Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
thetruth26
Bat Boy

The user data folder can't be found

I downloaded the game and put my license # in and this message comes up when I load the game. It tells me to re-install the game and everytime I do reinstall and load the game this message comes up.

Need help!

Why am I getting "The user data folder can't be found" message?

Last edited by thetruth26; 06-28-2009 at 01:55 AM.
thetruth26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

The same thing happened to me. I've been playing it for a while with no problems on my desktop at home, but when I downloaded it on my work computer I get the same message and the game won't start. If anyone has a suggestion for this problem please let us know. Thanks.
zoomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
Tribecards
Bat Boy

The problem is that the USER folder location is hard-coded. So, you have to create a "My Documents" folder on your computer, even though your folder may actually be on a network drive. In "Documents and Settings," "your username," create a folder called "My Documents" Then, reinstall the game. it should work after that.

Now, if I can just find the manual since the link in the 'help' doc doesn't take you to the downloads for manuals and I cannot find the manual on the site. Yeesh. Well, what do you want for nothing?
Tribecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

I think they purposely put little bugs and crap in the free version so you would pull your hair out, finally give up and buy the most current version.
Oxydizer is offline   Reply With Quote