Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #21
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
yea this one is a no go for me did 10 rounds all 10-10 scorecards tons of fouls (no point deductions) and ZERO punches landed.....sorry but just not impressed.
Hi Zyberian

I did this at first before I realised I wasn’t doing things correctly. The next action is usually highlighted in yellow, that’s why you were getting zero punches landed. Check out the video i have posted if you want.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #22
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
From the webpage:

"First download the program located below. Get the complete, feature-filled Title Bout II Computer Game at no cost and try it for FIVE DAYS."

Bold mine. COMPLETE tells me those few fighters are all that come with it even if you buy it. Now if others have a different definition of complete I'm okay with that, but I do believe (haven't purchased so don't know for sure) that these are all of the fighters that come with the game. Their pricing strategy appears to be to make the most on people buying card sets rather than the game, but again, could be wrong as that's just what it looks like to me.

And I still can't find any record keeping of any kind, and in fact, still don't really know what I'm doing other than clicking on the BAC tab to turn over new cards. There was no tutorial (that I could find) and no manual (that I could find) and so perhaps ALL of these problems I've listed are indeed merely a result of me just not knowing what I'm doing.... but it seems to me you shouldn't sell games that leaves paying (or potentially paying) customers in such a bind. Manuals/tutorials should be part of any game it seems to me.

This simple game leaves me frustrated every time I try to play it because all I'm doing is clicking on something with no clue as to what's happening. I'll finish a couple of rounds (all options on default, I never change anything until I know what I'm changing) and the "round scores" always just show 0-0 as if nothing happened during the entire rounds. Which from my point of view is accurate, because the only things I could "see" happening was me clicking on that BAC card every time.

I bought the boxed version and like it pretty well. I guess I'll have to stick with that. No way would I pay for this (unless I can somehow figure out what I'm doing wrong if I'm doing something wrong. It sure sounds to me like it's all on me but again, no manual, no tutorial..... are people supposed to mind read on how to play a computer game???)
There is a manual for both the board game and the pc game included in a drop down menu.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #23
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
Hi Zyberian

I did this at first before I realised I wasn’t doing things correctly. The next action is usually highlighted in yellow, that’s why you were getting zero punches landed. Check out the video i have posted if you want.
yea i saw that it helped but fact is way too many clicks to get something the way over the top clicks will turn off a LOT of people (including me)
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #24
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi OFG! I am writing this from my phone so I will try and recall as well as I can your post and your concerns. The game is a complete game in that the game itself is complete. It gives you a few fighters to work with during the trial period but when you purchase the game it comes with the Heavyweight division which i believe is over 100 fighters. You can buy additional divisions for $12 a set. Also, the game is complete in that you will never have to buy an upgrade. The game will automatically upgrade when improvements are made. So yes, it will be via the boxer sets that Straight Jab will be making its money. All of the weight divisions will be done but as of now, there are HW, LHW, MW and WW divisions available.

The rules of the game can be found in the help tab at the top of the screen. It is recommended that you read both in order to really understand appreciate the game mechanics.

Also, there is record keeping, rankings, quick play, and also text of the fight that can be exported. You can import 2 pictures for your fighter that will show up on the screen.

There is a lot of clicking on the screen but if you were playing the game manually this would be the same as flipping the boxing action cards. I like the suspense that this brings but it's not for everyone.

Also, the youtube video gives you a really good look at the game but the player is not exactly going through the game process correctly in regards to the control check. So be sure to read the rules.

The game is a bit buggy at the moment but the program is put together by Bill Salm and I'm certain that these will be addressed shortly. The man's reputation is pretty solid. I see this game getting better and better and Jim does take suggestions into consideration.
popimorenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:27 PM   #25
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
Here is a video of someone playing the PC version if it helps

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJUDmENg5c
Now I see. I just don't understand why retailers sell something like this without more guidance. I just kept flipping BAC cards and nothing was happening because it turns out you have to click on other places as well. Yet there was no pop-ups or tutorial telling you that.

Now that I see it "working" this does indeed look like a GREAT game to me. It takes the best playing the board version and, if record-keeping is indeed there and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then you're basically playing the board version and the computer is keeping records for you. And you can apparently edit and add new boxers (from the FAQ at their website).

This is PERFECT. I always like the "playing" the boxed version of the first one better than playing TBCB 2.0 or 2.5. With Title Bout II PC Version, you basically still get the suspense and fun of playing the boxed version with the ease and and editing ability of the computer record keeping.

I was so impressed watching the video I immediately purchased an unlock code and three divisions (Light Heavyweights, Middleweights, and Welterweights) only to discover....

I can't play the game. It says my 5 day trial is over (after not seeing anything to the game but flipping BAC cards I had uninstalled it) after reinstalling and trying to play tonight even though I had only actually played and had it installed ONE DAY.

And I searched everywhere for an "unlock code" and can't find it in my email I received or on the "thank you page" it took me to after purchase.

Very, VERY frustrating. I am excited, wanting to play, and can't.

Gonna demand a refund if I can't play by the time I go to bed tonight. I did NOT use my full 5 days, and I DID pay for an unlock code but don't have it.

This game is driving me nuts. I absolutely loved the boxed version (bought two sets, one for me and one for my 40 years old son) and was very disappointed with the PC version (only because I didn't know what I was doing) and then I see how to actually play and am very excited about the PC version and go and purchase the full registered version and then can't play because it says I used up my full 5 day trial period (even though I didn't) and don't have an unlock code despite spending over $70.

LOL, game is gonna make me pull out my last 8 hairs on my head.

Hopefully it gets fixed tonight.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:46 AM   #26
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OFG,
That is what I like about the game as well. It is basically playing the boardgame without having to deal without all of the record keeping. I love the suspense that comes with the BAC flips. And remember, the only time you do a control check is when the fighter currently in control loses control. This eliminates the need to continue doing BAC flips where nobody is in control. The unlock code for the game is coming. It usually takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours and will come in an email from Bill Salm. The reason the five day trial version was cut short on your machine is because you uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. I did the same thing. I ended up buying the game,which includes the Heavyweights, and received my unlock code within 24 hours. It may take up to 48 because Bill and Jim are the only ones who are processing the orders at this time.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #27
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

I ordered game last night with the middleweights, waiting on the code also. In the meantime, working on updating boxers photos as TB2 has a different naming process from old TB which I still play on occasion. I am looking forward to some retro matchups for sure. Thanks.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #28
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Oh man this game is GREAT. Thanks to all who helped me understand it better, that youtube video made all the difference in the world. I "thanked" everyone in the thread but also just wanted to say it to.

And I LOVE it. I like all the clicks, as I've said on these forums about the old TBCB PC games... I actually enjoyed playing the boxed version more as I was able to keep up with the action better and enjoyed the suspense. Same here. And then you get the added bonus of computer record keeping. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for in a boxing game. FINALLY !!!!!!

And to clarify on the number of boxers you receive when you purchase... yes, it is way, way, way more than the number of boxers in the trial version. It's only one division (Heavyweights) but it's way more of them.

My only complaint is the pricing. At $12.00 for each division, this game ends up being very, very expensive for just a text based sim. I'm not sure I'm going to buy any more divisions due to this, but I did purchase the three additional ones that are available right now so that I have a total of four (Heavyweights, Light Heavyweights, Middleweights, and Welterweights) and all 4 have LOADS of fighters in each division. PLUS, you can add your own.

This really is the boxing PC game I've been waiting for ever since I started playing the original board game back in the 70's or 80's (which I loved and did tournaments in all of the divisions... keeping records with paper and pen lol).

If you liked the original board game, and don't mind a lot of clicks, I highly recommend you give this a try. Plus, you can try it free for five days just to make sure you like it.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 11-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #29
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Just received my codes, have lots of fights planned. I am a retro guy, so many matches to relive. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #30
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Well, I have had the game for a bit now, and its amazing. I am having a blast , with the Middleweights and of course the Heavyweights. I am ordering the other two divisions shortly, I think lightweights will be coming soon. Anyone else have opinions?
Old 11-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #31
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
Well, I have had the game for a bit now, and its amazing. I am having a blast , with the Middleweights and of course the Heavyweights. I am ordering the other two divisions shortly, I think lightweights will be coming soon. Anyone else have opinions?

Big, so it's just old time fighters?

Any way to create current boxers like we can in our other game?
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:37 PM   #32
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

I know there are some current boxers in the heavy weights file, but I'm a retro guy so not sure about other divisions. On the Title Bout website under downloads, there are lists of boxers that are carded. Yes, you can create fighters with the editor fairly simple process as even I get it. Thanks for asking.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #33
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply - Big!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #34
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Your welcome.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #35
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is Sepia Warrior still around? It would be great if he could add additional cornermen, cutmen and referees to TB II Computer game.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #36
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

I'm glad to see that the attitude towards this game seemed to change once people understood how to play. It does take some getting used to...

It really is like playing the board game, and if you have played the TB II game you should have no issue jumping right in...

The trial is a bit misleading with the number of boxers included, but the full version comes with 200 heavyweights and the ability to edit and create your own boxers.

There is a very rudimentary record tracking system, hopefully with time this gets improved, but with the core game being what it is there isn't a ton to do there, so any updates are sure to bring some of the bells and whistles people desire.

The forty dollar price tag feels steep for such a simple game, but I can tell you I have already got my monies worth.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:12 PM   #37
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Tiger Fan View Post
I'm glad to see that the attitude towards this game seemed to change once people understood how to play. It does take some getting used to...

It really is like playing the board game, and if you have played the TB II game you should have no issue jumping right in...

The trial is a bit misleading with the number of boxers included, but the full version comes with 200 heavyweights and the ability to edit and create your own boxers.

There is a very rudimentary record tracking system, hopefully with time this gets improved, but with the core game being what it is there isn't a ton to do there, so any updates are sure to bring some of the bells and whistles people desire.

The forty dollar price tag feels steep for such a simple game, but I can tell you I have already got my monies worth.
I've not been on this section of the boards for years,BUT the more I play the game, the more it reminds me of playing the original board game from the Trunzos on Avalon Hill.

I have the Heavy's, Light Heavy's, Middleweights and Welterweights and after getting used to it after 3 bouts I can say that the game flows well and you do feel even more as if you at fight night.

I have done Honeyghan vs De LaHoya and that was a rough night for the "Raggamuffin" and it went the distance. With every punch ( a couple of clicks of the mouse) from Oscar I could feel the bad intentions behind his jab and wondered if he would land a big one! (HP 10) and marvelled at his jabs, combinations and ring movement. Even so, Honeyghan had enough power to make me think...with one flip of the card.....he could come back and win.

He didn't and lost badly.

Anyway, there is some sound which I like when a combination lands, even a sample of Mills Lane "punch and get out" when the boxer's clinch. This was an enjoyable fight to play through (I havnt figured out strategies yet) but the more I play the quicker I can do a bout. I am sure just before the fight starts there is a sample of Jimmy Lennon's "It's Showtime!" and crowd cheers throughout.

There are options to match randomly, Top 20 fighters, Top 10 fighters, or randomly match fighters. There is of course editing. ( I think I've worked how Jim does it on this version which is different to TBCB but TBCB database will help). It does have current fighters especially the heavyweights. I am sure "homebrews" will be available soon, Jim has stated that he may eventually release how he rates fighters)

I will say this now, easily the most I have enjoyed any version of the original game from the Trunzo's since the board game. At first glance it does look like legends of boxing which was on "tabletop sports" website for free, but that looks like it's been taken down.

The best description I can give the PC version of Title Bout 2 is that it is the board game ( with the suspense of flipping cards) wrapped up in a Legend of boxing coat. It is awesome! The rating of the fighters is similar the TBCB but has it's differences.

Essentially the computer does the hard work, really its Flip Card to see who has control then flip another to get a number that maps to the fighter cards (which adjust according to style, fatigue and strategy). Your essentially a director of the fight saying "Action!".

I don't think it will be long before I can redo my Prince Naseem Hamed vs Featherweight greats from 10 years ago! If you havn't already, try the game you will not regret it

Last edited by Dr.K; 11-22-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:57 PM   #38
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

If you buy the game, how many boxers are included? Does it include all the divisions, Cornerman, Judges, Referees, and updates of current boxers?
APBAgreat is offline   Reply With Quote