Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:37 AM   #1
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

HOF voting decision

Still playing a save I started back in 2016, and Chris Davis is on the ballot for the HOF for the first time this year (2031). I can't decide whether or not I should vote for him.

Playing from 2008-2026 (mostly for the Orioles), here are Davis's career numbers:

2,475 games played
609 HRs (tied with Sosa for 9th all time)
1,529 RBIs
.237/.316/.494 slash line
3,040 Ks (an MLB record)
38.8 WAR
3-time all star

He averaged 40 HRs a season, but at the same time he averaged 199 Ks per season. His stats outside of home runs are pretty bad, but it just doesn't feel right to leave him out of the HOF when he's tied for 9th all-time in that category. Only one other player (Gary Sheffield and his sub-par defense) has hit 500+ HRs and been left out of the hall, not counting all the steroid guys. But on the other hand, Sammy Sosa hit the same number of HRs as Davis but with 700 fewer strikeouts.

So that's basically my dilemma. Would you put him on your ballot?

Last edited by boogeyboard1; 11-30-2019 at 12:43 AM.
boogeyboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #2
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I wouldn't put him on my ballot, and even if you did I doubt the AI would go along with you to vote him in. Unless you're managing all of the HOF inductions yourself. His WAR is not good enough, and even if you try to justify it any other way, the HR numbers are the only positive he has. Not enough for me. Speaking of Sheffield, he's more deserving than Crush.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:08 AM   #3
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I would say no too, personally
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I'd say no as well. People will point to the HR and RBI, and say he deserves it, but my answer to that would be that while those are nice, shiny, Cooperstownish numbers, the amount of damage that he did to his teams in other areas warrants keeping him out. Just my 2 cents, or perhaps with inflation, 10 cents.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote