Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Steam Users - Please review OOTP 18 on Steam!

Dear Steam users,

we would be very grateful if you could take a minute and write a short (or long if you prefer ) review of OOTP 18 on Steam. We depend highly on a good user score, so we're very happy about all the help we can get in this regard.

Here is the OOTP Steam page:
http://store.steampowered.com//app/465650

Thank you so much for your support!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Friendly bump! We need all the help here we can get!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
Javs
Hall Of Famer

Angry

How can I add OOTP 18 to Steam if I didn't use Steam to buy it?
Javs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:58 AM   #4
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

"How can I add OOTP 18 to Steam if I didn't use Steam to buy it?"

You can't!! Next year I'll just be buying the steam version. Seems like every time I update the regular game I loose my league. Last years version I had on steam, no issues updating and I played the heck out of it!! This year not so much
Baldrick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick88 View Post
"How can I add OOTP 18 to Steam if I didn't use Steam to buy it?"

You can't!! Next year I'll just be buying the steam version. Seems like every time I update the regular game I loose my league. Last years version I had on steam, no issues updating and I played the heck out of it!! This year not so much
Sorry but that has to be something on your end. If it was a wide spread issue the forums would be full of posts on the subject. I've had every version, bought direct from OOTP Developments, since v4 (2002) and have never lost a league either on an update or importing my on-going game into each new version.

Only thing that comes to mind is I use only default installation and save locations. Any change you use a custom setup that may be causing your issue?

If I was you, I'd file a technical support ticket, maybe they can resolve your issue?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #6
washedbobdole
Bat Boy

Problems with OOTP 18

So the game seemed to work fine for the first 24 hours but then it would not let me continue/load my saved standard career. Now whenever I even try to create a standard career I get a database logo error and it won't let me continue. Any suggestions?
washedbobdole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
cincyreds
Minors (Double A)

I sure will Markus. It is good to be back!
cincyreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #8
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Honestly, if I review the game on Steam it will be a bad one. You cannot play this game without being connected to Steam. Big mistake to buy this game from Steam.

Edit: I was wrong, you can play the game without being connected to Steam. I withdraw my complaint. However, I still won't buy on Steam again unless I have to.

Last edited by bailey; 07-28-2017 at 12:49 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Honestly, if I review the game on Steam it will be a bad one. You cannot play this game without being connected to Steam. Big mistake to buy this game from Steam.
That has nothing to do with the game itself, that's just how Steam works. So you'd basically be reviewing Steam

Which if you don't like Steam, that's fine and part of why we always give you the option to buy directly from us anyway

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #10
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
This makes no sense at all. You do realize what Steam is, correct? You understand its purpose?
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:18 PM   #11
rastyk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know this is an old post, but I'm still frustrated that the steam ratings were propped up last year by the web site purchasers not getting steam keys. In other words, we had less flexibility so that the steam reviews would "count more". In the real world, this meant the 5? times that I fumbled around with the computer forgetting that it was activated, I could have simply booted up the steam version and bypassed it until I felt like working out the problem. I'm still very disappointed with this change and loss of flexibility.

Last edited by rastyk; 01-22-2018 at 08:34 PM.
rastyk is offline   Reply With Quote