Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
Danovar
Bat Boy

Question on adjusting total league modifers for year (wondering if there is a con to this)

I been playing for couple years but when I first got into game I was on reddit asked few questions and one thing people said was at day before season opening to "Adjust total league modifiers". I never really put much thought into it I just took advice and been rolling with it. I guess now it automatically happens by default setting.

I been doing this since been playing and I am now 8 years into my newest game. I am adjusting to year 2018.

Something has happened though made me think about auto adjusting and if it is actually something should be doing.

Two drafts ago a crazy good prospect showed up. I thought was scout mistake so turned on 100% accuracy in scouting (normally don't use this), turned on 1-20 ratings, and also changed show potential to actual. Hands down best player ever seen.

Everything is 20 to 24 potential batting (other than avoid K's which is 15/10 with actual potential being showed so he will decease there) and at 19 years old he is already 80% developed (Even now would be best player I got in league if he didn't progress further). On top of that has high work ethic, intelligence, and durable.

Only downside is he is slow as dirt but has great infield error so will make for great first baseman.

Made me think of something though.

Using total league modifiers am I actually going to hurt this player? I am using this player as example. He could with his contact/gap/power top mark mcgwire's single home run record without the roids lol.

Using the modifiers set to 2018 is it even possible for him to do so?

Which made me also think.

Stealing obviously isn't what it use to be but what if in next draft get someone along the lines of Rickey Henderson (for sake of saying even BETTER at stealing). With using 2018 stats recalculated he won't match Henderson's steal rate.

A lot of examples of this.

So question is this. Am I not fully understanding recalculation? Or am I holding certain players back by actually using it.

If remember correctly I was told that if I didn't recalc my leagues totals would get very crazy. Now this was I believe ootp 2017 so things might have changed (or memory hazy)

I guess you could say I am not sure if I should be recalculating or not.

Likely I am not understanding it tbh maybe someone could clarify? Again, this years ago so my understanding of it might be off.

Anyone up for clarifying this up for me? Like said never ran anything wayyyyyy into the future.

Edit: horrible grammar clean up
Danovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #2
Mat
All Star Reserve

You are not hurting the player, he will still be the best in the league. You are just effecting what his limits are.

For example, if set to 2018 modifiers/settings he might only hit 45-50 HRs.
If 2001 modifiers/settings he might 70 HRs.

I dont think too many understand how the re-calc works. It depends how you play but if your modifiers are not changing year to year and the player creation modifiers are not changing, I do not believe it is necessary to re-calc every year. In fact if you do, the stats will be very close year to year. Too close IMO.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Danovar
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
You are not hurting the player, he will still be the best in the league. You are just effecting what his limits are.

For example, if set to 2018 modifiers/settings he might only hit 45-50 HRs.
If 2001 modifiers/settings he might 70 HRs.

I dont think too many understand how the re-calc works. It depends how you play but if your modifiers are not changing year to year and the player creation modifiers are not changing, I do not believe it is necessary to re-calc every year. In fact if you do, the stats will be very close year to year. Too close IMO.
Ok makes sense. I wish there was a way of players skill reflecting their true skill in terms of baseball as a whole. I mean you get someone fast as cheetah be nice for them to be able to break records of someone that was fast as a um...hare? Sorry too tired for jokes lol.

How often would you suggest one actually run auto recalc?

Issue worried about with this I want long league history but don't want to mess up records and so forth with auto calc (or lack of using it)
Old 01-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Danovar, I don't know if this will answer your question, but it is an excellent thread on League Modifiers.

Hope it helps you understand the process.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307502
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #5
Danovar
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Danovar, I don't know if this will answer your question, but it is an excellent thread on League Modifiers.

Hope it helps you understand the process.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307502
Ok now this makes more sense to me thanks a bunch for the information.

This makes using my future years much easier and to plan. Thanks again!