Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #61
Magus978
All Star Starter

Remember when I punted the season mid-week? Those were the days...

The players didn't get the memo. Steelport won their wildcard game, then knocked off the top seed Bagram Bombers in 4 games in the divisional round, then swept the cinderella Redwood Loons in 4 straight.

In order for the Magus Curse to finally die, they must find a way to knock off the 6-time PL champion La Crosse Fighting Frogs. The Saints will be a huge underdog, but with nothing to lose, can they channel a little more magic and bring a first perfect league championship home to Third Street?

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 12-22-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #62
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Ahem...
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #63
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Made several subs before the big series.

OUT: 99 Rickey Henderson, 87 Garry Maddox, 90 Lance Parrish, 96 David Wright, 93 Snuffy Stirnweiss

IN: 99 Yogi Berra, 97 Willie Randolph, 98 Sherry Magee, 98 Cesar Cedeno, 100 Christian Yelich

I'll be either a genius or an idiot.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #64
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Ahem...
This is the matchup I feared, having lost the season series 4-2. Steelport are heavy underdogs, but if the Magus Curse is to die, we're gonna have to find a way to get it done.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #65
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P433: The Wrong Time for a 4-Game Losing Streak

After Huntley took the first 2 games of the Sub-League Series at home, the Pittsburgh RedSox rallied in impressive fashion, taking all 3 home games and then finishing off the Red Raiders back in Huntley. With the 4-2 series win, the RedSox face the Slumberton Slumlords, who needed all 7 games to overcome a valiant effort by the Philadelphia Legends and reach the Perfect League Series.

Good luck to Pittsburgh, going for Perfect League title number 4, and Slumberton, going for one for the other thumb, ie, title number 10!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #66
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
This is the matchup I feared, having lost the season series 4-2. Steelport are heavy underdogs, but if the Magus Curse is to die, we're gonna have to find a way to get it done.
Eh, underdogs perhaps. But it's closer to a tossup in my opinion. You've been pretty aggressively improving this team, bringing in 100 Hank Aaron, Brouthers, 100 Eckersley, 98 Kevin Brown, 100 Gaylord Perry, and 98 Dick Allen to bolster what started the week as a very good team already.

It'll come down to RNG, which I'm sure makes neither of us very comfortable.

Old 12-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #67
Magus978
All Star Starter

As I suspected, the gulf in class is really just too much to overcome. La Crosse dominant en route to a 2-0 series lead heading to Steelport, with the Saints looking like children trying to fight Hulk Hogan.

Some are destined for greatness, others are destined to be the entertaining also-ran. Think it's safe to say I fall into the second tier.

Old 12-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #68
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons won the LCS 4-2, but didn't look very impressive again. I sure hope our pitching does better (the hitting's been great) in the WS. Speaking of the WS, we'll be meeting Lukas' Nice team who are looking for their 1st perfect championship. Good luck to Nice and everyone else still in it.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #69
lencombs
All Star Reserve

What is your biggest in season comeback to win promotion or the Series? After 1 month I was 6 1/2 games back, 3rd worst record in the whole league on pace for demotion, and am in the Diamond Series Final tonight. I didn't make any roster moves either, spent all my points in the off season.This is my 12th season, started late this year.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

lencombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:44 PM   #70
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Flint going for their 1st title, if they don't get it this time they surely will soon. They're a fairly new team, this is just their 6th season in PL. Their roster is pretty strong, they've added a ton of guys over the past 2-3 weeks.
Attached Images
Image Image 
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #71
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencombs View Post
What is your biggest in season comeback to win promotion or the Series?
I don't know, but I did blow a 7.5 game lead to finish as the wild card team. With 10 games to go, I had a 3 game lead and faced my chief rival, the Pine Tar Pirates in a 4 game series. Up to that point, I had a series lead of 8-7, but lost all 4 games and ended up 2 back because my rival finished on a 15 game winning streak. All was made good in the Division Series, however.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #72
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I've got a little virtual popcorn out for this one...

I'm not rooting for either team...just curious to see how it goes.

Who's playing?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 09:08 PM   #73
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Yeah, I've got a little virtual popcorn out for this one...

I'm not rooting for either team...just curious to see how it goes.

Who's playing?
La Crosse Fighting Frogs vs Steelport Saints

La Crosse lead series 3-1 and can essentially put the Saints away anytime they want. This whole being stuck in the 0 PL title club thing depresses me big time. Just not enough quality to beat the best teams.

Last edited by Magus978; 12-22-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #74
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:

La Crosse lead series 3-1 and can essentially put the Saints away anytime they want. This whole being stuck in the 0 PL title club thing depresses me big time. Just not enough quality to beat the best teams.
Who are the star players for the teams?

Ain't over 'til it's over...three wins in a row and you can put that club to bed.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #75
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:

Doesn't seem that comfortable of a 3-1 lead to me.

Especially after Coveleski gave away game 3, in which these Frogs led 5-1. Coveleski has been especially bad on my tournament teams, so hopefully that funk isn't seeping into regular PT mode.

If we can't get 1 more win behind Ruffing, Smoltz, and then Walsh, then we've truly been beaten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Who are the star players for the teams?

Ain't over 'til it's over...three wins in a row and you can put that club to bed.
Both teams are pretty much loaded with star players. I will say that my 100 Barry Bonds is playing more like a 40 Barry Bonds. He's 2 for his last 36, with a .069 playoff batting average!

Old 12-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #76
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Lead changes in baseball can be so dramatic. It's one of my favorite things about the sport.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #77
Magus978
All Star Starter

It's over. Steelport have died in 5 games. Think I was onto something when I talked about being an entertaining also-ran.

Congrats on the 7th title, wish we could have put up some sort of resistance. Maybe in PT21 I'll win one of these.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #78
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs were able to win PL title #7, sealing the series on the road in 5 games. Red Ruffing put the cherry on his Pitcher of the Year sundae as the winning pitcher in the 4-2 series clincher. After having an uncharacteristically poor start against K.P. in the Division Series, Ruffing reeled off 3 consecutive QS en route to the title. Frog pitchers in general were pretty stellar; K.P. was held to 13 runs in 5 games, Dokdo Might Actually Be Part Of Japan was held to 7 runs in 4 games, and the Steelport Saints scored 16 runs in 5 games. So, the Frogs gave up 36 runs in 14 postseason games, while scoring 88 times.

SE Richie Ashburn was the little engine that could. And did. After playing beautifully in CF and as the team's leadoff batter, Ashburn batted .500 in the postseason and took home PL Series MVP honors. Last minute additions to the PL Series roster did pretty well overall: Yelich (.359), Magee (.389), Berra (.429), Cedeno (.600), Gilliam (.188), Allen (.200). Although I am getting the feeling that this 98 SE Dick Allen card is going to be a love/hate, mostly hate, type of relationship. He'll get all next week to prove me wrong...

Other honors: 100 Trevor Hoffman continues the Frogs' dominant string of Reliever of the Year winners (eight winners out of the last nine years). 100 Bonds and SE Appling win Great Bats at DH and 3B. Ed Walsh and Cal Ripken Jr. win Great Gloves at P and 1B. From a PP standpoint, it was very mediocre at 22.5K PP earned. No gold achievements at all, save for the final end-of-year PP boost.

Quote:
It's over. Steelport have died in 5 games. Think I was onto something when I talked about being an entertaining also-ran.

Congrats on the 7th title, wish we could have put up some sort of resistance. Maybe in PT21 I'll win one of these.
Fortunately for me, the reverse jinxing of your team didn't work in the PL Series. But, I never felt comfortable, even when up 3-1. Your team is good and at the risk of sounding patronizing, it's really only a matter of time before they break through. It's a PL-title-winning caliber of roster now. Maybe could use just one more horse in the starting rotation, but the SE Luke Appling/Dan Brouthers/POTM Cody Bellinger/Josh Gibson/100 Hank Aaron/100 Dennis Eckersley/99 Walter Johnson/99 Greg Maddux/99 Harry Brecheen portion is really end game quality.

Congrats on a fine season. I'm sure you'll be right back in the hunt next week.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #79
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I'd like to join for a week or two. Add Pappyzan as a friend.

After adding your team, I noticed they're 3rd in total championships in all of PT. What have we done?! Those LyinCheatin Senators will be the end of us all!
Old 12-22-2019, 10:50 PM   #80
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons got their 9th! Our pitching sucked in the DS and LCS, but we outscored Nice 15-5 in 4 games in the WS. So our offense saved us in the two previous playoff rounds, then it went cold (well, sort of) and our pitching saved us. Nice!

We got multiple awards, including:
MVP: Ruth (his 4th)
Pitcher of the Year: Keefe (5th time)
Reliever of the Year: Seaver (6th time)
Great Bats: 6 total! All 3 of our OFs, Suzuki, Mays, Robinson plus Boggs, Appling and Ruth.
We also had 10 all-stars, another Raccoons record.
Ruth won the HR title, Schilling got the most wins and Keefe got the ERA crown.

We also earned our most PP ever at 39k. The tougher competition next year will no doubt cool us off quite a bit, but I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by old timer; 12-22-2019 at 11:00 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote