Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #1
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

No MLB Quickstart

Quick-start link

This quickstart begins in 1921. In theory, MLB didn't recover from the Black Sox scandal of 1919. After a crippling 1920 season and dwindling crowds, all 16 MLB clubs fold up shop, release all of their players, and all that remains is the minor league system in America/Canada.

This world has MLB and minor league players in it. Wanna see Babe Ruth in Toledo? This is the quickstart for you! I have included a spreadsheet containing the ~100 or so players who never played
in the minor league system. They would never show up in this quickstart, but the sheet not only lists the player and year of debut, it also gives you the player id to make it very fast to import them after you’ve imported the regular draft class using the yearly draft files that I’ve also supplied.

This quickstart contains all uniforms, ballcaps, and logos for the 32 clubs that make up my 'world' as well as their 32 ‘minor’ league clubs. Are they all era correct? No, neither are some of the clubs, but its the world I created. It begins with a full draft of all players by the 32 clubs in a random serpentine draft.

Finances are turned off when you get it, but if you want, you obviously can change that and anything you want to do differently.

My only request is that no online league is run from the quick-start. Have fun and I hope you enjoy!

What's included in the download?
1. NoMLB.quick.zip - extract to 'quickstart_games' directory inside OOTP
2. Draft Classes directory - contains draft class files from 1922-1999 for importing each season.
3. Schedules Directory – contains two schedule files…..1 with 154 games and 1 with 140 games per season.
4. Databases Directory – contains MiLB Master file 1921-present, MiLB Master file 2000-present, and spreadsheet containing the players who never played in the minors.
5. ReadMe file - explains every aspect of the quick-start.
6. Map.png – a graphical look at the teams in this quick-start.

Playoffs:
All four leagues are members of the Liberty Baseball Association. At seasons end, the playoffs are as follows:

AA#1 vs AA#2
IL#1 vs IL#2

CC#1 vs CC#2
PCL#1 vs PCL#2

AA/IL winner plays the CC/PCL winner in the Liberty Series.

I'd like to thank Jim Burns for all the testing he did on this. He helped greatly work the kinks out of it. Is it perfect? I doubt it, but I hope its close.

Questions? Comments? Email or PM me.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 08-05-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Any Teams in the South and do the guys have History?
Old 08-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Any Teams in the South and do the guys have History?
Southern teams include Memphis and several in Texas in the made up Central Circuit. The entire Southern League is the American Association’s minor league.

MLB history was still with the players until I deleted the MLB leagues and it was gone then. No way to keep it without the league remaining and that wasn't possible.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 08-05-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. Any plans for Teams in Florida? Have you tryed this League with the 2019 League in it to see if like Paul Goldschmidt still says Drafted by Diamondbacks.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Thanks. Any plans for Teams in Florida? Have you tryed this League with the 2019 League in it to see if like Paul Goldschmidt still says Drafted by Diamondbacks.
Why would I try the 19 MLB in a 1921 quick-start named NoMLB?
Do you mean have I tested up to 2019? Paul will import into this league whatever year he debuted in the minors. As stated, this doesn’t use the Master dB data. My draft files included are designed to import from the MiLB dB.

The only history is for those in the initial pool from their pre ‘21 MLB time. From that point fwd, it makes its own history.

No plans for teams in FLA in 1921. You can change the teams as you wish once you create a league. I used the 3 dominant minor league plus a made up Central league using some bigger cities.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 08-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Very nice. Downloading it now. I had started a solo league on a similar premise - that MLB disbanded after the Black Sox scandal and minor leagues took over. I was going one step further in that I wanted 4 different drafts and would divide all of the future players up by region - so each draft class was split into 4 with western born players going to the PCL, southern to the Southern League, Midwest to the AA and eastern born players to the International League. I would then link the 4 leagues into an association to have a playoff. Never got it finished but this file of yours is a perfect substitute.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #7
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I've corrected a couple duplicate players and imported the Black Sox players into the initial draft pool.

Link in first post has been updated.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 08-05-2019 at 08:36 PM.