Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 02-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #21
JMdolla$ign
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Minor Leagues Yes, but for MLB manager 2k16 just one minor league teir will be fine. Just a AAA. An entire system wouldn't be possible because on most of my leagues rosters are 30 players are less. If no minor leagues, at least a spring training. Lastly, I agree with a player card having the numbers being red under a category where a player led the league a year. Also I think an all time season leaderboard will be nice to see who has the all time record for hrs in a season,etc. To conclude, league evolution obviously, more fictional league customization and also another leaderboard where you can see a GM all time records for teams/where there offense and Defense ranked too
JMdolla$ign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #22
Drexy
Bat Boy

Keep it simple! Let not forget this is the "to go" version of the pic game.
And for improvements I would like to see a deal done with the MLB & MLBPA to add photos of all the players.
Drexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #23
IAmC
Major Leagues

Three (hopefully) easier changes:
1) During a game, when doing a Substitution while batting, make the default roster filter "All Batters" with the default view being "Batting Ratings". I would hope that this would be really, really easy.
2) Once a shortlisted player retires, keep their information available until he is no longer shortlisted. That way, I can keep my favorite players' stats and info around until I no longer want them. To help with that, I would hope that retired players don't lose their stats immediately upon retirement, so I can shortlist someone once they retire if I haven't done so earlier.
3) In the "News and Mail", add a setting that notifies me upon any mention of my team or my team's players (e.g. Player of the Month, good performances for or against my team, etc.).
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #24
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexy View Post
Keep it simple! Let not forget this is the "to go" version of the pic game.
And for improvements I would like to see a deal done with the MLB & MLBPA to add photos of all the players.
I would not want player photos to be mandatory. This game already takes up enough room on a 16GB iPhone and photos would just bloat it more. If this was added, it should be optional.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #25
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

It's a small thing but it would be nice if the game kept track of streaks like hitting streaks and win streaks
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:10 AM   #26
Texasborn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
3) In the "News and Mail", add a setting that notifies me upon any mention of my team or my team's players (e.g. Player of the Month, good performances for or against my team, etc.).

Good idea's. This one is something already in the game btw. Go to Manger-> Manger Options-> Subscribe to -> News from your team only.
Texasborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #27
daves
Hall Of Famer

1. Change trade difficulty
2. Exhibition Games
3. Customize league format or playoffs
4. All Computer team mode or all human mode.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #28
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

1. Individual player strategies along with force starting a player at a certain position
2. Coaches
3. Scouting
4. Longer drafts with better talent
5. International FA
6. Create a Player function
7. More settings
8. Higher talent change randomness
9. Ratings based more on stats than talent or more equal at least
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #29
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

Fix the issue with the ability to zoom in on a box score. Pretty useless for Android users.

Last edited by threesportgeek; 03-10-2016 at 10:57 AM.
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #30
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkelley View Post
1. Individual player strategies along with force starting a player at a certain position
3. Scouting
4. Longer drafts with better talent
7. More settings
9. Ratings based more on stats than talent or more equal at least
I would definitely agree with the above.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #31
wodi
All Star Reserve

Features/Additions you would like to see in MLB MANAGER 2016

I'd add my agreement on higher talent change randomness.

4th and 5th rounds picks are worthless. I'm not saying make them good, but at least let there be the possibility that one of them could develop into a useful player.

Just sucks to know they are worthless.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #32
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Just having AAA with stats would be everything.
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #33
wodi
All Star Reserve

Features/Additions you would like to see in MLB MANAGER 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG719 View Post
Just having AAA with stats would be everything.

Stats may be too much for the game to handle..... AAA even without stats would be a great addition

Last edited by wodi; 03-13-2016 at 08:50 AM.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #34
Crimguy
Minors (Triple A)

Minors would be nice. Frankly, if they just made better use of the screen real estate, i.e. more columns and customizable information, I'd be a happy man.
Crimguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #35
Edster007
All Star Starter

So many ideas have been already put out there, I will add this:

I would like to see pitchers show up in the draft in the primary roll they filled in their actual MLB career to avoid the list of quality starters who spend their career as middle relievers in this game.

Expansion would be nice but I don't think its doable. I played 1901 through 2015, doing it with only 16 teams all the way through not only does it skew the stats (16 teams=much better pitching available) some players who had decent careers never get out of the minor leagues.

An easier way to manually move players. I have done single season team replays where I try to follow the transactions. Quitting the team to manage another to force trades through is a work around but I would rather it be in the editor it would be much quicker.

Either way I will be first in line to get the game. Looking forward to the release which I assume isn't going to be the end of March like last year.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #36
Ithinkiamjoseph
Bat Boy

iPad Pro support.

Less walks and wild pitches. It seems like no matter what pitcher I have in, they throw 5 walks and 3 wild pitches every single game. I'll bring in Kimbrel and he throws 4 walks most times he comes in. Makes no sense at all.

iCloud saves.
Ithinkiamjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:26 PM   #37
JoseB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've been suggesting this for years: when you're moving a player from the minors to the majors and the 25-man roster is already full, instead of showing a "Roster already full" error screen, it should offer a option to select a major league player to send down.

This would eliminate several steps of having to back out of the error screen, go into the full roster and find a player, send him down, and then bring-up the minor league player.

Edit: I've been suggesting this since 2012.

Last edited by JoseB; 03-23-2016 at 12:52 PM.
JoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #38
Leefoo
Major Leagues

If I remember correctly, when I bought MLB15, I couldn't continue playing the leagues I had started on MLB14. I had to start all over. While the upgrade was WELL worth the price (esp having the editor), it annoyed me to have to abandon my started leagues.

Is this still the case with this update?
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #39
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
If I remember correctly, when I bought MLB15, I couldn't continue playing the leagues I had started on MLB14. I had to start all over. While the upgrade was WELL worth the price (esp having the editor), it annoyed me to have to abandon my started leagues.

Is this still the case with this update?
In an e-mail today, I asked Sebastien "Are saved games from an iPhone using iOS 8.1.1 transferrable from MLBM15 to MLBM16 using a third-party utility (like in the past before the iOS update that broke it) or not?" and he replied saying "the saves are game compatible."
Old 03-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #40
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yesterday, I picked up OOTP17 and MLB Manager 2016. And I'm a little disappointed with MLBM16 this year. I mostly play one-pitch mode, so I can finish a game quickly. But, since it offers the Take Pitch option when batting, I use it and seem to get more walks. However, if I have 2 strikes, I can't take the pitch. And I want that option in one-pitch mode, as well as the pitch count on screen. There's plenty of room to put it next to the outs.

Also, during my first game, I've already noticed the commentary goes behind the cartoony announcer, instead of staying within the commentary box and wrapping in a more attractive, readable fashion. That commentary should be an easy fix. And I'd prefer a faceless announcer (like a dark silhouette) or a more classy black and white image (more realistic looking). The cartoons look well done, I just don't think the cartoon style goes with the game.

And finally, I would like to see this game's save system function like Football Manager Mobile. When you manually save, you can return to that exact moment every time you load that save. Currently it auto saves after every game whether you manually save or not, rendering the whole option to manually save completely redundant. So if I lose a game, I'll never be able to replay it to get the tactics right. I'm always going to load that file after that game, instead of being able to load my manual save at the point when I made it. Does that make sense?

Last edited by curtneedsaride; 03-25-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Correcting grammar.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote