Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #181
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestack View Post
It's probably a bit too early to make an assessment of 2013 as of right now. I'll continue to observe and see if there's an argument to be made later. I have some faith in the eye test, though I understand why data-driven assessments (even with questionably reliable defensive metrics) are preferred.

Appreciate the commitment to accuracy.
Thanks.

Data driven is preferred, but since the data is conflicting in this case, and as you mention, there are issues with UZR, I'm actually going more with the eye test as to Wright. But with my eye test, and apparently that of whoever rated his d, (haveband, I think, it wasn't me) not yours. Sorry

If his d ends up looking great again this year, I'd be willing to make some changes. Agree that it's too early to tell either way. In the meantime, that's what the editor is for, you can make whatever changes you like in your game

Appreciate all your observations, they've been great. Sorry I can't agree on Wright, I've agreed with everything else you've brought up though Looking forward to your thoughts on the Mets minors.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-13-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #182
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

I'm planning on checking out Wheeler and D'Arnaud next Friday. I live about 15 mins from Cashman field here in Vegas.
BaronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #183
Ghetto Anthony
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
This stuff is right in our db and in the official OOTP installation files. Seems like something is wrong with your installation. You may want to do a complete uninstall-reinstall.
For the record it is only incorrect when I create a Custom Game with the Major League base. When I do the ML Quickstart it is correct.
Ghetto Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #184
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post
For the record it is only incorrect when I create a Custom Game with the Major League base. When I do the ML Quickstart it is correct.
Ok thanks. That's cause the quickstart doesn't give the ai a chance to run when it loads.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #185
slugga27
All Star Starter

This isn't really a major league roster thing, but I just want to point it out...reliever Tom Ebert (I think he's on Salem in the Red Sox system) retired before last season started.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #186
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
This isn't really a major league roster thing, but I just want to point it out...reliever Tom Ebert (I think he's on Salem in the Red Sox system) retired before last season started.
Thanks, I fixed it.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #187
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

Kevin Youkilis?

I think I may have found one. Kevin Youkilis is not appearing as a player. Tried to do an import of youkike01 and although it added him, it doesn't have any MLB stats for him.
KennyV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #188
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

I've just run the roster set through the mill overnight and today, and I have but two words:

THANK YOU
Everything is absolutely tremendous, as a matter of fact I'd be willing to go as far as to say this is the best roster set created for not only OOTP but any other baseball sim as well, and to think it was created by volunteers who've willingly invested their own free time with no incentive other than their own satisfaction speaks to the character of those involved, guys again great job and most of all, thank you.

Last edited by PhillieFever; 04-14-2013 at 12:36 PM.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #189
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyV17 View Post
I think I may have found one. Kevin Youkilis is not appearing as a player. Tried to do an import of youkike01 and although it added him, it doesn't have any MLB stats for him.
He's there. Did you do a search?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #190
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
I've just run the roster set through the mill overnight and today, and I have but two words:

THANK YOU
Everything is absolutely tremendous, as a matter of fact I'd be willing to go as far as to say this is the best roster set created for not only OOTP but any other baseball sim as well, and to think it was created by volunteers who've willingly invested their own free time with no incentive other than their own satisfaction speaks to the character of those involved, guys again great job and most of all, thank you.
What a nice post! Thanks a lot!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #191
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

I did. They only Kevin Yxxxxx I found was Kevin Young, but not Youkilis. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.
KennyV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #192
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post

THANK YOU
No, thank you. We all appreciate the kind words.

The thing is, none of us here are even satisfied with what we've done. We have been at it again this past weekend adding things to the roster set. Not only have we addressed the issues pointed out here, but we have done a lot of ratings fixes with minor leaguers. I have personally added a ton of new players to almost every teams Intl complex, with more being added today. And I know Lukas wants to add even more 2013 draft prospects and I want to add the top 20/30 International free agents for you all to be able to sign into your complexes which quite frankly, I could have done by the first big patch.

hb
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #193
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I did. They only Kevin Yxxxxx I found was Kevin Young, but not Youkilis. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.
what type of game did you start, an MLB quickstart? I got him just fine in mine.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #194
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Hmm, weird. You should probably try starting a new game. Maybe you accidentally deleted him somehow.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #195
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post

The thing is, none of us here are even satisfied with what we've done. We have been at it again this past weekend adding things to the roster set. Not only have we addressed the issues pointed out here, but we have done a lot of ratings fixes with minor leaguers. I have personally added a ton of new players to almost every teams Intl complex, with more being added today. And I know Lukas wants to add even more 2013 draft prospects and I want to add the top 20/30 International free agents for you all to be able to sign into your complexes which quite frankly, I could have done by the first big patch.

hb
Yeah. haveband also fixed all the contracts that were off by even a few thousand dollars the last couple days!

And I was going to take today off after working on the rosters most of the day Friday and yesterday. Guess what I'm doing right now? Fixing the current ratings of High A players

It helps to be a bit ocd when you're on the roster team

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #196
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yeah. haveband also fixed all the contracts that were off by even a few thousand dollars the last couple days!

And I was going to take today off after working on the rosters most of the day Friday and yesterday. Guess what I'm doing right now? Fixing the current ratings of High A players

It helps to be a bit ocd when you're on the roster team
My plan today was to watch baseball on tv... Instead, my neighbors must think I am deaf because I am blasting the game in the other room while I work on International prospects
Old 04-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #197
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post

hb
This is the kind of dedication that makes OOTP such a quality product. Fantastic job guys. I know the rosters are already great out of the box but I'm holding off starting a new 2013 league until that patch arrives..can't wait tbh!
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #198
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronA View Post
Junior Reyes - 155,000 bonus. A lefthander that is praised by scouts for his command and pitchability throws a 87-89 mph fastball. Less upside than Pinto, but at the very least adds depth to the farm system.
Baron, do you have a dob for Reyes? I'll add him if I can find one.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #199
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
More on Wright:

It's not like Wright was a great fielder even before that. Here's his UZR's by year:

04 - +4.0
05 - -5.1
06 - -6.9
07 - +6.3
08 - +5.9
09 - -9.6
10 - -11.0
11 - -10.6
12 - +15.4
13 - -0.4

So as you can see 2012 is clearly an outlier. I just don't see how we can rate him more highly than average on the basis of one outlier season. Do you? In fact it's the outlier that even allows you to make a case for his d to be average, imo. Otherwise I'd say it's been below average to poor.

And, though I don't really like using the 'eye test', as I prefer factual evidence, I have to say that as a Met and Wright fan (Wright's my second favorite current MLB player to Beltran), I've never thought his defense was anything to write home about, even at the times it was being widely praised in the media.

I'll take a look at Zimmerman later.
Wright did work with Mets coach Tim Teufel last year to correct throwing issues which were the main cause of his errors. He comes up over the top more when not charging bunts which makes his throw truer. He currently has a long errorless game streak, team record 66 games.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #200
Squishmytomato
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When will all of these roster updates be available?

Thanks!
Squishmytomato is offline   Reply With Quote