even if I wanted to......................I put them back where they were.....needless to say.........but for cheats the temptation will always be there

Last edited by Crabster; 06-08-2003 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:28 PM   #29
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

It`s a bit quiet in here ........isn`t it ?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #30
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

I`d also like to see the inclusion of "Double play depth" on the defensive in game options...........and the ability to see more detailed accounts of which defensive tactics the opposition are using......

Last edited by Crabster; 06-09-2003 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:00 AM   #31
Mavericks80
Bat Boy

Thumbs down Wish List

1) Salary cap available at beginning of initial draft, so teams will have equity. Teams finances have no meaning on the initial draft, therefore whomever spends the most will have the most money to spend as teams income matches salary spending. This is FRUSTRATING

2) Trading AI more stingy with their prospects. Easy trading aged players for great young prospects
Mavericks80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 02:09 AM   #32
GoBraves241
Minors (Single A)

I would like to see online reports to be generated with "jpg" extensions instead of "bmps." This is a big deal with player photos. I don't want to upload 45 megs of photos when I could do only 25 megs.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:38 AM   #33
Crabster
Minors (Triple A)

What about the inclusion of player mood changes in the game, so when a player is unhappy his performance is slightly down...Thus adding to the manager aspect of the game with more player interaction and more reasons to change a lineup
He could be unhappy for various reasons including for example:-

1 Wants a new contract
2 Unhappy with another player
3 Unhappy about the teams league position
4 Wants to be in the starting lineup
5 Needs reassurance on his future

Just some ideas........What do you think??
Old 06-15-2003, 04:57 PM   #34
Thoreau76
Minors (Single A)

Yes

Holdouts need to be a part of the game
Thoreau76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:57 PM   #35
rwmorey
Minors (Double A)

Better Memory / Video Management

One thing I have never liked about OOTP is how it takes over my machine. I like to sim a week or a month at a time and go do something else on my machine, but often times the game locks up when I try to restore it from a minmizied state. I have had this experience with more than one machine. I am now running OOTP on a Windows 2000 machine, P4-2.4ghz laptop with 512 memory, running at 1600x1200.
rwmorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #36
couriers
All Star Reserve

Problem = Windows 2000
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:40 PM   #37
Thoreau76
Minors (Single A)

The game isn't "locking" up. It's processing. I've had the same problem. Best thing to do is hit Alt-Tab and switch to whatever you want to do, and then come back in a bit. I've had no problems using this method. When I bring up OOTP5 sometimes it's a blank screen or something, only because it's working on something and isn't too concerned with refreshing it's graphics until it's done.

This happens with a lot of high end games, not just OOTP
Thoreau76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:16 PM   #38
SteveBsFan
Minors (Single A)

Not sure if this has been posted yet (didn't read all replies), so here is my suggestion..

Trades - Ability to trade draft picks and/or money along with players. Trading draft picks isn't in MLB, but it does help for online leagues who do trade draft picks + leagues that compensate for lost free agents.
SteveBsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:44 PM   #39
ZXLT
Minors (Triple A)

Just a little thing, but perhaps jersey numbers could be made editable during Manager Mode, ala nicknames? It bugs me sometimes when I notice that all of my players have jersey numbers in the 90s.
ZXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 05:58 PM   #40
bunkscene
Minors (Single A)

What about coach contract extensions? There's nothing more annoying than losing a coach you would like to keep.

In team strategies, how about SP being allowed to have a personal catcher (aka maddux and wakefield).
bunkscene is offline   Reply With Quote