Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Park suggestions for Baseball Heaven project?

Folks, I mentioned various teams for that project, and I was looking to see what you thought might be suitable enough home parks for said teams. I also mentioned several possibilities for them, but some of them might have multiple versions for them and/or names, of course.

What parks might you each recommend for possible use, given the players listed on team's potential rosters? The teams in question are as follows, and I want to use different parks for each, if possible:

National League:

Boston Braves
Brooklyn Dodgers
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
New York Giants
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St Louis Cardinals

American League:

Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees
Philadelphia Athletics
St. Louis Browns
Washington Senators

Federal League:

Chicago Whales
Florida Marlins
Milwaukee Brewers
Montreal Expos
New Jersey Generals
New York Mets
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Toronto Blue Jays

Continental League:

Arizona Diamondbacks
California Angels
Colorado Rockies
Houston Astros (Colt .45's)
Kansas City Royals
San Diego Padres
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers

For game purposes, at least, I have the Generals located in Newark, New Jersey, but don't have a stadium for them. I don't want the Cubs and Whales to share Weeghman/Wrigley, so one of the two will have to have a different park as their home park, of course.

New Jersey's home park should ideally have a retractable roof, manicured grass, average foul area, altitude of 13 feet, and a maximum capacity of 40,624, normally. I'd call it Generals Fortress, I think.

Its dimensions, at least as of 1901, I'd envision as 341 to left field line, 370 to left, 405 to left center, 423 to center, 409 to right center, 372 to right, and 339 to right field line, with wall heights at 15 on the lines, 16 in left and right, 14 in left and right center, and 13 in center. Apparently, if I read the park factors correctly enough, it seems it may strongly favor pitchers. Those factors are average LHB 0.945, average RHB 0.943, Doubles 1.184, Triples 1.044, Home Runs LHB 0.714, and Home Runs RHB 0.712, it seems.

Mow Pattern should be Starburst, with no pitching lane, no distance markers, and with on-deck circles on, ideally, at least at first, if possible.

Stadium should possibly have at least a few touches reminiscent of Ebbets Field, Sportsman's Park, and maybe Angel Stadium, but still have a largely New Jersey feel to it, with big ad boards like those often seen in older ballparks, for instance. Perhaps there could be structures beyond the walls representing Continental Army soldiers, as well, or something?

Can't wait to see what home parks you might suggest for each team here, folks. Hopefully, your suggestions will work quite well if I'll be able to include them for various teams related to this project. If not the proposed Generals Fortress for the Generals, then what park might you each recommend for them given the potential players on their roster or rosters? Please advise, if and when you like. Thank you, then, everyone. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
neugey
All Star Reserve

I'm not much of an expert on this topic but surprised Baltimore (Camden Yards) isn't listed.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Baltimore and Camden Yards are not currently listed in the related threads because the Browns are going to be present, and so therefore, at least for this project's MLB starting teams, the Baltimore Orioles will not be present. That does not mean, however, that the Orioles will not necessarily be present in the related overall baseball universe at some point, whether it's as a member of a different league or a future expansion team for MLB.

Because that is the case, many players who you will have heard of from the Orioles' current history in Baltimore, at least, will be listed as part of the Browns, at least at first. However, there may be players on the Browns who may not have actually played much with the Browns and/or Orioles, for instance, for various reasons. I will guarantee, in any case, that Cal Ripken and Brooks Robinson, to name two, will be part of the Brown.

So any other comments, folks? Would really like to read your suggestions for potential home parks for the listed teams, then, as soon as possible. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 04-15-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Any suggestions at all for parks the above teams could use as their starting home stadiums, people? Please respond soon, if and when you like and can. Thank you. CD out.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:00 PM   #5
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Still waiting for home ballpark-related suggestions for various teams here, folks. I'd really like to get more done for the related project or projects here, as soon as possible, et cetera. But I still don't know which parks might be best here for certain teams, whether they're quite historically-based, semi-fictional, or quite fictional teams, for sure, in various leagues/saved games.

So please feel free to suggest parks I might use for the related team or teams here, if and when you like, then. Thank you. CD out.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #6
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Bump. Someone please respond, if and when you like and can. Thank you in advance if you do, folks. Won't likely be able to proceed further without your input, or at least not as much as I might want or need to, et cetera, I think. CD out.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post

National League:

Boston Braves Braves field
Brooklyn Dodgers Ebbets
Chicago Cubs Wrigley 1938
Cincinnati Reds Crosley or GAB
New York Giants Polo
Philadelphia Phillies Citizen
Pittsburgh Pirates PNC
St Louis Cardinals Turf Old Busch

American League:

Boston Red Sox Modern Fenway
Chicago White Sox 1986 Old Comiskey
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Stadium
Detroit Tigers Tiger
New York YankeesOld Yankee II
Philadelphia Athletics Shibe
St. Louis Browns Sportsman
Washington Senators Griffith

Federal League:

Chicago Whales Baker Bowl
Florida Marlins Joe Robbie
Milwaukee Brewers Miller
Montreal Expos Lablatt
New Jersey Generals There a new guy that has inferno Park
New York Mets Shea
Tampa Bay Devil Rays Trop
Toronto Blue Jays Skydome

Continental League:

Arizona Diamondbacks Someone has a new Phoenix park
California Angels The Big A
Colorado Rockies Coors
Houston Astros (Colt .45's) Astrodome
Kansas City Royals Kauffman
San Diego Padres Petco
Seattle Mariners Safeco
Texas Rangers Texas stadium
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:57 AM   #8
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Could you perhaps explain your suggestions for certain teams' home parks as you listed them above, in relation to the players listed already in a related thread, for my Baseball Heaven project, the Game, please? I'm just curious, you see.

As for New Jersey, their home city will be Newark, New Jersey, it seems. Why Inferno Park, which is supposedly in Calgary, Alberta, in someone's fictional league, for example, for them as a potential home park?

Don't know all that much about the proposed Labatt Park, but why not Olympic Stadium in Montreal, for the Expos? Just wondering, that's all.

When you say Old Yankee Stadium II, do you mean the one that closed in 2008 or the one that opened in 2009, if memory serves? Please clarify.

Which Busch Stadium version do you mean in particular for the Cardinals? You're not clear enough just yet here, I think.

Feel free to answer these questions at your leisure, if and when you like and can, The Game, of course. CD out.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:48 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Could you perhaps explain your suggestions for certain teams' home parks as you listed them above, in relation to the players listed already in a related thread, for my Baseball Heaven project, the Game, please? I'm just curious, you see.

As for New Jersey, their home city will be Newark, New Jersey, it seems. Why Inferno Park, which is supposedly in Calgary, Alberta, in someone's fictional league, for example, for them as a potential home park?

Don't know all that much about the proposed Labatt Park, but why not Olympic Stadium in Montreal, for the Expos? Just wondering, that's all.

When you say Old Yankee Stadium II, do you mean the one that closed in 2008 or the one that opened in 2009, if memory serves? Please clarify.

Which Busch Stadium version do you mean in particular for the Cardinals? You're not clear enough just yet here, I think.

Feel free to answer these questions at your leisure, if and when you like and can, The Game, of course. CD out.
I like unique stadiums. Stadiums with quirky dimensions or cool features. Where the orginal park is at does not matter in OOTP. I use Chase Field in what is basically Charleston, SC in my EBL league and use Joe Robbie in basically Dallas. I also have a version of Wrigley with no wind in Atlantis.
Old Yankee as in the version that is now closed
1980's old Busch that was a turf field.
Lablatt
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...7&postcount=54
because it looks cooler then Olympic.
by the way i said Baker Bowl for the Whales but i really mean arsenal Park which Silvam redid for me. i upped capacity up to 29,000
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...5&postcount=52

"Stay Strong"

Old 08-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #10
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Busch II? From before or after the football Cardinals left? If that one, will the arches at the top of the stadium possibly be visible at times or not during played-out games?

So if I use a park from another place for a team's stadium, like you suggested for the Generals, do I just need to change the city for weather-related purposes? Just wondering, that's all.

Hope you can answer these questions soon. CD out.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Busch II? From before or after the football Cardinals left? If that one, will the arches at the top of the stadium possibly be visible at times or not during played-out games?

So if I use a park from another place for a team's stadium, like you suggested for the Generals, do I just need to change the city for weather-related purposes? Just wondering, that's all.

Hope you can answer these questions soon. CD out.
Silvams Busch 1985. As far as the arches IDK?

If you have the weather set for a city, the park you use doesnt matter. Some parks will still play out as they do IRL, like Coors but putting Wrigley in a dome will make it a bit harder to hit a HR in.
Attached Images

"Stay Strong"

Old 08-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #12
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

What might be the closest park, dimensions-wise, to the following dimensions I have in mind for a potential home park where the New Jersey Generals could play as of 1901? Whether real or fictional, perhaps?

New Jersey's home park should ideally have a retractable roof, manicured grass, average foul area, altitude of 13 feet, and a maximum capacity of 40,624, normally. I'd call it Generals Fortress, I think.

Its dimensions, at least as of 1901, I'd envision as 341 to left field line, 370 to left, 405 to left center, 423 to center, 409 to right center, 372 to right, and 339 to right field line, with wall heights at 15 on the lines, 16 in left and right, 14 in left and right center, and 13 in center. Apparently, if I read the park factors correctly enough, it seems it may strongly favor pitchers. Those factors are average LHB 0.945, average RHB 0.943, Doubles 1.184, Triples 1.044, Home Runs LHB 0.714, and Home Runs RHB 0.712, it seems.

Mow Pattern should be Starburst, with no pitching lane, no distance markers, and with on-deck circles on, ideally, at least at first, if possible.

Stadium should possibly have at least a few touches reminiscent of Ebbets Field, Sportsman's Park, and maybe Angel Stadium, but still have a largely New Jersey feel to it, with big ad boards like those often seen in older ballparks, for instance. Perhaps there could be structures beyond the walls representing Continental Army soldiers, as well, or something?

Just curious, that's all. I've tried looking in the list of stadiums that Silvam has done, at least, but I'm not sure just which stadium or stadiums would be the best potential candidates for modifying to be as close to possible as what I'd like to see here, if possible, just yet. Any suggestions, folks?

Thank you for your time and attention, then, everyone. CD out.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #13
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Bumping this thread again, for my last question was not likely answered here, I think. CD out.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:04 AM   #14
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Bumping related to my Generals Fortress-related request(s), and also adding information for another park I may eventually want created in 3D, if possible.

The park I have in mind would be called Gatekeepers Field, located in Columbia, Missouri, USA, and it should be an open park, with manicured grass,an average foul area, be at 758 feet altitude, and have a seating capacity of 41,562.

Its starting dimensions should be 327 feet down the left field line, 319 to left, 448 to left center, 404 to center, 455 to right center, 323 to right, and 338 down the right field line, with wall heights at 28, 27, 16, 20, 13, 12, and 11 feet respectively.

Park factors evidently work out to 1.012 for LHB batting average, 1.035 for RHB, doubles at 1.240, triples at 1.041, HRLHB to 1.050, and HRRHB t0 1.054.

Temperature and precipitation details are as the game has them for Columbia, Missouri, evidently. Along with any other weather-related information to Columbia, Missouri, that the game has for that place in it, of course.

Mow pattern should be standard, along with no pitching lane, no distance markers, and also on-deck circles should be on.

I'd like the 3D version or versions of this park to have more of a middle to late 1960's to middle 1980's feel to it or them, where and when possible, please, as well. Nothing reminiscent, at least for the most part, of the 1930's or earlier, though, I think, at the very earliest, and certainly not anything that looks much newer than the early to middle 1990's,then, please.

For colors and all, please check for my recent posts related to the Gatekeepers, if and when you like, folks. I don't necessarily need this park right way, but if anyone could help me out by creating it for me, I'd really appreciate it for sure. Thanks in advance if anyone might be interested in trying to design a park such as I am now describing here.

Well, that's enough for now here, I think. IF any or all of you have any questions, please let me know, and I'll get to them as soon as I can, for sure, if possible. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 08-10-2019 at 04:04 PM.