Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-31-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
mamckay
Bat Boy

Lose logos when restoring from backup

Not sure if this is the right forum to post to. I'm not new to the game but I don't think the issue is a "bug" per se. Anyways, whenever I restore a backup of my league, I seem to lose the logo's for most of my teams (but not all). I have to go back into all of the teams and manually select the team logos every time this happens. I am using a fictional league with community modded images. What directory does the computer use when searching for logo's when starting up? It was doing this in OOTP 18 and I was hoping that OOTP 19 would have resolved this problem but it hasn't. Am I doing something wrong? Is something corrupted in file which has transferred from 17 to 18 and now to 19. Can anybody explain what is happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mamckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamckay View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum to post to. I'm not new to the game but I don't think the issue is a "bug" per se. Anyways, whenever I restore a backup of my league, I seem to lose the logo's for most of my teams (but not all). I have to go back into all of the teams and manually select the team logos every time this happens. I am using a fictional league with community modded images. What directory does the computer use when searching for logo's when starting up? It was doing this in OOTP 18 and I was hoping that OOTP 19 would have resolved this problem but it hasn't. Am I doing something wrong? Is something corrupted in file which has transferred from 17 to 18 and now to 19. Can anybody explain what is happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
i always click on copy all files.....this is from the manual (18) .....
"About OOTP's Backup Process

The OOTP backup is incremental by default. That is, the first time you back up a league, it will take quite some time as it backs up each file in your saved game. However, for subsequent backups, it will only process files that have changed, making the backup process much faster. You can click the Copy All Files button to force OOTP to run a full backup.
Some of the folders OOTP uses for storing HTML files are not saved by incremental backups, including the following:
/news/html/coaches
/news/html/history
/news/html/leagues
/news/html/players
/news/html/reports
/news/html/teams
/news/html/temp

This is because OOTP creates those folders and files dynamically each time you visit those pages, so there is no need to save them, as OOTP will just recreate them again the next time you visit that page. If you're concerned about backing up the HTML reports, please use the Copy All Files option and run a full backup each time. Also be aware that if you copy files into those directories manually, such as if you have a special custom HTML file you created, those also will not be backed up unless you use Copy All Files."
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
mamckay
Bat Boy

Thanks mitchkenn.

This was helpful. Not sure I want to wait for a full backup each time. I guess I have to determine my priorities.

Does anybody understand how the program determines what logos to use? In other words, does it look in a certain directory for a logo and if it doesn't find one, creates no logo at all? I guess it seems strange to me that instead of creating a random logo, it just leaves the logo blank. Seems like it always used to come up with something even if it was just a letter with a fancy font bordered by a baseball diamond or something.
mamckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

How do you restore a backup? I click the restore file, create a new folder, put the restore file in the new folder, but when I go to load the restored backup, its not there? I must be either misunderstanding or missing something.
millhousebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousebc View Post
How do you restore a backup? I click the restore file, create a new folder, put the restore file in the new folder, but when I go to load the restored backup, its not there? I must be either misunderstanding or missing something.
check this link from RchW: great write up (starting at post 5) on how to create a back-up and restore. hope it helps.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...97#post4084018
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 04-18-2018 at 10:56 AM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you only need a "full copy" backup if it's a new directory.

as long as you don't change the name of that backup directory or backup to a new location you shouldn't have to do that. incremental is the way to go... most will never encounter the situation unless you actively do something to require a full backup

the first time(automatically a ful copy) or after those types of events, a full copy is needed. the latter you'll have to determine and check the box when you need to.

one note about incremental -- you only lose asthetic stuff -- box scores, news, injury history during that "gap" of time before last backup, but not player stats or league history etc... you records and player history are safe.. news messages and injury information not so much.

getting logos back... are they located in teh default "data" directory for Logos and named to fit city/team etc? (if not, simply look in the logo or ballcap directory andn mimic the name structure you see.. years may not be necessary.. city name or nickname may be enough too.. use city/nick as you see in those directories and it should be enough and avoid potential issues of redundancy of the file name)

if so, very easy: when loading your league there is a check box to do a full logo re-check etc... (roughly those words, only 1 checkbox visible, if i recall.. that one!)

if not, i'd rename them and drop them into the ..\data\logos (or data\ballcaps, etc) directories before you load and then check that box.

always keep your custom files in a second 'safe' location as well as the data\.. directories.

(if i said 'default', NOT the default_data directories.. those are archives and not used except to restor default data -- "Data" directory that contains default stuff used when creating a league or auto-loading logos and such)

Last edited by NoOne; 04-18-2018 at 11:50 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote