Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #21
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
Just curious, is there a way to see all the submitted issues by everyone? I couldn't find that but would be helpful to see what people are reporting like you used to be able within the support forum.
Thanks!
Answer: Nope.

I like the ticket system - kudo's to you guys on this and hopefully it will make it much easier for you to solve any game issues that arise.

That being said, what are the chances that users will get to see the support tickets submitted? I understand that from a business perspective you want to hide this stuff to avoid negative publicity, but without a usable technical support forum users have no way of knowing what game issues exist. This is especially challenging when a new patch comes out and decisions need to be made about when to move to a completely stable version of the game. Also, it seems to me that users would be able to submit better tickets if they were able to view the current outstanding tickets. If their issue was already listed they could add to the existing ticket instead of creating a new one (or simply not submit a ticket at all since the issue was already reported).
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
battists
Hall Of Famer

Making more changes to the support system is something that requires considerable additional thought and research - by all of the "usual suspects."

There are pluses and minuses to each way of doing it, and your points are valid. We'll consider your suggestion, but for now we're focused pretty heavily on just updating OOTP and preparing for the next product development cycle.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #23
kevin g
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Making more changes to the support system is something that requires considerable additional thought and research - by all of the "usual suspects."

There are pluses and minuses to each way of doing it, and your points are valid. We'll consider your suggestion, but for now we're focused pretty heavily on just updating OOTP and preparing for the next product development cycle.

you need to have people working for you who can talk to people who arent computer literate and make them understand how to do them in a normal persons terms not a computer IT guy.......ive got a constant problem where my game wont let me continue my season because it says i have a database from a priot version but yet ive been playing this game with ootp for weeks and now all of a sudden after i did the update of version patch nothing but problems and getting someone to help is a total hassle so basiclly ivce got a piece of junk wasted on my computer and a waste of money so not happy with this game right now have had nothing but problems since ive played it and im a long long time customer and never had a issue with any game until this 1 and at this point and after all of this hassle i dont think im going to ever buy another game again because once your game is down your out of luck if your not computer literate. How do I get a refund!!!!
kevin g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #24
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g View Post
you need to have people working for you who can talk to people who arent computer literate and make them understand how to do them in a normal persons terms not a computer IT guy.......ive got a constant problem where my game wont let me continue my season because it says i have a database from a priot version but yet ive been playing this game with ootp for weeks and now all of a sudden after i did the update of version patch nothing but problems and getting someone to help is a total hassle so basiclly ivce got a piece of junk wasted on my computer and a waste of money so not happy with this game right now have had nothing but problems since ive played it and im a long long time customer and never had a issue with any game until this 1 and at this point and after all of this hassle i dont think im going to ever buy another game again because once your game is down your out of luck if your not computer literate. How do I get a refund!!!!
Kevin, if you aren't computer literate, then maybe computer games aren't for you. Although I'm sure that they are willing to help, you shouldn't put the burden on OOTP to teach you the basics of pc usage. From your other thread, old timer said that he was willing to help you out through remote control of your computer. He's a trustworthy guy and this is a trustworthy company. If you won't learn how to use a computer and you won't let these people help you, then don't expect to raise a public fuss and get any sympathy from anyone else.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #25
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
you need to have people working for you who can talk to people who arent computer literate and make them understand how to do them in a normal persons terms not a computer IT guy
I think I can do a reasonably good job of working with someone who's not computer literate (I've done so many times before), but you kept getting ahead of me and didn't let me take you through it slowly, one step at a time.

Based on your last reply to your ticket, it's obvious something is seriously wrong, but I can't help you when you keep moving on and doing stuff without telling me until after you do it. Also, you didn't tell me some things until later and that made it harder for me to help.

I hope I don't sound unsympathetic - I am truly sorry about your bad experiences with the game of late and wish I could do more to help.

I'll have to ask someone else about the refund request since you're way past the refund period. They might issue it anyhow, but most other companies that I know of won't.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #26
kevin g
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Kevin, if you aren't computer literate, then maybe computer games aren't for you. Although I'm sure that they are willing to help, you shouldn't put the burden on OOTP to teach you the basics of pc usage. From your other thread, old timer said that he was willing to help you out through remote control of your computer. He's a trustworthy guy and this is a trustworthy company. If you won't learn how to use a computer and you won't let these people help you, then don't expect to raise a public fuss and get any sympathy from anyone else.

well i can use a computer but im not letting someone i dont know remote access my computer .........and for your information if your selling a game you shouldnt have to worry about fixing the glitches of the game that shouldnt be part of your problem when u buy a gamee you shoulndt have to worry about that that should be fixed ahead of time
kevin g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #27
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well i can use a computer but im not letting someone i dont know remote access my computer .........and for your information if your selling a game you shouldnt have to worry about fixing the glitches of the game that shouldnt be part of your problem when u buy a gamee you shoulndt have to worry about that that should be fixed ahead of time
All programs would ideally be bug free, but realistically, is this even possible? Virtually every program I use has some kind of problem, some of them quite serious. For example, Firefox crashes on me more than anything else even though it's very stable for most people I know.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #28
elmerlee
Minors (Triple A)

Mod edit to remove word filter bypass

Last edited by Tony M; 08-29-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: see post
elmerlee is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am trying to copy and paste registration number but it won't let me paste for some reason. I have installed OOTP11 on laptop as well as Desktop. It won't accept Number by typing it in so I need to copy and paste to a small external Drive to transfer it.
Hel please , I am an old computer dummy.

Bill
Bill Seiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
Tony M
Global Moderator

Hi Bill, have you filed a bug report (use the link in Old Timer's signature) - it's possible you're keying in the wrong code but we don't want codes posted in the forum. If you file a new ticket we'll be able to help you with it.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #31
elmerlee
Minors (Triple A)

OK - buy from someone who cares.
elmerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #32
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Tony ,I managed to get key sorted out .

Bill
Bill Seiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #33
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Help!!!

I am having serious withdrawal, its been two days without playing since the my game crashed... I put a ticket in an im trying to wait patiently but im getting restless..... My fictional baseball league crashes when I try and load it it says "loading database 5%" then crashes... and all of the other leagues I've tested with the game crashes when i receive a message and/or click on the message tab.
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #34
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

I got some help from Gary from Tech Support.. I can now happily play OOTP again. Thanks Tech Support
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #35
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshotsoftball View Post
I got some help from Gary from Tech Support.. I can now happily play OOTP again. Thanks Tech Support
Very helpful fellow, that Gary.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #36
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

It would be beneficial if the user could update the original ticket with additional comments and / or attachments. I couldn't see a way to do that.

A reply from an actual person would also be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #37
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
It would be beneficial if the user could update the original ticket with additional comments and / or attachments. I couldn't see a way to do that.

A reply from an actual person would also be appreciated.
Quoting myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
click View Tickets in the upper left corner of the screen. Then click on the name of the bug report you want to update. You'll get an overview of the bug report to date. Hit Post Reply to add additional info.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #38
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, didn't see the option when I viewed the ticket before.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #39
PaganSkipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lack of Support

I posted in the forums about a problem I was having importing an OOTP 10 league into OOTP 11. I never got a response. I then tried Technical Support. I got no reponse there either. I guess I won't be buying OOTP 12!
PaganSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #40
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I finally caved and bought OOTP 11. I'd had a 2 year layoff from OOTP because after OOTP 5, my games would always crap out after 2-6 months, then I'd come here for tech support where I'd rarely even get a reply. And version after version of OOTP would end up on the scrapheap until I finally ran out of patience and decided to go with Puresim for a while. Yeah, Puresim is an inferior game - but I know that when I start a league in it, I'll be able to play that league for as long as I like barring hardware failure.

Honestly, I'm skeptical about the idea of OOTP 11 still working for me in 6 months. But I bought it anyway because you guys finally seem to have gotten a system in place regarding help/tech support. The replies here look much less arrogant than they used to be, too. I just want it to be written somewhere that at least one customer does care about this stuff enough to not buy the game because of it, and after my past experiences, reliability and tech support is the number 1 factor affecting whether or not I'll buy future OOTP products. No amount of flashy features and deep statistics will keep me around if I'm not at least 99% sure that I can keep the game working.

So I'm very glad you've got this ticketing system in place. Hopefully it's taken seriously, that you guys will still give a crap about OOTP 11 users when OOTP 11 is no longer the newest version, and that I won't even need to use it because 11 will be so stable.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 02-23-2011 at 11:39 AM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote