Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:56 PM   #81
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Second time PL champs! ftp!!!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:56 PM   #82
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

First time PL champs! ftp!!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #83
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
After adding your team, I noticed they're 3rd in total championships in all of PT. What have we done?! Those LyinCheatin Senators will be the end of us all!
Ha, suckered you right in! J/K, if we lined up all 4 teams mine is certainly not any better than the other 3 in the group. Sens rarely score over 950 runs, even rarer to have 500+ RDiff, and their win pct is way lower than nearly everyone else with a bunch of wins on that page you're looking at there. I'd guess I have the fewest number of perfects between the 4 of us too.

This should be a pretty challenging week, I expect we'll have a few other really good random teams this week with us. I hope they're all in y'alls division tho!

Be sure we all double check the PT settings and make sure it's set to Use Friends List.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:08 PM   #84
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Flint going for their 1st title, if they don't get it this time they surely will soon. They're a fairly new team, this is just their 6th season in PL. Their roster is pretty strong, they've added a ton of guys over the past 2-3 weeks.
Flint wins their 1st PL title in a sweep over Brooklyn. Looking at their roster, they were hardly an underdog; but it's still great they got their 1st one.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #85
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

The Tassie Thunder threepeat didn't happen, but we didn't miss out the way I expected. We navigated our way out of the Conference of death, which included a 4-1 conference series win over the 19 Perfect title Everitt Acua Sox, but fell at the final hurdle to the Los Angeles Dodgers..sigh. So Congrats to them on their second title
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #86
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P433: We Are All Tenants of the Slumlords

In the end, P433 is owned by the Slumberton Slumlords, who claimed their 10th (!!!) PL title with a 4-2 Perfect League Series win over the Pittsburgh RedSox. Congrats to team owner Vasherized! I'm disappointed the Red Raiders couldn't make it to the series to face Slumberton; hopefully, we'll meet again in a future Perfect League!

Huntley's Ozzie Smith won his second Great Glove in 3 seasons, and, fresh off his batting title, George Brett took home his seventh Platinum Stick. Otherwise, it was a quiet award season for the Red Raiders.

Fun "viva la baseball playoffs" trivia: the Red Raiders have now won 130+ games 3 times. Once, we lost in the Division Series; once, we lost in the Sub-League Series; and once, we lost in the Perfect League Series. Chronologically, Huntley Perfect League champions won 111, 109, 112, 125, 124, and 121 regular season games. As soon as someone figures out the baseball playoffs, please let me know--the only predictable thing is their unpredictability.

Congrats to all 2057 champions, and here's to 2058, in which the Red Raiders foolishly agreed to become friends with multiple 2057 championship-winning teams...this should be a lot of fun!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #87
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
The Tassie Thunder threepeat didn't happen, but we didn't miss out the way I expected. We navigated our way out of the Conference of death, which included a 4-1 conference series win over the 19 Perfect title Everitt Acua Sox, but fell at the final hurdle to the Los Angeles Dodgers..sigh. So Congrats to them on their second title

Wow, you knocked off quite the whale there in Everett! Congratulations on that - that in itself is quite the achievement. But sorry you fell short after that.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:35 PM   #88
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
After adding your team, I noticed they're 3rd in total championships in all of PT. What have we done?! Those LyinCheatin Senators will be the end of us all!
Geez, old timer!

Next thing you'll be inviting in the Magpies and Bronx Bombers and their ilk.

We lowly single-digit PL champs have to stick together, you know.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:42 PM   #89
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
The Tassie Thunder threepeat didn't happen, but we didn't miss out the way I expected.

A few of us (4 to be precise) are going to be in the same league for a season or two (we're all mini-whales) so I just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to join us. If you do, add JasonC23's Red Raiders, waittilnextyear's Fighting Frogs, pappyzan's LyinCheatin Senators and my (jenazu) Raccoons.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:52 PM   #90
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
A few of us (4 to be precise) are going to be in the same league for a season or two (we're all mini-whales) so I just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to join us. If you do, add JasonC23's Red Raiders, waittilnextyear's Fighting Frogs, pappyzan's LyinCheatin Senators and my (jenazu) Raccoons.
And post here if you're interested so we can add you to our lists.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:06 AM   #91
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

The Warbirds were down 6-0 in game 6 (elimination game) and scored 7 in the bottom of the 9th to force game 7.

Gooden for the Warbirds vs Keefe.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:42 AM   #92
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
The Warbirds were down 6-0 in game 6 (elimination game) and scored 7 in the bottom of the 9th to force game 7.

Gooden for the Warbirds vs Keefe.
Warbirds lose at home by giving up 1 in the 9th and 1 in the 10th.

Pedro with his 3rd blown save and 3rd loss of the playoffs.
For some reason Mariano only pitched one inning in the playoffs. Note he was on a cold streak.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:00 AM   #93
lencombs
All Star Reserve

Whew!! Game 7 WS win! First Diamond Series. Was 3rd from bottom in league standings 1 month in, turned it around like the Nationals this year.
Attached Images

lencombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:03 AM   #94
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Done. Thanks for the invite Some tough teams
Old 12-23-2019, 01:26 AM   #95
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Wow, you knocked off quite the whale there in Everett! Congratulations on that - that in itself is quite the achievement. But sorry you fell short after that.
I think the boys knocked off the Sox and then party time. They were all hungover for the World Series
Old 12-23-2019, 02:12 AM   #96
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

So far we have the following teams friending each other for a little "OL Lite" action next week:

LyinCheatin Senators (pappyzan): 4392-1767 (.713), 37 playoffs, 19 championships

Evergreen Forest Raccoons (jenazu): 4311-2008 (.682), 34 playoffs, 11 championships

Huntley Red Raiders (JasonC23): 4365-1954 (.691), 37 playoffs, 8 championships

Tassie Thunder (Jackgoboom): 4125-2195 (.653), 34 playoffs, 10 championships

La Crosse Fighting Frogs (waittilnextyear): 3942-2379 (.624), 32 playoffs, 8 championships

Looks like I will have my work cut out for me as the small fish...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #97
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
So far we have the following teams friending each other for a little "OL Lite" action next week:
The OL you say?
Attached Images

Last edited by pappyzan; 12-23-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #98
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
The OL you say?

Oh no, that's too funny. But not for those OL teams, I guess.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #99
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Oh no, that's too funny. But not for those OL teams, I guess.
Nah, most of those OL teams will do really well regardless of the competition. Some really good OL teams in there, they'll be fine.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #100
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm still flabbergasted why I couldn't win my division last week after winning 8 of 9 great bat awards, but the postseason was the easiest I've had in a long time (only 2 losses).

Name:  platinum.PNG
Views: 96
Size:  249.6 KB

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote